Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Random beauty finds in unexpected places...

33 posts, 19 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I had a drink with a former student I stayed in touch with last night and she had on a gorgeous lippy... turns out it was a Jeffree Star one (Celebrity Skin) & they are available in a shop here in Dunedin. So I popped in and they also have Lime Crime, Manic Panic etc. So I got a Jeffree Star lippy and an LC eyeliner.

Stoked!

When have you found exciting beauty items in unexpected places?
kirstyj
1732 posts
What shop was that Trudijoy???
trudijoy
8375 posts
Cosmic Corner on George hon x I was so surprised!! The Jeffree was $40 & all Lime Crime is $20
MareeB
5239 posts
 I usually find unexpected things in my drawers or wardrobe hahaha I buy things and instantly forget I have them!
janini9
341 posts
Great find Trudijoy. There is a Cosmic shop in K Road in Auckland too and they sell online as well.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Janini apparently there are two in Akl but bizarrely Dunedin will probably be easier for me to get to lol
Lutece
1849 posts
Yay! Those are great finds! Hm.... I dont think I have found any random beauty finds in unexpected places, I think thats a sign I need to get out more hehe :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lutece I insist on swatching before I buy which rules out online a lot so this was cool to find!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Well my find isn't as good as yours trudi but I did stumble upon lagirl in a store that is so random in Albany Mall called acquasitions I probably msipelt it but of places to find the full range of lagirl here threw me off a bit another place I found products is the Japan shop in the same mall. Yesterday I fosaw bath and bodyworks products in there and what's best it's smells amazing and Victoria secret too but just fragrant mist atm. The B&B stuff was the wine handwash and handcrafted & smelt so delicious note I'm a non drinker but still the scent was attractive. I forge tactical scent I'll go to Google to confirm it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
That same japanese shop has urban decay and tsubaki and all sorts eh ssoooo good
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
This is true trudi and atm has the new eos lip balm and a clinique set also has naked flushed and basics sets aswell as this brow thing so I asked it's authenticity when seeing that product bc I didn't knwo what it was or seen it before.js
trudijoy
8375 posts
How did they reply keri?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Oh they said oh authentic oh yes it is.
To me I describe is as how foreigners try to act like they don't understand English( I don't mean this in any offensive way and apologies if I have offended anyone with this description ) kind of like that. But with saying that it was a young dude so he most probably not very clued up on product knowledge anyway. I'll go back again and ask a female staff member when I'm next in the mall
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Oh and the scent of B&B is Merlot was so nice
Macs
5351 posts
Oh today at the warehouse, I havent been there for a while. Anyway there was a huge perfume sale on, just lucky I left all my money at home because I could have spent lots. Victorias Secret Bombshell was $25 a 50ml and DKNY also $25. I might regret not getting it but I got Vera Wang rollerball set for $10. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Orangegal in the mid city mall, Auckland CBD, full of Korean skin care at decent prices. Ippano in Atrium, is a Japanese shop with beauty and food products from Japan, there is another makeup skin care in there as well as Missha. I really need to have a good look through them.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Damn I need to get to the warehouse more often. They do some good beauty sales. We also have a wholesalers where I can get various brands cheap from time to time. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Good on you for grabbing Jeffree Star I love his lipsticks so much!  I have the new ones winging their way to me from the states as I type.   I'm in a rural township so there is no where to find random beauty things so I do most of my online shopping and have stumbled upon some awesome stuff in my browsing
hahah  I hear your you mareebros.  I like discovering goodies in drawers etc.. you forgot were there. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
It was like that when I first walked into Mecca at Ballantyes. I didn't know it existed here and brands like Bare Minerals, Hourglass and Nars were there. Lots of oooh, oooh ahhh ahhh.
SandyGedge
394 posts
I havn't got out of the house at all in around four months due to having bubs in winter so I don't have any current random finds but I soooo can't wait for summer as I'll be out and about searching for those goodies!  hehehe
trudijoy
8375 posts
I found Bite lippies in Dunedin today too.. didnt buy one but theyre pretty
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Yes I love random beauty finds! They are the best. I find pharmacies tend to have good beauty suprises.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Trudi you seem to find all the goodies in dunedin. Next time we meet you need to take me.shopping!
Ringy
825 posts
I know- who'd have thought Dunedin would be full of surprises? Here I was planning on not going shopping today! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Being detail oriented helps there ;)

The Bite stuff is at Belle Bird Boutique on George.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Right I feel a PEDICURE and shopping day in dunedin ringfamily! I reckon now schools back it will be easier to coordinate people? Hopefully? Let's do it soon so I don't whimper out
chikoboo
3402 posts
Boo getting total FOMO as I want to come play in Dunedin too!! stupid work and me not driving *sulks for a moment* it's ok really just teasing =)
Julieal
915 posts
I often find great products at the warehouse when they are having a sale -Always worth a look.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I may have 'accidentally' gone back and bought another LC eyeliner, an LC eye brightener and a Sugarpill shadow....
Kimrose
1415 posts
Haha, Maree, I do the same thing. I love cleaning out drawers, I find so many treasures I had forgotten I had!
Artemis
311 posts
Found some Jordana products in a random dollar store. C'mon CHristchurch ladies, where are all the bargains/finds at?
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm an eejit. All the way to Sydney to buy EOH only to find out it's available at the pharmacy ten mins down the road!!

Auckland girls, did you know? The pharmacy @ White Cross on Lunn Ave in Mt Welly has EOH!!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!