Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Re-reading your reviews

21 posts, 12 members
Eek!  I've just reread a review I wrote when I was super tired and there are SO MANY mistakes!  Usually I'm really good about proof-reading what I write, but my last one barely made sense!  

Am I the only one who has experienced this problem, or have others looked back on old reviews and wondered what they were on about?
Helibabi
101 posts
Yes indeedy. Also autocorrect gets me good sometimes too ugh! Also sometimes I think does what I've written come across how I want it too. Hope they don't think I'm an idiot haha. 
Haha Helibabi, good to hear I'm not alone in this!  Also I hadn't thought about being misunderstood.  I should probably go back and check more of my older reviews!
Julieal
915 posts
I have done that too -Sometimes I have even proof read it and saved it and then seen spelling mistakes -So Bad !!!
tabucutie
1811 posts
I recently got some 2015 reviews approved. I think they were a couple of the first ones I had written on the site. No spelling mistakes in them but just not long enough. They don't meet my current review standards. I am glad I have improved since then.
Must be interesting to see how reviewers style changes. It makes a big difference if you're on a mobile device or your computer, too, I think.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I have noticed my reviews getting a bit more structured, and focusing less on the packaging and more on the product itself.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I do this sometimes and I'm usually pretty happy with what I wrote in the past - I did go back and review my reviews after about a year on BR and edited a few at that stage.

I find I make a few typos, but I hate that you write it in a small box - makes it hard to see in it's entirety, then once you submit it and it gets approved, if you correct them then it has to go back in the queue. I'd love a 'preview' feature, where when you first submit it it pops up in it's entirety for you to check before you submit it for real

I get my point across pretty easily on the first go, but i have to be on point the first time with 99% of what I write, given the industry I'm in, so I'm well used to that.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I do find some typos occasionally that I didn't notice the first time.
Julieal
915 posts
I agree Trudi -It would be good either to have a bigger page so you can see all the script or a check prior to submitting as you feel such an egg when you see the silly mistakes later.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hello!

You probably already know this, but just in case... 

If you'd prefer to write in a bigger box you can click on the bottom right hand corner of the review box and drag it down and out to give you more space. 

Also, just out of interest, spelling mistakes should come up with a wiggly line underneath. We've tested it on our end and it seems to be working fine. Does not everyone get this? 

Ta! HP X
Thanks for the info re making the box bigger, I didn't know! I'm not sure about spelling mistakes... I'll have to check.
trudijoy
8375 posts
great re the box!

def not re spelling mistakes - no squiggly lines in reviews. Never has been in any one of the places, and I've reviewed on PC, Mac, android tablet, android phone and iphone, from Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Interestingly the lines (red spelling squiggles and green grammar squiggles) are popping up in the forum today - first time i have ever seen them.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i just had a go and it's popped up but this was DEFINITELY 1000% not there when I wrote reviews last week bc I was whinging about the lack of it.

It was also not in the forum bc i edited so many errors in my posts the other day.
BR-Queenie
260 posts
Hey guys

Yes it's always been there. Both the spell check warning and also the ability to expand the text box.

xox
Helibabi
101 posts
Yep.. always worked for me I'm on my iPhone most of the time and sometimes the laptop. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I can't expand the review box on my iPad or iPhone and no squiggly lines on that or the forum. I always write my reviews in notes first having lost a few reviews when I first started on here when I tried to write them directly into the review box. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i can expand, but the box over there >>>>> (latest reviews//forum posts) stays over the top, and it's annoying.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ahhh the predictive text on my phone is super annoying especially when it picks the wrong word when you've clicked on the right one. Then you go and realise it lol.

On my phone I can zoom in which is awesome because I can see the words easier.
Hmm... I can see a dot in the corner of the box that looks like it should give me the ability to expand but I can't make it work on my Android phone.

I've just had a play with writing imaginary words and I don't get any red squiggly lines.
Macs
5351 posts
Yes I have predictive text too . I often edit after review has been placed. I didn’t know about extending text and spell check underline off to check that out now.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!