Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

September ban

70 posts, 32 members
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Is anyone else keen to do a September shopping ban? This will also exclude the beauty vault because we all know that will be impossible to resist.
sophie4cats
139 posts
I'm just finishing up an August ban, and I cant wait to do a new haul (: plus I don't think I'm strong enough to do 2 months! Eep
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I didn't attempt to do a ban in August but have bought my last beauty related products for a while I hope. So fingers crossed I can do a September one I am doing one order of makeup.co.nz next pay but that is for someone's birthday so I am not including that in my ban due to the product not being for myself.
Kia
550 posts
I could really use a ban actually, but with the discovery of BeautynetKorea, I have to decline. There are like a hundred things on that site that I've got me eyes on! 
Seza95
175 posts
I am!! I just successfully completed my August one and when you read my blog post tnight you'll see why I am hoping to continue my spending ban for another few months!! I was rather surprised that I managed to stick to my ban but I did it!! Hehe :D
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I will have to read it :). And I need to get my car booked in for a service and buy a registration so that has to come first. Plus I have enough makeup so I need to make a chart when I use up so many items I can go reward myself.
hahah  NO
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Haha I don't need the September ban! I'm already broke XD I'd love to go buy some more makeup but I'm already broke
Kellie
570 posts
Count me in!  My shopping has been O.O.C this past two months and I really need to pay off my credit card and save for my daughter's big girl bed.  

Two exceptions:  Beauty Vault and if the Peter Alexander Star Wars PJs go on sale (I have one particular pair in mind), I will HAVE to buy them ;)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Omg those pjs sound absolutely amazing but sadly I don't have a Peter Alexander shop nearby
Rezee
1964 posts
Yep me!! I did really well in August but have a savings goal that I would like to achieve by the end of the year so really need to limit my spending! I am planning to do a beauty iherb order but that will be for my lil sis for her bday :)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I am very tempted to buy wicked at the moment but that will be my reward to myself if I don't purchase anything beauty related for the whole month. And I am still doing violet box but am not including that in my ban ;) and have to get a limited edition tangle teezer off makeup.co.nz for my partners sisters as a birthday present
Jesse
745 posts
Yeah, the next four months are the ones I spend the most! In August I set myself a weight loss target and told myself I'm not allowed to buy any new clothing until I've met it, still haven't caved into the urge :) Beauty products have been a bit harder, so many ridiculous sales on! I did do pretty well on working to use up a bunch of products so happy there. This month I'm thinking about doing a MAC order at the end of the month since I know with the seasons changing I'll probably need to change-up my foundation, plus this month I used up my Studio Fix + and Bronzing Powder :( So I'm gonna try to lay off the other beauty spending so that I can do that order guilt-free :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yip I'm in! This month I lasted a whole 15.5 days. Then stupid cute & amazing products were waving at me through my screen. They were calling out to me. Buy me, buy me, let me come live with you. I caved and gave them all a loving home...

