Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

16 posts, 12 members
Lutece
1849 posts
I am crazy about curls!

I was so happy to see the latest Beauty review hair inspiration is all about curls, I just finished watching the one about rag curls which I have never heard of, who has given this a try? I am so eager to give these heatless curls a go!

I have linked it HERE X
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
That was amazing to watch, looked like quite a lot of mucking around, but well worth it if my hair comes out looking like that.  My curlers that I have only do so far because of how long my hair is, but these look great lol x Thanks for sharing hun xx
Lutece
1849 posts
Cool aye hun! The sock bun is also a cool one, I will watch the others tomorrow, so much curl inspo!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I had rag curls aged 8 as my cousins jnr bridesmaid! And an apricot satin dress with embossed swirls, puffed sleeves, a dropped waist and a sash. Ahhh the late 80s
Head Pixie
569 posts
Oooh I'm glad you liked it Lutece - I had to put it in there as I have fond memories of my mother doing my hair up in rag curls... and then me not getting much sleep overnight! So worth it though - I looove pretty pretty curls :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Love that curls are becoming the in thing of the moment, as my hair is curly as naturally so I can wash, pop in some curl define cream and let it dry naturally and on the days when the frizz fairy hasn't visited can have lovely held in place loose ringlets all day.  But there is those days where the frizz fairy sits in my hair and ruins it but hey! gotta take the bad with the good I guess.

I lust after people who have naturally thin, frizz free, straight hair! the ability to do so much with it, a simple thing like a ponytail is a nightmare with thick, curly hair you end up with a halo of frizzy short ringlets that annoy the heck out of me lol

I remember when I was younger, when my hair was so long I could sit on it, my mum used to braid it then plait it so I would end up with crimped style curls.  I also did the rags, and the braid that you twisted up onto your head (for those 90's babies out there - aka Wigfield and Bjork style hahahaha)
Lutece
1849 posts
Trudi do you have a photo , it sounds so adorable! What a flashback too!

Kellie Ohhh im in love with rag curls, they look so pretty :D

Kirsty I have always loved your hair, curls look so beautiful X
trudijoy
8375 posts
I don't think so Lutece but my parents probably do.  I'll have a look though

nemesisroxx
506 posts
Aww this brings back alot of memories!! ^.^ My mum used to do this to my hair when I had a big jazz ballet production on when I was a kid!! So awesome!
MrsO
196 posts
Rag curls have been around for a long time, my mum used to tie her hair up in rags in the forties and fifties.
MareeB
5244 posts
Mum used to do them when I was young, but I haven't seen anyone do them in years.
Macs
5351 posts
My mum used to do my hair in these curls for school. I used to hate it because it took long lol. You should do this look lutece . You'd look so cool
sam_clarkson
205 posts
my mum use to use rags to ringlet my hair, i hated the process but it looked so lovely when done
MareeB
5244 posts
It made me feel poorer than we were already!!!
janini9
341 posts
This was all the rage for awhile while at High School , cough cough, in the 1970's . Used to do it fairly regularly. I already had curly hair, so this actually tamed my frizzy hair somewhat (until I brushed it and then it was skinny white girl with a blonde Afro).
I never had Rag Curls  :-(  I was always envious of girl's who came to school with their hair in rags knowing they would have beautiful hair the next day.  hahah my hair was crimped.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!