Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

September BRBB review

26 posts, 13 members
MrsRosie
214 posts
Does anyone know will there be a review we can do on the beauty Box as a whole instead of the individual items? I see one from March was there but not for September.
As a newbie getting a BRBB Im keen to share my thoughts.
Apologies if someone has already posted about this or if im just having a 'boys' look? x
kirstyj
1732 posts
Hi Mrs Rosie! A review hasn't come up for this one yet, and it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. I think it may be something that they just tried for one box but won't necessarily do for them all... but of course I don't actually know what they're planning... could be in the works!
MareeB
5244 posts
Yeah, you never know, it could pop up soon :)
Macs
5351 posts
I hope one pops up soon. I'd like to review it as a whole.
jalb88
121 posts
I'd also like to do a review of it as a whole as it was my first box too ! 
MrsRosie
214 posts
Phew thanks ladies pleased it wasnt me just not paying attention. I think it would be important if we could review as a whole, especially newbies like me as to what to expect, I read the reviews on the March one which helped my decison. I will be sure to keep my eyes peeled and let you know when/if I come across it ok x
Rezee
1964 posts
I like reading about the box as a whole too, I think it's super helpful for others to see if they'd like the next one or not. I don't think there was one for the first box? I could be wrong and just haven't seen it, I haven't looked either.
trudijoy
8375 posts
there wasn't one for box one, just box two (as far as I know) - I think the fact that we had a BR email showing us where to review everything might be indicative of what is available in terms of reviews but you never know with BR! I'd review the whole thing too - I think most of us would.  I guess the issue is that reviewing something that isn't the same every time is a tricky one!
First Lady
957 posts
Hey ladies,

We're waiting on our September Beauty Box vanity shots before we can upload the box as a product to review.  

We also like to encourage as many people as we can to review the products in the box individually - it's great feedback for us for future boxes and of course for the wonderful brands that work with us when we're curating them.

xox

trudijoy
8375 posts
Curating!!! I tried for ages to think of the word for that a couple days ago!!!! Haha thanks for the explanation and lexical reminder x
MrsRosie
214 posts
Guess I just presumed because Beauty Review was in the brand directory already with the March BB the same would happen featuring the September BB as a new product - still early days though! Would be super handy to refer back to whats included in the BB's thats for sure, and Id be really interested to hear what you all thought of the September one aswell. So how many BRBB's have there been in total already? 

MrsRosie
214 posts
Yay just saw your message First Lady, thank you xx

So we can review the box as a whole aswell as the individual products?
Macs
5351 posts
Looking forward to reviewing as a whole package. Thanks for the heads up Nat.
First Lady
957 posts
Ha Trudi I can't not use the word...my childhood dream job was museum curator. Halfway there ha.

MrsRosie, you sure can review the box as a whole and the individual products. One of the amazing selling points for brands coming on board is the might of BR's review database!

We worked out if you review all the products and the box it's about 20$ in the vault. The enabler in me automatically thinks 'well that makes the box $28.95 really. (Ok my shopping style might well be 'Creative Purchase Justifier...)

Xx
Ringy
825 posts
Oh my goodness- I think like that- if something is like 50% off- so was $50 but now $25, I'm saving $25 and spending $25 which really just cancels it all to nothing?? Totally justified! No one else sees my logic. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol i hear that Nat. Much the same as me not being able to call karaoke 'carry-okey' because i KNOW its wrong and my mouth won't do it haha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh Trudi, just seeing karaoke written like that makes my ears bleeeeeeddddd.  Like Toe-key-oh. Arghhhh!!!  Even my students (none of whom speak Japanese) know not to say that. Ever. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
KYOTO is bad too. Pet hate is on MKR when noone pronounces Japanese properly but tries at least with the French and Italian.

They arent gee-yoe-zas and its not wag-you...
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It certainly isn't wag-you Trudi! *runs out of the room screaming*
Rezee
1964 posts
Ringy, that logic is spot on! I'm always looking for new ways of justification,  so that will go on my list!
I hadn't thought of how reviewing everything in the box makes it 'practically free'. I like that a lot!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Eek I'm feeling the pressure! I really like using products for a while before reviewing them because my first/second/third opinion often changes as time goes on and I learn how to best use them. But they're coming! I'm loving everyone elses reviews on the products though, they're giving me lots of tips and inspiration to use certain products :)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Ringy with justification like that I only bought the trilogy balm with $10 off and the rest was free. If every other purchase was like this it would be awesome.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I always work the BRBB out by saying things like 'i bought the trilogy balm and eyeliner and the rest was a gwp!!!!'

Works every time
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, Trudi I totally see that BRBB like that too. Each time I've got one there's been a Trilogy product I would've paid for. Best GWP ever!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Trudijoy that's the justification I used with my brother. Of course it helps since I just bought him Versace blue jeans as a gift.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yay can't wait for it to be reviewed as a whole item. I think its such a good idea, and personally I loved reading through the March BB reviews to see what eveyone else really loved,or maybe didn't like as much. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!