Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

random beauty products.... in other languages!

12 posts, 9 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
... just for fun.

A friend in Germany recently sent me a wee package that included a hair mask, face mask, some bath crystals and a face cloth, but because they're all written in German (which I speak a little of) it made them very exotic and cool, haha!

Where have you picked up random samples of things to try that are multilingual - or out of the norm?

I often like to pick Japanese things up but that doesn't really count because I know exactly what those are and have usually used them before
shazatron101
5112 posts
When I buy sheet masks and things of the like they send heaps of samples thats all in Korean (I guess it's Korean, they're Korean sites hahahaha) but thankfully they've started putting english instructions on them :D

trudijoy
8375 posts
haha yeah i've been there with Korean things as well! I'm like..... what even is this? Then you guess, and hope you're right, haha
shazatron101
5112 posts
The pictures sometimes help like, oh yes you do this on your face eh? but otherwise I just google it for English instructions 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i love the english instructions on those things sometimes though. In Japan, it won't necessarily make sense, but will be hilarious.

'put this on hole for feel better!' etc (on a cream for abrasions)
Macs
5351 posts
I was gifted a snail mask. All written in korean. I only know its snail from the picture. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I can't say I have tried anything, definitely one to add to my beauty bucket list! :)
MareeB
5241 posts
A few years ago my sister bought me a product back from Switzerland. It turned out to be a very good exfoliator. She had no idea what it was as the packaging was all in foreign languages.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I have quite a few beauty products with French writing on them; some from France and some because I like quite a few French brands. I always have a bit of fun reading the instructions in other languages to see if I can understand any of it.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I have a tonne of Korean skin care products and samples (it actually rivals my Lush collection!) and they have very limited English on them. But even the English terminology is quite different to what we would normally expect. There are toners that are nothing like our toners and lotions, emulsions etc. I also use google to find out exactly what the product is supposed to be and at what stage to use them. Fantastic products though - I used a 'wine peeling jelly softener' last night and it was amazing! My skin felt like I'd had a facial afterwards. 

I love visiting drug stores in foreign countries (even if English is the first language) and working out what everything is. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have gotten some bath salts and when I was getting my foot mask at Ippondo it was figure out from pictures.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I have quite a lot of French skincare. In Paris last year I picked up several kits from different brands to try.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!