Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Secret Santa BR edition!

63 posts, 51 members
kirstysays
762 posts
I reckon we should totally do a BR secret santa this Xmas (I know why are I thinking about christmas already?!).  I did the one on twitter last year and that was okay but some people didn't really get into it.  I would love to do it with all you lovely girls!  Who would be keen for something like that? 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Oh man, I LOVE this idea!!!!!!!!! I would be 110% keen!
chikoboo
3402 posts
That sounds awesome I used to love doing Secret Santa back in the UK not so many people up for it at the places I have or do work at.  Humbugs!!!  So I'd be keen to see how this works and roll on Christmas =)
nemesisroxx
506 posts
What an awesome idea! I'd be super keen x
jenni_bird
37 posts
Love secret santas, definitely keen :)
Lutece
1849 posts
I absolutely love this idea!
katypatatie
142 posts
*throws hands through roof* MEEEE!!!!!
skingeek
537 posts
I'm keen! That's a cool idea
Cat
474 posts
What a cool idea!!
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I'd be keen as, but it'd be a huge job though :/
Hollie
320 posts
I'd be keen, depending how it could all work? I've been a part of a lot of secret santa's in work places etc in the past, but I bet the BR one would be the best lol
kirstysays
762 posts
It depends how many people are keen I guess...Only a few of us chat on the forum regularly, so there wouldn't be toooo many people in it? but yeah I think we could work it out! :D  It wouldn't be too hard to randomly match people up and send out the randomly choosen secret santa's address to the present buyer.  Everyone would have to be fine with sending me their address though (don't worry I'm not a creeper lol). And of course we would establish some general rules like spending limits and when to send etc.
courtspace
84 posts
Hell yes! It would be awesome! It would be a big job but we could have some people in charge of it. Would really only need a spreadsheet with names and addresses, then random selection. And then send out the emails...okay maybe bigger than I first thought!
Hollie
320 posts
Heh, Kirsty, i'm sure you're not a creeper :) BR already have our addresses anyway......maybe they'd be keen to get into the spirit, and we could also secret santa them (since they've earned it)?
kirstysays
762 posts
Hollie - That is true...we have the address of BR on the back of the trial items we get sent so someone could be allocated BR as there secret santa recipient or we could all do a secret santa for a BR member and a BR staff member!  They would probably have their hands full with vault craziness as there is a Vault around that time isn't there? We wouldn't want to put more pressure on them.  I would be perfectly happy to do it it wouldn't be too much hassel I don't think :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
I would be up for helping, might be a way of handling it in areas, for instance 4-5 heroes or experts take the santa role and have a area they look after.  Spreads the cost of courier service too, if people in this area send to me and I resend in the same area be lower than say a north islander sending to the south. 
kirstysays
762 posts
I was thinking we could cut out the santa role and just send the address of the randomly chosen recipient to each person taking part.  That way it's way less hassel and each individual is "santa" for one person and pays postage for their gift :)  I'd feel perfectly safe sending my address to any of the people who have indicated they are keen :) 
courtspace
84 posts
I would be happy to help out too. I absolutely LOVE secret santa. I remember being 17 and had a summer job at the local council. I ended up getting the big head boss (not that I knew who it was at the time) and I brought him pink stockings. Luckily he thought it was hilarious but could have gone so wrong!!
courtspace
84 posts
Oops - accidently posted the same comment twice so adding this as a way to make me look like less of an idiot...
Lexxie
98 posts
Great idea, Id love to be involved. I agree, I think you just get sent the address of the person you are giving to.. makes it all a lot less hassle :)
kstah21
127 posts
Yup totally absolutely keen. I do SS with some twinnie mummy's and it's fantastic! Have been doing it for 3 years. And getting something from someone you have never personally met is priceless. I'd be keen to help out if need be too. Xx
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I'd feel safe giving out my addy as well :)
Susilia
484 posts
Count me in, ladies!!!:) I just would like to know basic stuff of the person I buy the pressie for, don't want to send things they wouldn't enjoy!:)
Jesse
745 posts
I am so so keen! I LOVE Christmas and suprises :)
brushandbullet
395 posts
Aww man now I'm sad I won't be in the country!
lana-la
67 posts
Ohhhh I'm keen to do that for sure. I love secret santa
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I'm keen!
Chaotic82
522 posts
Sounds fun!! :)  I did it on a forum I was on once and we also had secret Santas not so secret hints where you could put if you had allergies or something you really didn't like and suggestions like "love purple and sparkles" 
kirstysays
762 posts
@Susilia - A lot of us have instagram (which there are a couple of threads on with most of our user names) and twitter, so you could follow your secret santa recipient on those platforms as well as observing what they say on the forum and what is in their BR description in about me to find out what sort of things they are into.  I think a BR secret santa willbe better than previous ones I have been in as at least we all have a common interest...BEAUTY and have hundreds of reviews of the types of products we buy and like/dislike, so if in doubt you can't really go wrong with that haha. 
kirstysays
762 posts
Good idea Chaotic82 - for the secret santa we could make sure we added any strong dislikes. likes or allegies to our BR about me descriptions (which we could remove later if you didn't want it there), they have to be made public though so yuor secret santa could see as a lot of peoples names are unclickable as they are set to private mode :)
Susilia
484 posts
I don't have twitter or instagram (I know I feel like a caveman), but how about we update our profile "about me" section for the secret santa as you said, so we could just read the likes and dislikes of the person there?:) And also just to check out the reviews they have to get a general idea, however people who'd like to do secret santa should make their profile public, so we can see their profile.:)