This month I'm lasting the FULL month. I have a MAC order coming. Violet Box comes and if all else fails, I'll do some "grocery" (cough Iherb) shopping. It comes out of husbands account ;)
colleencanary
764 posts
Definitely not I'm sorry! I'm heading to Malaysia end of September and I plan to go nuts shopping for clothes and makeup :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Never he he
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Colleen I'm sooooo jealous! 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I kinda just had a wee panic attack. What no Korean orders. So did a quick wee small order. Now I'm happy :)
colleencanary
764 posts
Dont be jealous Ong! I plan to bring back some goodies for my lovelies here ;)
niv-nailkeeper
97 posts
Not me. I managed 2 months shopping ban in jun-jul. I hardly got to shop in Aug so I still have lot more to buy from my shopping list :) 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
You wee spoiler Colleen.
ill be looking out for photos. Might even photoshop a picture of me into one hehehehehe 
colleencanary
764 posts
Oh Ong!!! How could I not include you in my spoiling? Of course you'll be included :)
PaigeC
194 posts
It's not the beauty products I'm worried about spending money on this month, it's the jewellery! There's a sale on at pascoes and I've had my eye on quite a few sets of earrings...eek!
Seza95
175 posts
I love buying stuff for others so I wont be cutting that out!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yes i am in! No spending this month... the ideo of it sound so hard!! But i need to do it, have been buying way too much lately! 
Aney37
88 posts
Im out already. Its only the 1st September and iv already been spending $$$ lol
chikoboo
3402 posts
Yep I'm on a Sept/Oct and probably Nov ban when it comes for items for myself (except subscription boxes, but no more Memeboxes as I have enough incoming) But I do have some spending for RAOK, Secret Santa and Christmas (have to get my family ones to UK by the end of November)  but other than that no more spending =)
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I'm definitely doing a no spend september! I failed my no buy august miserably and my bank account is seriously suffering!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Colleen don't you dare! I mean a picture of you out and about I'll put me into it lol
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I'm in. I failed my August no buy (bought an Elizabeth Arden eyeliner and made an ASOS beauty order) so I am determined this time.
1139 posts
Shopping for others so doesn't count when you're on a spending ban! 
melly650
375 posts
No I will not subject myself to that torture!! Lol..... I set a budget for myself so I shop until my budget's out (which happens quite fast because the budget is smallish) I can't do a no shopping month, I love shopping too much....
Wow have never heard of this!! Unfortunatley I am a massive shopping addict (say hello to my NARS sheerglow and Doublewear I got yesterday...and did not need) so I really should do this buuuut September = my birthday month and that means shopping! haha Good luck girls x
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Yep, I have a bunch of stuff to buy for friends and family overseas this month, so that takes priority to stuff for me and saving money.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I've been quite good lately, pat on the back or me. Have a cart at iherb though, but waiting for the eyebrow kit to come in stock
Mila
1209 posts
I think I will try to better this month and so many other things that I should be paying for first.  But I did just order the ELF primer so thats only first day of the month not a good start :)
Mila
1209 posts
I think I will try to better this month and so many other things that I should be paying for first.  But I did just order the ELF primer so thats only first day of the month not a good start :)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
So far so good. Received my Goodiebox today and that was quite neat to open. I also received a free box of tampons so that was awesome. I am really hoping I stick to this ban as I would love to be able to reward myself the wicked lime crime velvetine as I love Salem.
DaileJ
16 posts
Oh man, where have I been????  I hardly every shop!  Living in the country I don't get to the city much and working full time I've had enough of computers at the end of the day so don't do much online shopping at all.  Can anyone recommend some really good sites for make-up, clothing etc? 
chikoboo
3402 posts
DaileJ take a look at this thread that has a lot of discussions on different beauty websites here 
Kellie
570 posts
Weeeellllllll ... Peter Alexander had 20% off the Star Wars pjs.  So I HAD to get the pants I was after.  HAD TO, you understand :)  Other than that I've been very good, only getting a Father's Day gift.   Back to behaving now :)  
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Well I officially gave in and had to buy wicked
Pifithrin
1243 posts
We are over half way now! This is about where I caved last month. How is everyone getting on?
Susilia
484 posts
I'm doing pretty good, everytime I want to buy something online I think about my best friend getting married next year in Hungary. And I will be there, so I can not spend a penny... But it's not bad, got a lot of stuff already...:)

Also, random stuff here: when I was subscribed to lust have it, they included a pink velvetine in one of their fab box, mine went missing, so they sent me another box, now the first box arrived back from south africa (living in Southland NZ), so got an extra pink velvetine. If you've always wanted to try, just couldn't afford it, or whatever, let me know, it's yours. If you already have a lime crime velvetine, don't bee greedy, let someone else have it.;) 

Also jessicaxnz if you read this, I still have your psy gangnam mask, it's still yours, waiting to get sent to you!;)

Kellie
570 posts
I'm doing pretty good I think - I haven't bought myself anything (apart from the Star Wars jimjams).  I've done a whole lot of putting things in the online shopping cart and then closing the browser (with shaking hands and a tear in my eye, lol).   I have had quite a few things to buy for other people though, which has made a dent in the ol credddy card.  But they made them happy and were necessary, so not a bad thing. Can't wait for the Memeboxes I bought last month to arrive in the next week or so - it'll feel like Christmas!
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Susila, I would love the opportunity to try the velvetine - I've been looking for a long-wear non bleeding lippy for aaages now and have been recommended velvetines but just havn't been able to bring myself to purchase one!
Susilia
484 posts
Hi CristieMJ, it's yours.:)
Susilia
484 posts
Hi CristieMJ, it's yours:)
RianaRoera
82 posts
Man I wish I had read this post earlier I should have so done this I may have to do a October Ban ecspecially before xmas
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Thanks Susilia, will message you now :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!