Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sigma Brushes

16 posts, 11 members
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
So, as its my birthday this month (like i need an excuse), I'm just preparing myself for things i want to buy, and a brand thats on my wishlist is Sigma, because i hear their brushes are amazing. Iv checked out the reviews on BR, but would love to know if anyone here uses Sigma brushes? And what your must have brushes are x 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I bought a few a while ago. I think my fav is a E25 it is incredibly similar to my MAC180 (I think that is what they are called, they are eye blending brushes). I've done a review of it and thye are brilliant.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I love my sigma brushes I have 2. F80 which is a flat top kabuki foundation brush and E40 which is an awesome eyeshadow brush
Sophiegarth
19 posts
I'm looking at getting some too but just wondering if they are really worth the expense. Like are they THAT much better than other brands? I have some expensive ones that are amazing but I also have some cheap no name brand ones which are comparable.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Sophie yes they are seriously better than the cheaper brushes not knocking those at all but with a sigma brush it makes you purr as you use it
Lutece
1849 posts
Happy early birthday darlin!!! And what an awesome birthday gift to give yourself!
My sister in law only has Sigma brushes, she said their the best brushes she has EVER used :)
Kelli
73 posts
I own the mr bunny collection I think it's called, I love it there is definitely a big difference to cheap brushes, but sigma I don't feel are be all end all if brushes, zoeva is suppose to me awesome and what I have seen of shaaanxo range has been really good quality (and no I don't feel like the jessup brand is the same as hers lol I have jessup brushes and I don't think they are the same at all from what I have seen of her range)
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I'm wanting to get the Sigma F80 and their eye set. I have the Bossy set but have found the eye brushes to be really stiff so I'm struggling to do much of anything with them. The powder brushes from the set are good though!

I did look at shaaanxo's brushes but the reviews here on BR have a few people saying they shed a lot after washing so I'm too scared to try them now. They do seem to give her a flawless look in her youtube videos though.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Christine have you washed the Bossy brushes yet? I found that they get a lot more fluffy and softer after a couple of washes
Mila
1209 posts
I have my eye on a few they always pop up on you tube tutorials so you know they are a favourite :)
ChristineHoll
152 posts
Chikobo - Yeah I've washed them a few times but the eye ones are still really stiff. I got some Carousel brushes from the vault which are REALLY soft and fluffy so I'll be switching to them now and someday will save up for Sigma. Like I said though, it's only the eye brushes in the Bossy set that I don't like (well, and the foundation brush but that's no biggie). I'm still using the powder brushes and angled eye brush from Bossy.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Well feedback seems good so far ;) ! I do hear a lot of youtubers talk about sigma brushes which is what has enabled me! I also saw they do a brush cleansing mat (i love the bossy one), but it would be interesting to compare it to something else. Shame its quite a pricey option! I will be adding the three brushes mentioned to my cart x yipeeee!!
Sophiegarth
19 posts
Thanks everyone :) Haha Chickoboo I used to pur with my old Body Shop brushes but it's been a while. But I think I will give them a try. I'm thinking I'll wait til a birthday/Christmas/any excuse for gifts and request the Sigma Premium kit. If I'm going to get my toe wet I'd rather go swimming, if you know what I mean :P
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I would say take all Youtube 'Gurus' opinions on Sigma with a grain of salt, they are all sponsered by Sigma or have affilate links. I have done a bit of research into Sigma and brushes in general because I was looking at getting some for my kit, there are a lot of negative reviews out there as well as these positive reviews by Youtubers. Sigma are also pretty over priced for what you get in my opinion. To make it clear I have not used Sigma brushes and have no desire to but I think it's easy to make a decision from what you find online. I recommend looking into some other brands such as Zoeva, Real Techniques, Bdellium, and Furless. 
MissQT
1547 posts
Interesting views on sigma brushes. I've been looking at getting some sigma brushes, in particular the F80 brush.
Emily-jane
314 posts
Have any BR ladies used the sigma F41 fan brush? Keen to buy this for highlighting but would love to hear some feedback :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!