Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Shades Of Lipstick

12 posts, 12 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I was writing a lipstick review today that made me reflect on just how many lipsticks I've got. Yet still I always seems to see shades that I like. 

I've got so many shades of pink, red and brown it's not funny. But then I'll see a shade of pinky/red that I don't have and then get that as well. Then there's the lipstick that looked amazing when swatched, but actually turns out to look similar to a shade I already had just with a different finish.

Anyone else a lipstick addict or am I alone in collecting 50+ lipsticks?
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Haha I'm sure you're not alone. I had a clean out recently. I have WAAAY more than I need as I often reach for a balm or gloss so I would probably get by with about 5 lipsticks rather than the 30+ I have. I love to use an all over lip pencil then a matte lipstick then a gloss :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i wear like the same 5-6 lipsticks and the rest i'm slowly just throwing away lol.

I've learned what i like (mostly pink) and all my reds were freebies, most other shades just aren't me.

I also know what i prefer formula wise and so i'll keep throwing things out then just restrict myself to a few from now on i think
AboutFace
412 posts
Lipstick and mascara are my go to's when shopping, always looking for something new a bit of an addiction really lol. I have quite a few in various shades, coral, nude brown, mauve, berry, soft red. I use whatever colour I feel like at the time. I prefer a shiny lipstick and shimmery ones are nice too. I actually bought another lippy today haha.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I wish! But I only have a few because my lips are so thin I look ridiculous in most lipstick! 
Helibabi
101 posts
I was watching an insta story and this woman I was watching had soooo many shades and quite a few that I would never ever use myself but they looked great on her.. anyways it did make me think about my own collection. I have soooo many but always gravitate towards ones that aren’t too different to my natural lip colour. I wish I was bold enough to be adventurous but nope. 
Kimrose
1416 posts
I love lippys. I had a clean out a while ago and got rid of 30! I still have plenty. I did just buy 2 more. I loved it when Beauty Review did their lipstick challenge 
siouxsannah
261 posts
Oh gosh. I loooove lipstick. I have so many. I haven't counted them, but I am guessing around 50? I am cool-toned, so I have many different blue-based reds and pinks in all different finishes: glossy, matte, satin. I keep buying more, even though I do not need them!
tabucutie
1811 posts
I went through a lipstick and had about 50. Have culled it back to about 20. It's mostly tones of pink. I miss my browns and berry shades.  Definitely getting better at using what I have. Once I clear a few more out I'll repurchase some shades I want.
Kat555
143 posts
I think I'm really terrible at knowing the best shades for me. I buy some that I think I will like but they don't even show up on me. I often risk the online buy and then regret it because it doesn't actually suit! When will I learn!!??
fuddlewump
3 posts
Not alone there! Sooo tempting to keep buying more lipsticks but I hardly ever wear them..
KnotJustAScarf
43 posts
I have so many mlbb shades but I just love different formulations or variations for different outfits so I can't throw any out!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!