Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

38 posts, 9 members
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Sephora Nz has seriously gotten just a little better!
They now have Tarte and IT cosmetics avaliable.
After recent bad press due to their delivery or lack there of, I hope things pick up again.
I made a small order before my birthday and even though it took awhile to get to me, it did arrive! :)
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't ordered from Sephora yet. I did hear about the problems they've had. Hopefully something on there pops up that I'll like.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i must be missing something with Tarte, haven't been blown away by it at all. But it's good that Sephora are stepping it up again, for sure!

I put in a teeny Sephora order around the same time as you did, Amy.... just a sleeping mask and some shower gel pods, but i got 2x freebies, a lip oil (used my Sephora points to select this one) and a mini KVD lipstick in 'Cathedral'. I also bought a sleeping mask for Mum, so for $44 this worked out to be a pretty good deal!

Mine arrived while I was in Dunedin, but they're not signature required, clearly, because it was in my mailbox when I got home :D It therefore took about 10 days to two weeks, i guess. Not as bad as expected but not great when my iherb one arrived in about 4 AND was delivered on a Sunday
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I haven't ordered from Sephora yet because most of the brands I was interested in are now in stores with The Balm coming to Life Pharmacy and David Jones opening with counters like Benefit.

I'm also planning on going to the states at the end of the year so I'm waiting for then to really experience Sephora.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Itsclearascrystal, definitely try to wait for Sephora in the States then if you are going at the end of the year. Ulta is also great as they carry drugstore as well as high end lines. CVS (drug store) has some great deals and I was lucky enough to go in on a day they were giving away free beauty goodie bags :) I also love Walgreens for drugstore finds but this time I was only in there long enough to buy cold cures haha. My friends in the States were in shock at how little I bought this time but Air NZ no longer have the two bag allowance and I was at the end of of a five week trip so restrained myself.

Trudi, you were lucky ordering from iherb when you did as they have upped their shipping rates again. Will now take a couple of weeks to arrive with the cheaper shipping. Still worth it though as so much cheaper than NZ.  
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm planning on doing an order from Sephora NZ soon. Just saving up a bit for it beforehand. I want to spend enough to get the fast shipping. Does anyone know if you can use your welcome ten dollars off and still get the deluxe samples in the same order?
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Thanks I will keep those names in mind when I go. I went to CVS last time (for cold remedies unfortunately) but apart from the little shopping center by our hotel we didn't have time to shop last time sadly.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I just did one tiny order, a sheet mask to "activate my account". I'm planning on doing several decent sized orders but just checking to see when points are credited to my account and when I've been upgraded to white so I can start moving on to black. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Does anyone know how long it takes after you make your first purchase from Sephora.nz to upgrade from Sephora Pass to  Sephora White Status? The payment for my first order went through. I know it said in the FAQ that the points aren't credited to your account till three days after your order is delivered. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Tannygirl that's right they don't credit your account till a few days after your order has arrived. Which I don't agree with because if you could immediately accumulate your points you can gain the incentives sooner that's why I haven't done huge orders just cos the points system isn't to my liking.
Macs
5351 posts
I agree with you soozie. The Sephora in the states has mean stuff. I would be buying with all those options. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just had a look at how much Mecca are selling the Too Faced palettes for on their NZ website. With the current exchange rate they work out about $5nz more than what I paid at Sephora in the States. I think that's pretty amazing. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Kerri, that's a bummer. I think they should start crediting points as soon as they take payments just like most online shopping sites. You qualify for the pointage once you pay. Of course if someone returns the item or the item never arrives and needs a refund then of course the pointage will get deducted from your account understandibly, however if that many parcels are going missing then they need to change which company they use to mail their orders.
   I do doubt that a significant ammount of people on this side of the world will be returning items for it to be sizable issue of having to deduct points from someone's account. Maybe they're worried all the deluxe sized samples will run out. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Okay I just got upgraded from Beauty Pass to Sephora White today. I put my first order on Tuesday, Jan 31st and I've been keeping an eye on my account and just got upgraded on Saturday the 4th of Feb. So it took about 4-5 days to get upgraded. And my points from my first purchase got added towards becoming a Sephora Black member.
tannygirl
3392 posts
And I just got me $10 off welcome reward to spend on a order of $120 or more today. It is only valid for a month from the day you get the reward.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Okay I'm rather upset at Sephora NZ. Here's the funny thing - I got the e-mails with the $10 welcome reward but when I went through the checkout with over $120 of stuff in my cart hoping at some point I could "select from Loyalty Rewards section at checkout." It let me go throught the entire payment without that option and I did remove and add back the Kat Von D gift promotion to see if it would make a difference so I was looking in the right place. Also the Kat Von D gift with purchase, it was showing in my cart as in stock through the whole checkout process until I paid then it gets listed as "wait list me" on the order confirmation. So I'm not exactly happy with Sephora NZ, as most sites let you use your rewards with your orders and don't require you to spend to activate a reward after they already sent you an e-mail you have a reward. Also all the sites I've bought from before if a GWP is out of stock it shows! They don't make you put the order through to find out, after you've paid enough to be eligible the for gift. 
    So just a heads up for anyone who's recently signed up or is planning on signing up. I would advise you to make your first two orders tiny, so long as there's free shipping with over $1 spent, just spend the minimum or get like a sheet masque or something. Then once you're upgraded to Sephora White and get the $10 off welcome reward showing under the promotions code tab, then you can safely spend big and not get tricked into paying for a large order and not being able to use your welcome reward. The welcome reward requires you to spend over $120 so save your big order for that.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm not sure what you're angry about tannygirl, to be honest. I might be reading it wrong but to me it's fair enough if there are conditions on a 'welcome' voucher because you haven't purchased much yet.

