Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

72 posts, 22 members
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I'm desperate to get my hands on some Soap & Glory, as the products sound divine. I have two questions for you experts out there; 1) Are the products as good as they sound? 2) Any suggestions for how to purchase them? I'm thinking via Ulta or Boots, with Youshop.. but will the shipping really be that extreme? I'm particularly interested in the body butters and body scrubs which are of course the heaviest items. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
postie plus still have them hon. Or at least the Clean on Me shower gel (divine) and the Righteous Body Butter (lovely) . . . the body butter ($15) is instore only; the shower gel ($10) is available on line as well, and both are currently buy 2, get one free
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Thank you Trudi.. that was what convinced me I needed them! I would love to try the body butter but it's not available online and the Napier store doesn't have it. xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
see how you get on but if you like, I can see if they have body butters up here at the shop I got mine and play intermediary (you can just pay me back :) ) if you get stuck
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have a few of the items from when I went to London last year. The scrubs were pretty good! I loved that they scrubbed well, smelt amazing, and when they washed off you were left feeling really clean and no oily feeling that a lot of other scrubs leave. I've done a review on the Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick in Nudist, and it is amazing. I don't have much of it left and will do a boots order when I run out as I love it! I have a concealer from them sitting in my collection still untouched (I have far too much makeup). Hand food hand cream was lovely, smelt good and sunk in quickly. Body butter smelt amazing.

But overall everything I have had from them so far is amazing.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Trudi - you are so kind. I'll see how I go.. or if my craving for Soap and Glory fades in the netx few days! Kirsty, how would you compare to supermarket products and The Body Shop? I usually use The Body Shop and sometimes pick up supermarket scrubs.
First Lady
957 posts
Chelsea...buy all the Soap and Glory you can!  It's the range I miss most from the UK, especially at Christmas when they do amazing gift sets and good old Boots (huge pharmacy chain) does their 3 for 2 on Christmast gifts.

Lucky for me it's the second Christmas in a row I have family coming over from the UK.  Not so lucky for their luggage allowance :p

And the Postie prices are actually really good, pretty much spot on for the UK prices, so fingers crossed the range extends.

xox
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Okay, I NEED. I have emailed PostiePlus and might actually pop into the Napier store, as the lady on the phone sounded pretty unsure about what I was talking about. x
kirstyj
1732 posts
I like them more than Body Shop... Body Shop scrubs I can find to leave a residue which I hate. The body butter isn't as dense as the Body Shop ones but I find it sinks in a lot better.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Now I find myself on boots.com ... even though I have two body shop body butters sitting in my bedside table that I hardly ever use :P
kirstyj
1732 posts
Also Chelsea I saw your pic on Instagram that you picked up a By Terry cream shadow! Can't wait to hear your review as I've had one of these in my cart at mecca for ages!!!
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Ooh - it was a total impulse buy although I was looking for something a little special. I've only used it once as I wasn't wearing eyeshadow this week but it is beautiful. Really easy to use and perfect for brightening and opening up the eyes. But it's not going to be worth $60 unless you are prepared to be paying for an extra special, fancy gold product in your hand. It's a luxury product that I wanted to treat myself to - but not something every second person is going to comment on when they see my eyes. 
Macs
5351 posts
I've been using the body butter it's so lovely, I'm so glad I was enabled lol I might pick up a body wash this week too. If First ladies encouraging you it must be good lol
First Lady
957 posts
Kirstyj... I want all the gift sets. All of them.  I might just have to give my auntie a budget and let her surprise me, because I will never be able to decide.

#firstworldproblems
shazatron101
5112 posts
I feel bad, I had a smell of both the shower gel and the body butter and the smell did nothing for me D: I'm so glad I didn't give in to the sale online and buy it!
chikoboo
3402 posts
As I don't have a postie plus anywhere near me and I buy things overseas all the time, most of my soap and glory items have come from beauty.com (you have to use youshop) and boots (again youshop unless you have someone like me who will do it for you...thanks mum! hehehe)

Head Pixie
569 posts
I popped into Postie the other day and they had a few S&G products that aren't listed on the website. I spoke to the lady and she was saying they fly out as soon as they come in. I also may have asked if they'll continue to stock S&G .... and it sounds like due to its popularity they'll keep bringing it in...

