Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

25 posts, 19 members
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hi Ladies

Feedback please

When you search for a review be it to read or write what is the most common way you do it?
1. Click the Find Reviews Tab
2. Search it via the search function
3. Look it up in the Brand Directory
4. Click on the category tab e. g Skincare/cosmetics/hair care/fragrance/personal care

Or some other way? 

Thanks!!

Qx
Imoshen
461 posts
For me it is:

[color=#291b29]3. Look it up in the Brand Directory[/color]
trudijoy
8375 posts
brand directory then search for the product type, usually I look for a specific product that i've narrowed down choice that or another option to already.
shazatron101
5112 posts
depends on my mood/information i currently have - if i know the brand i'll go through the brand directory. if i know the name but not the brand i use the search bar. and if i'm looking for a general item i will go to the specific area (cosmetics - eyes - mascara) and have a nosy there. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I type it in using the search function, that is the easiest way I find :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Usually I'll go through the brand directory as I've often already decided which brand I'm interested in. The general search ones just being up too many products that I'm probably not going to be interested in. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Brand directory is the quickest way for me to find stuff. I know what I want to review so I'll look it up that way.
MareeB
5244 posts
I always type in the search box to find things. If something doesn't come up, then I go the brand directory.
Kimrose
1419 posts
I always use Brand Directory. I usually find what I am looking for as well as other things.
Helibabi
101 posts
search box for me and if that fails I got to the brand directory. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
For me, it’s always the Brand Directory.  If that fails, I’ll use the search box next.  I don’t use the sub-categories to the right of the Brand Directory (skin care/cosmetics/hair care/ fragrance/personal care) as it takes me much longer to find the product I’m looking for.
MissDilly
229 posts
I type in the search box, pretty much always. If I don't get what I'm looking for I look in the brand directory.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   A little off topic but I noticed that the number of products added to the database has gone up. But when I click on the recently added button I can't see the products that were responsible for making the database go from 8,295 to 8,316. Don't know if it's a slight glitch that's not showing those recent additions.
BR-Queenie
261 posts
@Tannygirl

Theres quite a bit of work going on behind the scenes currently as we prepare to launch some exciting new developments. 

I would encourage everyone not to get too tied up with any small annomalies you may see as it is all feeding into some really cool stuff.

As always if you have any questions feel free to email the crew at [email protected].

Love Qx
tabucutie
1811 posts
I use the Brand Directory I find it is the easiest to search exactly what I want. I did try the search bar a couple of times and found it difficult so rarely ever use it now.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I used the search bar for a product and brand directory for a brand or if the search bar fails.
MareeB
5244 posts
I can't wait to see the changes :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Cool, looking forward to the exciting new developments.
siouxsannah
261 posts
I look in the Brand Directory first. If the brand is there, then I scroll through the products until I find the one that I am after. I have used the search function, but it is really only useful if you know exactly what you are looking for. 
Sophia
203 posts
Hello, I'll do a quick search and then click on Reviews tab, see if it's there.  I don't have much luck with that usually so I end up going into the brand and paging through.  It would be good if you could filter the brands to eyes/lips/skin etc. 
I see now that a lot of stuff has been marked as Discontinued.  I find that helpful as it suggests if I see it out there, it's not going to be around for long, however it would be good to be able to filter those out too, and then only look for products that might be around for a bit longer.
KiwiLass
174 posts
I always just enter the name of the product on the search tab and then go to 'reviews' when it's done. I use the site a lot for that prupose.
Sophia
203 posts
Since replying earlier I thought I should have a better click around and see how else to use the site.....
Something I had neglected to notice previously was the titles next to Brand Directory, and how they have sub headings of the types of product. I'll probably use this more often than the regular Search box now as this way lets you see comparable products, which is interesting when doing research before buying.
Julieal
915 posts
Brand directory first and then if not sure of brand product
Julieal
915 posts
Brand directory first and then if not sure of brand product
Skibunny
7 posts
I use the search function first.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!