I've not had too many problems with Sephora online other than that they're often sold out of things - can't wait to see what my birthday gift from them looks like!
Macs
5351 posts
Wow Trudi your new profile pic is beautiful. I haven't ordered from sephora yet. Thanks for the heads up tannygirl.
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks Macs - it was my first night out since i cut my hair off and i'm still trying to get used to it! :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
 Your profile pic does look really good Trudi.

I'm not upset at them for being sold out on the gwp or the conditions with the welcome reward voucher, I expect that things do sell out and I expect that there are conditions if you want to redeem your welcome reward voucher. What I was disappointed about is the gwp showing up as in stock until after I have paid for the order and then showing up as unavailable and not being able to use the welcome reward even though, I got the e-mail saying it was available and spending over $120 so I did meet the conditions but wasn't allowed to use it even though I received the e-mail saying it was available. 

I've shopped online with other sites and if a gwp isn't available it doesn't show up in your cart and certainly doesn't wait till after you've paid to inform you it's out of stock, so that's my gripe there. If you get a reward voucher you generally can use them straight away if you meet the conditions which I did, so that's why I was disappointed. Because if I had known they were going to do that with the welcome reward I would've spent less since I couldn't use the the reward on that order, even though they didn't make that evident at the time. 

I do hope you get an awesome birthday gift from them. Would love to see what you got. :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
that makes more sense.  I didn't actually get the free sample i chose from them last time but they sent me a mini KVD lipstick instead so i was happy.   I think if it's a free sample it doesn't worry me but if it's the gift you use your points for that would annoy me.

The birthday gift is meant to be curated but i'm not sure if it's in general or based on your purchase history, it'll be interesting!  I'm a black member, because Sephora points count globally, which is nice.