FIST PUMP OF JOY!!!
chloednz
217 posts
Am loving my Soap and Glory body butter also! So excited for Postie plus to stock more. I did notice that there is a seller on trademe selling soap and glory, not super cheaply but maybe worth it if theres something particular you want. I have my heart set on the solar power bronzer and the glow all out when I have some spare $ to spend.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I need to get my hands on that body butter, so gutted that my store sold out of it! Oh Headpixie, what other items did they have? When I was in Aussie, I picked up the breakfast scrub, I havent had a chance to used it yet but my gosh it smells amazing.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got flake away, binary, and while its good it's not omg out of this world amazing
Head Pixie
569 posts
BinaryBeauty, they had a gift set featuring six (or maybe eight?) minis, Make Yourself Youthful rejuvenating serum (which I may have bought), and something else which I cannot remember the name of (sorry) - that was at Postie at Westfield Albany. I do believe I'll be making that stores acquaintance on a more regular fashion.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh my goodness Head Pixie! I'm off to Postie tomorrow for sure!!!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I have the body wash it's devine ND th body butter is waiting in store for me my local postie plus ordered me so they do orders and they come in batches which means if mine has arrived in store then all stores Ave been restocked :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
That's where I go head pixie and they're so friendly even with 3 kids in tow running around the shop I was greedy and have 3 body butters and 3 bodywash waiting for me 1 for my bathroom one for the kids one body butter for me one for the entrance and one for a gift bdays coming up my 2 bosses
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Oh now I'm tempted to  go into my local postie and see if they have any more goodies, I'll probably buy everything because I have been really enjoying everything that I have tried from that range so far

Mila
1209 posts
I really want to try the body butters,I love a good body butter and have only heard great things!! I'mflung to have to start running out to cut the courier off at the pass before my partner sees haha
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Ooh, I didn't think of TradeMe. Thank you for all of your advice and excitement ladies - I will keep pursuing this!
janini9
341 posts
Arrrgh, be careful with the Trademe seller. Just tried to buy four items, and it's doing something weird. It's only letting me buy one item at a time and even then I can't tell if I've actually bought it - money from credit card has been deducted but something's off. I don't know if I'm being charged the shipping cost for each item or as a bulk lot. I've emailed and await to see what's going to happen. 
Looking through the sales, many are say item wasn't sold, so definitely something going on.

UPDATE ******

All is good re the purchasing.
what you have to do is put the full shipping in for first item, then add $1.50 per each extra item. But you do pay for each item individually and once the last item in the cart is paid for, then the whole cart thing works and your order is processed and will be shipped and there us the normal Trademe verification of purchase notice. 
Phew, I was panicking there for a bit - bit out of practise on the trademe purchasing ;)
Will report back on the actual shipping, time taken and condition of goods as I chose the cheapest shipping.
janini9
341 posts
Just wanted to add, the seller is a UK store or gets them direct from the UK - it's not a NZ trader from what I can tell.
chloednz
217 posts
Oh thanks for that advice re the trademe seller janini9, let us know how you get on with it in the end, whether they are a trustworthy seller or not!
Macs
5351 posts
I've been watching trade me for weeks now. I wouldn't mind trying their make up.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hmmmmm.....I have to pass two Posties on my way home today.......
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Thank you for the update.. I'll wait and see how you get on because I've never purchased from an international seller on TradeMe and that sounds a little confusing. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Just FYI for all the lovely Dunedin ladies... Postie Plus in Dunedin Central doesn't have any Soap & Glory products. :( I had a wee bit of premature excitement so now I'm very dissapointed.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
There's always postie online they have everything on their website so go shopping thst way
kirstyj
1732 posts
Unfortunately they don't have everything K3R1!!! They only have the body butter and I think the face wash but some of the ladies here have found the body washes etc :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
That sucks KirstyJ, I haven't been instore to my postie for awhile now.. but when I go, if there is some stuff there do you want me to get some things for you? I'll let you know if anything is there anyway and you can decide then x
kirstyj
1732 posts
Awwwww Thanks BinaryBeauty! If there are any scrubs around or shower gels I would love them. Let me know :) (Don't mind paying for them and shipping etc :) )
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
There was nothing at all in the Paraparaumu store either. Will check out Porirua tomorrow.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Cool, I'll keep in touch and let you know if I find anything 
trudijoy
8375 posts
fab new picture, binary x
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Thanks trudijoy , I haven't changed my profile picture in months and months so I though it was about time! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Love your new pic BinaryBeauty! Looking lovely.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Thanks kirstyjI was thinking of doing a photo wearing a wee mask for the whole superhero thing.. but thought people might not get my lame humour
Macs
5351 posts
I went to postie today, couldnt help myself. I went to one quite far from me and they had a face serum and facial wash . The Body butters and wash sold out fast there. Come back to the postie where I live and all the clean on me was sold out as well only Body Butter. Ended up just getting a  Miki nail polish and a new t shirt. Hopefully they will re stock it.

Its nice to see a pic of you Marleen xxxx Love that lip colour.
kirstyj
1732 posts
oh my gosh! If I had a mask I would so do that BinaryBeauty!!! Love it
shazatron101
5112 posts
Draw a mask on with your makeup! I'd love to see that too haha it'd look so cute! Plus halloween is coming up, it doubles as a costume ;-) hahaha
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
So true Shazatron, Okay this week I will find.. or draw a mask on just for you guys
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Binarybeauty you need one of my Korean sheets masks. I bet they do ones with super heroes one. Missha has just launched a Wonder Woman range so you never know lol. 

Loving your profile pic!
Koni
444 posts
Wow this brand must be really something it has a lot of you lovelies searching for it ... hmmmm I must resist ... *pencils in a Postie+ visit* haha.

Absolutely agree - gorgeous profile pic Marleen x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!