p.s. haha kristysays, you suggested everything I did, I should read all the comments before writing anythig...:) Sorry! Just got excited, I love secret santa, haven't done it for ages!!!:D
Mila
1209 posts
I love secret santa's !! I would be keen....

even though I feel a little sick that we're talkin about Xmas already :)
angehill
93 posts
YES!!!!! I'm 100% in!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
That would be totally cool.  Definitely sounds like an awesome idea. I'm in :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Sounds like a great idea.
kayxcake
422 posts
That's a great idea! Would love to play Secret Santa with BR fam! 
RachLouise
218 posts
Awesome idea! I'm keen :)
Manda129
419 posts
Fantastic idea! Im keen, Love Secret Santa :)
g1ggles2
358 posts
I am SO keen to do this.

My husband belongs to a forum style website & they have been doingthe Secret Santa thing for a few years now & it seems to work really really well

SandyGedge
394 posts
in the voice of Ned from the simpsons....fantandiddlyastic  hahah  my family have been doing SS for around 10 years now and I love it  :)  xx
isemonger
224 posts
I love this idea!! Sign me up and call me santa ;)Such a neat idea x
new2me
49 posts
awesome idea, love secret santas and with like minded people would be great fun

Kaiarahi
160 posts
I'm in! I love SS!
LouV
55 posts
This sounds awesome! I've done secret santa on Reddit before, and it was great. At least everyone on this site is in NZ (presumably) which would cut down on shipping cost. 
I like the idea to have a likes/dislikes/allergies box to fill in. 
kirstysays
762 posts
Hhahaha @SandyGedge - I actually read that in his voice without even thinking, made me giggle :D
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Totally keen, sounds like heaps of fun!
xjayloux
900 posts
Such a cool idea <3
Rezee
1964 posts
Sounds like a great idea, especially if there was a thread where everyone gave little hints of what they like.
Paulam
53 posts
Love this idea! I've done Secret Santa on twitter for 3 years, the 2nd year I didn't get mine but if you go into it with the giving spirit rather than the receiving spirit, with a set $$ limit, I think its a cool thing to do. Very involved for the person organising it though ... co-incidently, one of my twitter secret pressies was to a really cool chick I see on here all the time! :)
Such an awesome idea!  You are not the only one thinking about Xmas btw ;)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!