Thanks re the pic!  it's been such a big change to get used to
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sephora b'day pic is on the wall, it's a super cute little duo blush <3
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Happy birthday Trudi! Looks like you are having a great day!
tannygirl
3392 posts
That's so cute. I hope you have a fantastic birthday Trudi.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thankyou x
tannygirl
3392 posts
   So my order arrived this morning before the site even had a chance to change the status from "processing" to "shipped" and before the order I made on the 31st of Jan has reached me. I was pleasantly surprised to find the KVD mini lippy and eyeliner, which was the GWP was in my order for spending over $78 on KVD products. I'm guessing the "waitlist me" which showed up on my online confirmation in My Account was reflective of the fullsized KVD Trooper eyeliner which was out of stock, since minis are linked to the fullsized product online in case you go over your orders and like the product there's the link to take you in case you want to purchase the full-size. 
    So everything I ordered arrived no problem, so I'm overall pretty happy with my order. Not sure what customer service is going to propose about me not being able to use my $10 welcome reward but they did get back to me yesterday to ask for my order number. But I just wanted to let everyone who read my previous posts know that I had a misunderstanding, about the GWP if it's "waitlisted" it could be that the full-sized one is out of stock but you might still get your minis, since I did go on a bit of a rant earlier about stuff showing in stock until you pay for it. 
    My haul is up on the photo wall if you're curious about what I ordered. :-)
Macs
5351 posts
You made some good choices. Would love to see you wearing your new make up :D
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Glad that it got sorted and I can understand the feelings you were going thru at the time & I hope more good things come from the order for you x
tannygirl
3392 posts
So the first order that I placed with Sephora, the one sheet mask to get bumped from Beauty Pass Status to White Status arrived today. It was placed on the 31st of January, shipped on the 2nd of February with the expected delivery date on the 9th of February. So I did get a bit worried when it didn't show up last week, however it did get delivered today, 7 days later. So I'm guessing the standard shipping is two weeks from the date shipped, so all in all it took 17 days from the order arriving. Now, to hope the rest of my mail with other sites arrives soon.
Macs
5351 posts
That gives me a good idea roughly how long it would take to get to me if I ordered from there. Oo can't wait to see your other hauls Tanny girl. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I think I ordered roughly the 3rd of January and got it the 18th. I must admit with all the talk of missing packages I worried a little but was happy it arrived! :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
it varies wildly, my Jan Sephora order took a couple of weeks but my birthday one was only a few days
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I think if you qualify for premium shipping you receive it in a few days. My second order was over $120 and that qualified for premium, I don't know what's the temporary minimum you have to spend to get premium shipping atm. I'm guessing once they start charging postage for orders under $55 then the minium will probably go up to $150 minium spend.
MissQT
1547 posts
I order mine on the 4th of feb and it came on the 14th. So about 6 working days which is not bad.
siouxsannah
261 posts
It is my birthday in February too, so I got a $10 voucher from Sephora. I am only Sephora White, so there was no gift. I bought the Zoeva cool neutrals palette, which is great for a cool-toned person like me. I bought a Kat von D lipstick in Adora (gold metallic shade!). They were doing free shipping so I got free premium shipping - came within 3 days! My free sample was an app only bonus - a Sephora face mask. They give you Sephora points for downloading the app too.
The weird part was that right after I placed my order they sent me an email apologising for trouble I had had in the past with my orders (I actually hadn't had any problems) and they explained that their warehouse had moved from Singapore to Australia, so they can ship faster now.
Then they gave me a 25% off discount code! Did anyone else get an email from Sephora like that?
tannygirl
3392 posts
No, actually they have been really stalling with e-mails and issues regarding me not being able to use my $10 welcome reward and it's about to expire next week so I bought my first Sigma face brushes just to use it up. I spent over $120 so I shouldn't have issues with this order and since it qualifies for premium shipping. Because honestly I don't think they intend to get back to me in time. But I'm glad they went above and beyond for you as discounts are always nice. :-) Maybe they are overexcited about people using their new app. 
MissQT
1547 posts
do Sephora points expire?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Just out of interest has the point of dispatch changed from Singapore to Australia?Reason being my notifiction of delivery has an origin, of dispatch being NSW Australia with a reference on Google maps & another map type thing. Showing each point of transit.The purchase prior origin of dispatch was Singapore.

with regards to points expiring. This may help you. It seems my link only take's you to the site. However in short yes points do expire. On your 52 week anniversary if you haven't already repurchased to keep them

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!