Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Small Accomplishments (NBR or BR you decide!)

29 posts, 15 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Since forever I have been trying to make Russian fudge. I always mess it up - it never sets, I stir the burnt flavor through it. I just couldn't do it. UNTIL TODAY!!!! I finally got the courage to try again and I'm so glad I did cos I nailed it for once. I know what to do for next time :-D

So what's something you've done recently? I mean, making fudge set probably isn't a big thing in someone's world, but in mine I am bloody over the moon!! :-D 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Haha well done. I did my first radio broadcast today which was a bit nerve wracking.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh Shaz well done - Russian Fudge is amaaazing!

That's exciting itsclearascrystal. Is it a new job?
shazatron101
5112 posts
It is Maree! I am stuck with what to do with the rest of the condensed milk though.. short of just eating it lmfao 

Crystal that's awesome!!! How freakin' cool. It's weird when you hear radio voices then put faces to the voice, it's never what you'd expect.

Today my small accomplishment was making a headband, it's pretty fantastic haha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shaz, my favourite use for condensed milk (apart from eating is straight off a spoon) is in coffee, like they do in Vietnam (use good, strong filter coffee). Or made into dulce de leche and served with churros. Or made into Mexican flan... I wasn't joking when I said I have a sweet tooth lol. 

That is awesome, itsclearascrystal!
trudijoy
8375 posts
half a tin of condensed milk whipped with a 300ml bottle of cream, with grated white chocolate and passionfruit pulp mixed into it = the BEST no bake cheesecake filling on the planet. Also amazing in brandy baskets <3
Macs
5351 posts
omg all this yummy food talk . Must not cave in lol 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Not a paid job yet, but watch this space because I'm working on that.
trudijoy
8375 posts
My accomplishments this week were mostly work related I think. I did figure out how to curl my hair without heat though!
shazatron101
5112 posts
That's awesome!! How? do tell. I haven't curled my hair in ages :/

Today's accomplishment, it wasn't even 10 and I had sunblock on my face. 

And I ended up making caramel slice. Base is too thick for my liking but I'm quite pleased with it regardless :D 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I made it out of bed and to the gym before midday!!! That has to be an accomplishment:P
shazatron101
5112 posts
heck yeah it is!!! thats awesome Kirsty, good on you :-D 
Macs
5351 posts
Waking up every morning to run/walk. I've managed to loose 6kg in five weeks. Hopefully move the rest of it by December. I'm drinking water everyday something I used to struggle with. Haven't drunk coffee in two months. I feel like I have a lot of energy. I'm not depressed or down like I used to be.
Julieal
915 posts
Good on you Shaz -russian fudge is the best -You can make salad dressing with remainder of condensed milk. Well Done !!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's so short that putting it in a half bun wet renders it curly by lunch lol
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I think everyone has made great small and big accomplishments!
I failed at my new years resolution of planting a veggie garden, typical.
I did achieve to get all my washing pile washed, dried and put away once back from holiday.
I also made a Beauty related decision I'm pleased about :)
MareeB
5241 posts
Wow, you ladies are up to amazing things. I'll be up for giving that recipe a try Trudi, it sounds lovely!

Keep up the good work Shaz.

Congrats on the weight loss Macs - you rock!
kirstyj
1732 posts
You haven't failed at your new years resolution Amy! There is still a good ten and a half months to make your veggie garden :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmmm russian fudge....yummm. Condensed milk is so devine lol I use it to make dressing. Wow macs 6kg is fantastic! You are doing great.
Hmmmm last night I managed to open my beer with a spoon as I couldn't find my bottle opener...lol i've been trying to do that for years. Yip I'm so classy :-)
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Shaz - we'll do a baking swap lol - I can't make russian fudge to save myself!
My accomplishment this year is getting a job! First job in over a decade, and its a foot in the door for when I finish my study :) 

One happy thing for this year, at least! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I finished filling in the answers for my Learner's License at the back of my road code book. I took my time and expounded on the answers so I can remember them good. Did take awhile to fill them all in but it's done now.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Exactly what I was going to say, Kirsty! Plenty of time to make that vege garden Amy :-D 

Hahahahaha a spoon even. I usually use a spoon for my toast if I cant find a knife :P 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
That's a very good point Kirsty! I was really hoping to have it ready and planted in January but I'm sure If I get it done this year I've still accomplished my goal.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yesterday's accomplishment was stacking 3 cube of wood. Today, I didn't stack it, but I threw another 4 cube in the shed - my back is aching! 

I also read Kellie's book - It was awesome. I wish it was longer! Haha. I can't wait to see what you write next!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Todays accomplisment was not losing my head when I found out SOMEONE had left a pen in his work pants pocket, which effectively has ruined a pair of my very expensive pyjama pants. Last week it was paper. Lots and lots of paper.  >:( 

Any tips on getting ink stains out? 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Ooh cabin is in troooouble with shaz lol I managed to finally finish one of the 8 books I have started so now down to 7 woop
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've removed a very small ink stain with isopropyl alcohol before (like Jillee does) but never a large one.  I found these tips though for different sized ink stains, although I don't know how well they'll work:  

Housewife how to's

12 solutions for removing ink from clothing
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thanks Silvene! Luckily I googled it anyway, and I used all of my hairspray ( :'( ) getting it out, as well as some Sard paste. I think its 90% gone! Just washing them again with more Sard and then back on the line they go. 

So now, I can upgrade todays accomplishment to - removing pen ink out of pants bahahahaha
MissQT
1547 posts
Shaz, if it's my all out you can try nail polish remover (depends on the type of material your pj's are). This worked on jeans. I out a bit on a cotton bud and dabbed at it a good few times, washed them and repeated this step a few times. You might want to be careful that the acetone in the nail polish remover won't ruin your pj material though.

yesterdays small accomplishment was cleaning my make up brushes :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!