Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sephora Opening in NZ Soon - Anyone Else Excited?

14 posts, 11 members
thirtywinks
60 posts
I remember reading it on the news weeks ago that Sephora is finally opening shop in New Zealand. Not sure how true but it says on the news that they might open sometime this year at Queen Street, and another one at Sylvia Park.

I'm personally really looking forward to this. I can't wait! I love Sephora. It's one of my go to shops whenever I travel to countries that have it, mostly because they carry so many brands that I otherwise would struggle to buy here in NZ. I really hope they're able to bring a lot of these brands/products into NZ. I know that NZ can be strict when it comes to products that are allowed to be sold in the country, but my fingers are crossed. I love Mecca Maxima but it's probably going to tough competition once Sephora opens.

What are you most looking forward to from Sephora? Aside from finally being able to test the products on my skin before buying (vs. buying online), I love brands like Fenty, Zoeva, and FRESH. Sephora also has some nice affordable masks. I just tried their Lavender Foot Mask last night. My feet are still dry (lol) but it was super relaxing and refreshing.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yep I read the same! Super excited.

The things I’m hoping like heck we get are:

- Sephora brand individual eye masks, shower pods etc
- Sephora brand lip oils
- Kat von D
- Sephora points and freebies, birthday gifts etc
- Zoeva palettes and brushes 
- Amika hair 
- full minis bars at the counter 
- Becca highlighter 

I love Sephora as well, esp how you can just go in and play with all the things!

I started my Sephora love with a BR mystery shop back in the days when SuperHero status was a thing and it sparked it all off! 

SmileyPisces
253 posts
I hope i can control myself.. because i think i’m going to shop like crazy hahahaha =D
thirtywinks
60 posts
@trudijoy - Yas Kat Von D! I love their liquid lippie in Lolita II, such a good nude shade! and double yes to Sephora points and freebees. I used up all my points in Sephora Singapore when I went back for a short vacation and I saw the list of freebee products. They've got a really good collection of products to use your points with. I didn't have a lot of points left but I was able to get an SPF primer from Moonshot and a Matcha antioxidant mask from Boscia - both in travel size. I think between getting travel sized products with points and receiving regular one-time use samples, I'd go with the first one.
thirtywinks
60 posts
@SmileyPisces - Same!!! I think they're constructing 3 floors at Queen Street. Well I don't know how big each floor is going to be, but 3 floors are still a lot. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm not too familiar with Sephora but have heard amazing things about them. 

I really love the sound of that Matcha Face Mask.
MareeB
5241 posts
Me neither but I'm getting more interested the more I read on BR!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I am looking forward to it but I’ll probably still visit when I go overseas as well.
Kimrose
1416 posts
Kat Von D,  I am so excited. 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I hope they open in Wellington too!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I hope they open one in Christchurch there's a few foundations and concealers I would like to try but then I need to try the shades on and see how the product wears and I need to get samples of them to try. 
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I'm also super excited! The Sephora website has been amazing (dangerous) but having a physical store to try shades/formulas and get samples will be even better!
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I did a big shop online, and got a number of things, mostly Kat Von D - and for the most, was highly disappointed- high hopes for her products, but not a fan.

the one Sephora product I liked was a foot mask (someone mentioned a Lavender one ), I think I got the lavender, but I got a few of the ones in the green packet, each time I purchased them - gave some away as gifts, my partner even used one. It’s the only product I’d rush to buy from a Sephora.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’ve been a few times to the physical store on Queen now and it’s pretty good. I just get annoyed by all the people standing around and not actually shopping or there with others but literally just in the way 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!