Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

reviews - is this meant to happen?

36 posts, 14 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Just placed a trial review and it went through fine the first time, but as the wee box is hard to edit in i missed a couple of typos. I edited them and despite the fact that the review was there initially it vanished when I edited it.

Hopefully it's still there!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
If you edit any review after you've submitted it, it will then go to moderation. Best to email the crew about this as I think they go to the back of the queue or get lost amongst other one s somehow. This happened to me when I edited some before.  
trudijoy
8375 posts
ahhh..... i still have the points so it must be there SOMEWHERE

ETA but yeah good point soozie, have emailed and also suggested they add a preview function to the review portal
trudijoy
8375 posts
Everyone’s reviews for these seem to have vanished, as has the product from the database....?? Huh? Reviews all due today too; this is odd
shazatron101
5112 posts
I thought the same, they gone byebyes
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap, even when I found find them in the search bar, it redirected me to the home page. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
so strange. I knew you'd done yours, Shaz, because I read it once I had posted mine, but there are none there now!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I thought that maybe this was a new feature ... that trial team reviews will only be visible once the deadline is reached, to prevent any “lazy” trial team members from abusing the system by copying and pasting bits from other members reviews, instead of having to actually write their own honest review.  

If so, I think it’s great that the trial product reviews are held back and only released after the deadline, as I did have a issue in the past with someone (who is no longer a BR member) copying and pasting bits of other people’s reviews in order to make up her “own” review, instead of actually trialling the products she was sent. So sad when people are in it just for freebies. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
silvene - I wrote my review on Tuesday and until I'd submitted it I couldn't see the others, then I could see Shaz' (the only other one there at that stage) even after i sent mine back for editing, and could see them again later in the week, but they're all gone now regardless of if you've done your review.

I agree it's a great idea to avoid lazy reviewing (that wasn't why I was looking for them though) but seems wholly bizarre that they're not visible to those who HAVE reviewed them!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
The same thing happened with the hair care trial I just did. I agree Silvene! I also find it odd when a review has been written and my trial item hasn't even arrived yet. Surely it takes more than 1 day before you can review an item.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lisa I 100% agree and am often scratching my head as to how these people have PROPERLY trialled something.

I was super time poor when my last one arrived and I had to go away for the rest of the week so I ran four seperate tests on it THAT DAY to be able to write my trial. That's not always going to be possible though and a day-after review is not my usual style!

I think the review i did write is very comprehensive and wouldn't have changed with more time, but i'd have liked more time none the less.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've noticed the number of products got smaller this arvo too, only by a couple of items but super confusing.
shazatron101
5112 posts
As long as i dont have to write it again i dont care where it went hahahaha. Though i will if i have to :-D
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I submitted my review on Friday night on the Manuka Infused wipes and it disappeared. Can't find the product under the listing and today's the deadline. The notice has disappeared from my inbox though.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Something strange is definitely going on. I just had the (non-trial) review I wrote today approved by a moderator. When I looked on my beauty space to see if my trial review was there, I noticed a review I wrote last month has disappeared (although the product is still on the database). 

Im just assuming it's to do with the exciting new changes that are happening in the background. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah four I wrote this arvo are there but still not the trial one. Where’s an explanatory pixie, lady or queen when I’m confused? :p
Helibabi
101 posts
Ahhhhhh ok cool I'm glad I'm not the only one who edited a review and had it disappear thought it must still be waiting approval or something but wasn't too sure. When they said they were working away behind the scenes making some changes I thought it might be related to that. Oh well I'm trying to get my grammar perfecto in the mean time so I don't have to edit. 
Head Pixie
569 posts
Morning all!

Right... so... as per Queenie's note the other day, we are working on a number of exciting new developments (like, seriously exciting) so things may appear slightly different for a while. If you see something out of the ordinary then that'll be why. There's a method in the madness, but we can't reveal the method... yet.

If you've written a review on a trial product and submitted it the usual way then it's captured in the system and definitely there. Again, method, madness, can't say much... yet.

Ooooh, don't you love a bit of intrigue on a Monday!?

xx Pix
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Thank you Head Pixie. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Welcome back pixie!!!! :-D
Macs
5351 posts
Yes I did . Wonder what it is ..
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha methods,,madness, and a Monday that involved me delivering a trophy.

is it wine o'clock yet? :p
SandyGedge
394 posts
Ooh that sounds exciting and intriguing Head Pixie ;-)
Imoshen
461 posts
Trudi - it is ALWAYS wine o'clock (at least somewhere in the world, may as well celebrate it with them)  ;)
trudijoy
8375 posts
possibly not before 9am on a workday lol.

But yeah my nana always used to say 'it's 4.30 somewhere!' (she was a big fan of a the 'half past foursies')
trudijoy
8375 posts
they're baaaaaaaack.

and i found a couple of typos in mine but don't want to fix them and have it vanish again lol
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Yes! My review on the wipes is back and in the order that I submitted reviews.
shazatron101
5112 posts
so i know changes going on yada yada yada, but i see heaps of "new" l'oreal products are being added, but i know i've reviewed some of them, like the black and purple shampoo set and my reviews are still there...
what is going on!!!! is this the upside down!?
i would review them again but i can't even remember what i thought of them the first time round so it'd be a waste of time really but i am hella confused!
Julieal
915 posts
I like the fact that you updatre the system reqularly and I have noticed my review doesn't show until after audited which seems sensible.
First Lady
957 posts
All will be revealed my precious.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I read that in a Gollum voice lol

Gorgeous SHAZ and NAT: you don’t resemble Gollum. I’m just in a random mood
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mon chou-fleur!!!
I assumed it was all to do with the new thangs but yknow. Curiosity and all that
trudijoy
8375 posts
Chou-fleur!!!! J’adore that phrasing lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Wheeeeeen is the reevveeaaaallll tell us whats going ooooonnnnn
trudijoy
8375 posts
^^ +1
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he I noticed this too but as long as I've written my review within the deadline, I don't worry about it too much.

Sounds super exciting Head Pixie (by the way your profile picture is gorgeous xx).

Can't wait to see what you have in store eek x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!