Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sleep Supplements

17 posts, 5 members
MareeB
5241 posts
Hey I notice on tele last night Clinicians were advertising a sleep tonic with magnesium and something else in it. Has anyone tried it?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've stopped taking magnesium as a supplement as I keep reading you actually absorb it better through your skin than in a tablet form. I've started using creams instead. I use it for aches and pains though, not sleep.
trudijoy
8375 posts
nah i use this spray , and it's amazing.

I get pretty rampant insomnia as part of my condition (I'm hypothyroid) and this makes SO much difference.  I still need knockout sleeping pills every now and then, I cut those in quarters though.  In between times for a little bit of 'can't sleep-itis' this works a treat.  

They also have a stronger variant, and a small child variant.

It's VERY lavendery and herbal, but you get used to that. 

I've seen a couple of cheaper alternatives recently, but $44 for months of decent sleep is fine by me. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
     My brother has a hard time falling sleep and so he got this pretty affordable one. Said it really helped. When my mom broke out in an itchy rash from an allergic reaction and the heat and she'd wake up during the night, she tried this and it helped her sleep much better. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I use the Ren sleep spray. I don't know if it does actually do anything as I don't usually have trouble sleeping (after years of  not being able to sleep). It was in a gift set that I was interested in so I was curious to try it out. I do have trouble sleeping when travelling so might pick up a small size of the one you use Trudi. They have some gift sets coming up for xmas.
MareeB
5241 posts
That's interesting soozie I'll look into it! I prefer creams to swallowing tablets if it's an option.

MareeB
5241 posts
Hmm interesting about the Swisse brand product. I was taking Vit D for a year and thought it might be helping (wasn't entirely convinced) then I changed brands to Swisse and it's amazing. I feel much and sleep better taking it.

What brand was the spray Trudi? the link didn't work for me.

I'll have a look at the Ren brand too, thank you.

I was curious about the Clinicians supplement simply because it's such a good brand.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi's link was to the 'This Works' brand Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. I have the Ren '& Now to Sleep'. Both are available at Mecca.  Speaking of Mecca....(lol, always!) the Christmas collections are finally released tomorrow! Yay! They're the only things Christmasy I get excited about in November!
trudijoy
8375 posts
weird, link def works, just tried it.

It's the 'This Works' Deep Sleep Pillow Spray sold at Mecca
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh and i've taken the Clinicians REM sleep supplement before - it's pretty good, but so is the healtheries 'Easy Sleep' one, which is LOADS cheaper
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Clinicians REM sleep is pretty good, just a tad pricey.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh cheers. A spray sounds great - non-invasive.
I was at work when I clicked the link, so it was probably blocked by the organisation.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, I'm using the Goodhealth magnesium cream and they do a sleep version. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Thanks Soozie - that looks pretty economical too!
MareeB
5241 posts
I love Clinicans products too Tannygirl, but true, they are pricey. I'm fast becoming a Swisse fan.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, its quite a small tub though so I have gone through it quite quickly. I also have a magenesium oil spray from iherb but I prefer the cream. Interestingly, magnesium is alos make a good natural deodorant.

I've just had a look at the Mecca christmas collections and there are lots of little git sets with small sizes of the spray that Trudi uses if you are wanting to try it. I might pick one up for myself for my travels.
Julieal
915 posts
I take tablets of zinc and magnsium and do believe they help a lot -very good also if you get leg cramps

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!