Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

20 posts, 9 members
First Lady
957 posts
As requested in a previous thread, here is your space to give shout outs to your favourite local businesses that are reopening during Level 3 and eventually, Level 2. 

Thread rules:
- Businesses posted must be NZ owned.
- Businesses must sell a physical product, or service.  Please don't post links to blogs or similar sites.
- Businesses must be beauty-related, or very-closely related to beauty (for example, we know you are all partial to candles...) 
- You may share promo codes as long as they are 'public' codes released by the company.  If it's a code with requirements, for example signing up to the business's newsletter, please don't post the actual code, but feel free to mention the perk of signing up.  
- Please don't share any business that aren't complying with the rules of Level 3.  We're all in this together.
- This isn't the place for MLM (multi level marketing).
- Link neatly please.
- You can promote your own business in this thread, as long as you follow the rules of the thread. 

And to start you off...we are able to ship our Beauty Boxes in a non-contact and safe manner, and have decided to keep our 2 for $120 deal open.  Check them out here.

Love Nat & the Crew xox
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I own a small home-based nail & make-up salon.  While the salon itself remains closed, I am able to sell products that are usually for sale in-salon via my online store (cuticle oil, gel polish removal packs, eyeliner, lip liner, and in the new "design-your-own" press-on nails). 

Orders are couriered NZ-wide (from tomorrow, once we're in Level 3), and couriers collect from a safe location, so there is no person-to-person contact.  Any local support would be greatly appreciated.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I forgot to mention in my previous post that I'll also be supporting local NZ businesses (as and when I can afford to). 

I'm currently using Mia Belle's Oil Balancing Shampoo bar that I bought prior to lockdown, and it's good. A nice solid bar that hasn't gone soggy, and lathers really well without stripping my hair or leaving it 'squeaky'.

Essentially Tamara do shower bombs (kind of like a bathbomb for those without baths - I got a box of these before lockdown, too), and I find the Breathe ones really good for colds & allergies, and the Clarity ones are great for headaches and migraines. 

No.3 have a great natural deodorant that hubby's been using for years.  Their products are in pots, not solid bars, but they are local and are natural, plant-based, vegan skincare and body products. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Anyone got any recommendations for a lip scrub?
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hey Silvene could you explain how they work? Is it single use? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
You could make your own :-)  Add things like coffee, sugar, honey, coconut oil etc. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Valid. I don't have half those ingredients so may end up purchasing a scrub instead of making my own.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Mia Belle do a lip scrub (I haven't tried it though, but have linked it), and they do tester pot sizes, too. 

The shower bombs come in packs of 5 or 10.  Each bomb is designed for a single use, they last about 8-10mins in the shower, and they're individually wrapped.  
tabucutie
1811 posts
Those lip scrub flavours sound delicious. Will hopefully make a purchase on payday.

Definitely intrigued by the shower bomb idea, will have to give them a go too I think.
MareeB
5241 posts
Great to buy local if you can. Buying NZ made is sooo important too, but as an elderly neighbour pointed out, this is much more tricky than it used to be. I'd support the Govt investing in manufacturing so we can go back to making our own stuff and providing jobs for everyone. In the meantime I think buying only from within NZ will hopefully send a strong message that we all intend to support the re-growth of our country xx
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
What a nice idea. I always try to support NZ brands where I can.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I found this wonderful local company online yesterday.  They make keepsake jewellery from DNA, breastmilk, hair, clothing, pet fur, etc.  I have ordered one of their Pet Fur keepsake charm beads. I have some of Pringles' fur from when I brushed him on Wednesday morning and I found one of his whiskers in our conservatory yesterday.  I'm going to have his white whisker and strands of his ginger fuzz set into the charm bead.  I think it will be a wonderful way to remember him and keep him close. 

Thanks for all the lovely messages, ladies.  I never thought such a little being could have had such a huge impact on our daily lives. My elderly neighbours are really battling with the loss as well.  We always laughed about Pringles being my "timeshare kitty", as he visited them every day for cuddles and kitty treats over the years, and they called him their adopted 'grandFurKid'.  We've definitely lost a member of our family. x
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Sorry, in my fuzzy state of mind I completely forgot that this thread was supposed to be for beauty related local companies only.  Admin / moderators, please delete my previous post if you need to.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've seen those beads! I think I'm going to get one done with the squidlets hair when all this virus stuff is over!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ah, well i saw a different company that makes the beads, not this one haha but same deal i think but this one is more expensive!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
The keepsake jewellery is so beautiful.  A friend showed me this site a few months ago and I'm going to put bubs ashes in a pendant. I really love this! My partner also got his dads ashes in a bead. They have 2 for 1 sales often on those :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The loss of a pet is not a small thing. I still dream about the cat I grew up with sometimes. We got her when I was a baby and she was with us until I was 17. She's never left me. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I only found three keepsake jewellery places, but unfortunately the other two didn't have very good reviews, so I went with this one.  
Kat555
143 posts
Such a great idea. I love how everyone is supporting eachother in our lovely little country. I really hope it continues on the otherside xx
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My keepsake beads from ICE - Keepsake Jewellery arrived today.  I've posted a pic on the photo wall, for those that are interested in seeing what they look like. 

They do all sorts of inclusions: locks of hair, fur, cremation ash, sand, shells or soil, dried flowers, clothing or material, embryos, dried placenta, umbilical cord, breastmilk, and custom orders.  They also do Angel Casting for those who have lost an infant or child.  It's amazing what they can work with.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!