Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Save or Splurge

57 posts, 28 members
kirstyj
1732 posts
Is anyone else super excited for the save or splurge being revealed this week! AND I read on facebook that it is scheduled to be fortnightly!

So I saw on facebook they were looking for suggestions but I thought we might be able to discuss some good ones here too :)

I saw Farmers-Wife suggest makeup brushes which I thought was cool... but what about BeautyBlenders too. I have just bought one from Bossy Cosmetics but I would love to know what people thought about the real deal in comparison.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I really like seeing these kinds of things to do with foundations. I feel like foundations are a good thing to splurge on but if I can find one that's a little less pricey I am THRILLED. I'm so reluctant to buy foundations in case they don't work on my skin type.
kirstyj
1732 posts
True! So hard to even get the right shade let alone the right formulation of foundation as well.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yes i am super excited for this segement! Beauty blenders would be a great one, aswell as foundation! Like i said on the BR facebook, i honestly would be interested no matter what it was! Maybe even appliances like hair dryers because thats something that has crosses my mind more than a few times 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I floated the idea of hair masks and would LOVE to do that trial!
pintsize
1072 posts
I love the concept... and seeing the results (with out blowing personal budgets to find out oneself).

I can't wait to see what in the line up :)
Macs
5351 posts
Oh I cant wait to hear about that Bossy Blender Kirsty. I splurge on Perfumes, but I think it should be foundation.
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Yeeeeesss I can't wait! This used to be my fav segment by far, excited to see what they've got lined up this time :) 
Jesse
745 posts
very excited about the return of this, such an awesome idea!!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Hair masks would be awesome. Especially since im on the hunt to find a great one! 
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh yes, I'd love to get in on hair masks too!! and some heavy duty night creams also...
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I'm excited I can't wait :)
I like to splurge but if I don't need to all the better  x
He he yes let's try everything 
Lisa-
79 posts
Can't wait for this, it's such a cool idea!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yes that's awesome!! Wondered where it vanished to. Will be watching that space
jalb88
121 posts
This sounds so exciting! How does it all work?! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Here is one on cleansers :)

(sorry I can't do a linky thing I access BR on an ipad and it doesn't work)

http://www.beautyreview.co.nz/article/save-or-splurge-cleansers?r=articles/all/29
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo thanks Kirsty! I had wondered how it all worked. I suggested eye creams and eyelash curlers coz that's what I need advice on atm, haha.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Eye creams is a really good one I think! I'm yet to meet a high end one that does anything different to a cheap one.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm loving my ZA eyelash curler, just throwing that out there :P
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Same here, Kirsty! I wish I was a chemist so I could figure this stuff out for myself lol.

Thanks TMUA, I don't think I've seen them at my local Farmers! Will have to do some digging me thinks.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Used to love this segment and was lucky to do the eye makeup remover team when it first came out.   There is a whole list of save v splurge items that can be covered
pumau
121 posts
Yes I love these little segments. I always google a product i want and look for a cheaper dupe of it.
Maybe trialing an expensive rosehip oil versus a cheaper one?
Pifithrin
1243 posts
kirstyj beauty sponges is a great idea! I like the idea of cream eyeshadows or liquid lipsticks in a save or splurge
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I was thinking organic serums. That could be interesting :)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
What about a comparison of home made masks and bought masks both low and higher priced?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I like the idea of foundations or serums. Stuff that I would naturally splurge on. Another good one would be eye creams or serums or even lash serums.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Is it bad that I'm desperately hoping I get chosen for this Save or Splurge? It'd honestly be such a big help to me and also feel like a total luxury. 
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
@TraineeMUA it is not bad at all! I was lucky enough to be chosen for the mascara addition of save or splurge - I think it was BR's first one. It was awesome to have the opportunity to try a low cost Miki mascara and compare it with a $60+ Lancome. I am excited to see who will be on the next Save or Spluge team!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I always feel guilty when I hope to be chosen for things but there are only a few trials that I get THIS excited about v.v I remember getting chosen for the LED mirror trial but missing out because I had gone out for the evening and all of the spots were full by the time I got home. I was heartbroken lol
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
Oh no! That is the worst!! I was chosen for a Dolce and Gabbana fragrance trial a couple of years ago and I was at my grandparents who don't have internet. AHHH so I tried to accept the trial on my phone and the connection was lost and I missed out. Honestly tears were shed that night. I was so upset!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I cried and my parents thought I was insane... but seriouly that mirror would have been such a miracle for me and obviously unlike the regular make up products it would have lasted years and years :'c 
itskaz_xo
199 posts
I'm very excited for this round of save or splurge. I would absolutely love to be selected for this one as oil cleansing has completely taken over my makeup removal process. So even if I don't make it this time round, I will definitely be following the reviews for it :) xx
Jesse
745 posts
I've already reviewed the ZA oil so that counts me out, but I'll definately be following this!
itskaz_xo
199 posts
Aw no so have I :( That counts me out too then. But I'm still looking forward to reading the reviews :) Definitely following this one x
tabykitten
186 posts
I love the save or splurge features - it's really neat to hear how the brands stack up. I'm super interested in this one because I've been really impressed with all the ZA products I've tried, I'm keen to hear how they stack up against Clairns. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Congratulations to the ladies who got this!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
YES!!!! I got the last place!!!! Soooooooo excited! Didn't even see the invite, just saw TraineeMUA's post and thought I'd better check my inbox. I really wanted this one!
Danni
324 posts
I was trying to get a photo to upload at the time so was on my phone and saw it pop up! I got to it before the email came through, lucky I was on the laptop at the time or I probably would have missed it, I know how many people wanted to be on this trial
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Way to go you guys
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm glad I was too lazy to cook dinner tonight after the disappointment of my brand new juicer having the most important part missing lol. If I'd been chopping vegetables I would have completely missed this. 
Danni
324 posts
How do they miss packing an important part of a juicer?! Oh dear hahah
trudijoy
8375 posts
Woohoo three lovely ladies got picked!Can't even be disappointed that it's not me when great people are getting the chance :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Awww, thanks Trudi! Perfect timing as well, as I'll actually have time to write reviews over the holidays. 

Danni, I know right? It's the part that actually turns the fruit and vege into juice! Might as well not put a motor in it, lol. Briscoes were surprised too but were closing when I rang them so have to wait for tomorrow to pick up the missing parts. Looks like I'm sticking to 'grape juice' tonight hahahahaha. 
Danni
324 posts
What?! How annoying! At least you'll be able to sort it out tomorrow..I don't even understand how that happens hahah
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
No Briscoes can't understand how it happened either. I thought I was going mad when I couldn't find it. And this is to replace the juicer that exploded on me on Monday!
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I have always loved the follow up articles for these trials. I can't wait to see the results
kirstyj
1732 posts
So excited for the lucky ladies who got on this trial! I'm sure they will do an awesome job. I think those sorts of articles are what I love about BR. The unbiased information from real NZ women. How exciting!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh and I really want to try some more Clarins products because they have great GWP packages so I'm hoping it is good so I can have an excuse to pick one up :P
trudijoy
8375 posts
The ZA oil or the Bossy oil cleanser will be my first purchase one I'm back in NZ I think.  Not sure which though - anyone tried both and have strong opinions either way?  My skin is oily by nature and used to be breakout prone but has settled down a lot recently
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oooh Kirsty, I feel like I have a great responsibility now! I love high end but also love a bargain so really excited to have been chosen for Save or Splurge.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!