Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Red Burlesque Article

41 posts, 21 members
jalb88
121 posts
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but has anyone else noticed that a new member has come along and posted replies on everyones comments on the Red Burlesque interview article? Not sure if the BR admin team has noticed this- so thought I'd ask? Totally understand if this is against the forum rules and needs to be removed though!!! xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm pretty sure that's just the owner(s) of the company enjoying everyones reveiws :-)
Rezee
1964 posts
Yes, I messaged br earlier about this as I thought it was a bit off. 
jalb88
121 posts
Good idea on the messaging! Just not sure what to believe!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Brands are allowed to be members on BR as long as they are very clear about where they are from and not advertising etc (I think) ... I kinda think it is cool that they can interact. As long as it is positive that is :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Yeah, this is so not the appropriate place to air out their dramas! I'm sure br will get onto it soon.
Rezee
1964 posts
Kirsty, it's not positive interaction at all, otherwise I'd totally agree with you.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Where is this article!? I thought you were referring to the reviews on their lipsticks :-)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Wow I see what you mean! Seems like it isn't someone from the brand... maybe someone burned by the brand. Here is the article.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Lol yeah I got a reply to my comment too, saw how many others she had replied to and assumed multiple people had already emailed BR at that point. I agree this definitely is not the forum for it, Rezee!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thanks Kirsty. I saw them too, I'm a bit like.. wow! Hahahaha who even does that
trudijoy
8375 posts
Had to track it down ... wow talk about having an axe to grind. Whether or not its true is irrelevant... its not okay to be making BR reviewers feel awkward about posting comments or to just be telling one side of this (clearly complicated) story. Good on the guy for not fighting back on here... i kinda have less respect for the two ((?)) Women now :/
MareeB
5241 posts
Wow! thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't seen it. No, totally NOT cool.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I also noticed this earlier having two replies on my comment on the article and notified BR. Was a little unsure what else to do.
SandyGedge
394 posts
I loved the interaction with the company when ot commented on my review but for two people to comment on just about everyone's opinions under that article is ridiculous to say the least!
MareeB
5241 posts
Yep, grandstanding on some obscure point. Annoying.
MareeB
5241 posts
Perhaps the author is his ex-partner or one of he rmates out to get revenge.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yeah I emailed br this afternoon after another member was trying it it wouldn't let her. I reckon it's the same person myself. Could be wrong of course
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Wow, really interesting reading through the comments! Totally agree that BR is not the place to air dirty laundry. I'm not sure what BR can do about it because they like to let everyone have their opinions. It's a tricky one 
How rude!  I got a comment on my comment so had to say my piece back.  I don't like being made to feel belittled about my opinion.  I didn't mention any names or gender just I love that the person wants to help find the right shade for people and I got a snarky remark back.  I don't know the story either but I think it should be wrong for those two to do that to members.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I agree farmers wife. I think both are the Jac lady
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shana i'd have felt/done the same x
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Blocking them wouldn't achieve anything either as it looks like they only joined to grumble!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think it's just going to bring a whooole truck load of drama and harassment to the members (which has already started in a way). Surprised they haven't tried commenting on the reviews actually
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh well, a couple of bad apples won't spoil our whole bunch will they  :)
Ringy
825 posts
I think it's a little funny- I mean back before the Internet was so big we just flour bombed mean ex's cars, or drove around following them or staking out their houses! Whoever it is has a bee in their bonnet and needs to vent ... In the heat of the moment when you type first and think later...it can get messy
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh Ringy, that's so funny. I remember the flour-bombed cars hahaha you'd get arrested for that nowadays!
jalb88
121 posts
Hope I haven't sparked too much gossip- was just so confused when I saw it all pop up! 

Macs
5351 posts
Well that was interesting. Never seen that before.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I was a little bit stunned. If this woman really did have this idea first then that is really unfortunate for her. But do an article/interview exposing them, not just replying to people's comments who have no idea and making them feel belittled.

I don't mind if BR don't do anything about it, because I guess it classifies as freedom of speech. I'm just stunned that someone would pick on the commenters and spend that much time posting the same thing.
MissQT
1547 posts
Good on you for commenting back Shana! Venting and commenting on almost every members comments is unprofessional and not the appropriate place to do this. If it really was her idea in the first place she should get a lawyer and follow the proper legal process rather than publically displaying her opinions on here.
First Lady
957 posts
Hello everyone,

WELL, it all happens when Head Pixie jets off and I don't check in for a few hours!

We've unpublished the RED Burlesque article for now and have disabled the associated accounts - these were clearly not set up in accordance with our T&Cs;, nor were they abiding by them.  (We do not allow unsubstantiated claims / slander on the site).

Thanks to everyone that emailed to let us know what was happening - you rock!

Crikey...are we sure it's Friday night?  Feels like a Monday morning!

Have a fab weekend everyone,

Much love, Nat xxxx

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Thanks Nat, you have a lovely weekend too. Not a nice thing for you to have to deal with on a Friday night.
pintsize
1072 posts
Glad it is sorted/being sorted out as it wasn't pleasant to read the comments & I think technology (or something/someone) doesn't like me .

Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend xx
MissQT
1547 posts
good to know that the BR crew are on to it, and hope you are able to sort it out. Thanks Nat.
mallomiss
569 posts
Phew!! So please that got taken down & the accounts removed... she or they were so narky!! So not what this site is about! 
Thanks BR!! Thanks Nat!!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I found it quite dramatic and aggressive at first I thought it was admin approved but since seeing this thread no its not and when I read that member had gone to comment on everyone's post I felt quite thrown back that it was had happened all the replies
Adcoutts
1 posts
Thank you for the support everyone. All we'll say is there are always two sides to every story. BR is a place of love, not war so we won't be engage in responding to fairy tales in the BR forums ;) xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
Red Burlesque I hope her story isn't true but.... time and place.
jalb88
121 posts
glad everything is sorted :) we dont need no drama :) 
Macs
5351 posts
Never seen negativity to a brand before. So glad its been cleared up.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!