Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Shaving cream

16 posts, 16 members
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
We all know the feeling of a shiny new product sitting in our bathroom and the excitement that lasts at least a few days. The one product that I just can't get excited about is shaving cream (for legs and underarms). I have only ever seen the supermarket options, so I tend to pick up something like the Gilette Women's foaming shaving gel, which I believe is about $9. Zero excitement and a lot of product is needed. I would be interested to hear if you ladies have any exciting (or even just more affordable) alternatives. xx
Mila
1209 posts
Ah shaving cream ! Its a bit like buying mouthwash something you need but a little bit bleh... :)..Although when I first discovered shaving cream after using body wash forever it was pretty exciting !.  But now I have started to really get into the all natural shampoo bars and body bars I have a beautiful all natural body bar  made with oils and butters and I use this to shave gives a really nice smooth feeling finish :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
For me it's stuff like dental floss, mouthwash, fannywash, etc. basic hygiene items essential and you notice a drop in hygiene in you have to do without for a couple days but not exciting in the least.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I used to get horrible after shaving rash and in grown hairs from just using supermarket brand creams such as venus, so I stopped buying it as the price was high for an item that wasn't cutting it.  Then I stumbled upon Jason brand on iher and use their shaving cream designed for rash prevention (can't recall what its actually name is now as its at home in the bathroom lol) but oh....my...gawd it works wonders and lower price of the supermarket version, I think it was around $3 or $4 max, plus its a large bottle as I've been using it for 6 months or so and the bottle still feels heavy = bargain!!!    Before I found this product I was using nut scrubs (still do for exfoliation) to prepare legs for shaving, not so great on the underarms though, as there is oil in there that keeps the skin smooth to shave without nicking, but it didn't resolve the in grown hair issue as well as the Jason shaving cream does. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Great tips - shaving rash is horrible. I like the idea of a greasy body butter!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I use conditioner! It is inexpensive and works a treat :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I also use conditioner, it does a awesome job Helps the razor just slide 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I actually am always on the look out for something that doesn't give me shaving rash. At the moment I am using aloe vera gel and applying aloe vera and a skin cream I have everyday. The rash isn't all gone, but its much better :)
Kia
550 posts
Personally I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy shaving cream. I've been using conditioner since I first started shaving and it works like a charm! Literally and there is always some in the bathroom! 
Kylenefs
68 posts
Great post Chelsea I actually was at the supermarket today and needed to buy some and there was two choices the one you mentioned and the other one.. I stood there thinking umm ok neither are really jumping out at me.. I don't know what the other is like so guess the Gillete one will do.  I kinda wondered why there was such limited options to choose from will be interested to read what other people use :)
Kenns
85 posts
I'm another conditioner user :) it works like a charm and really does help the razor glide smoothly across the skin. Plus it's one less product to buy because you already have it, which also means one less product cluttering you the bathroom. Win-win!
kirstysays
762 posts
I use coconut oil and I love it!  I've never reall been much of a fan of shaving cream since it's just another expense, but, I always have coconut oil around and it works a treat :)
Macs
5351 posts
Normally Id just use my body wash to shave. Sometimes I use Schick Shaving Cream Lime its about $3-$5 a bottle at the warehouse. 
I also use conditioner :-)
amyhenderson
33 posts
Use conditioner! It makes my legs ao smooth and is very cheap so would definetly reccomend :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Wow Chikoboo, how have I missed that shaving cream on iHerb lol.  I get horrible shaving rash, to the point where I think I have fleas (he he he I don't lol) and its just horrible, as I basically rip my skin itching which makes my legs bleed - ouch.  

I was using conditioner, but if I get one I'm sensitive then, it does the same thing as shaving cream.  I think I will add the Jason one to my next iHerb order and see how that goes, thanks sweets xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!