Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Question about progesterone cream

15 posts, 9 members
Sophia
203 posts
Chicks, does anyone have experience using 2% progesterone cream they're willing to share? 
My Dr has prescribed it for me as a way to combat anxiety while on the Pill, however it was suggested as a trial only and I later discovered it's $70 for a month worth as is not subsidised. I wouldn't be taking it with a view to coming off the Pill, just to try raise my 'happy' hormones. She also suggested Mirena which is another thing altogether, and not subsidised for me either.
I've got some research to do!
Thanks
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Have you considered a supplement, like NuWoman 30 Plus, instead of progesterone cream? 

It did take about 3 months before I really felt any difference in my mood, etc. but I’ve been using it for 5 years now and it definitely helps me. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I used to use it - I bought it online from Wellsprings Serenity, and loved it. I had to stop because I went through menopause when I got Graves Disease, and the progesterone brings back periods (which it did to me), which apparently isn't good. So to be safe I stopped using it.
alikat
423 posts
As a side note, be weary of the mirena as well. (no) thanks to mine, I ended up with a ruptured uterus.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Thanks for the warning on the mirena. I remember looking into it when I was thinking of getting an IUD since it's one of those set and forget things. I looked at the price was trying to think of how I could afford it since it seemed to be a great two-for.
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there, 

Never heard of this cream before. Interesting. I’ve been on Mirena for the last 8 years had it fitted twice four years per term . Haven’t had my period during that time . My next fitting is 2020. I haven’t had any problems yet. 

Look forward to hearing what you plan to do next . 

Take care :) 
Julieal
915 posts
I would talk to the Dr again and get them to suggest something that is subsidised
Sophia
203 posts
Thanks for all the comments.
I'm going to do some research over the next few weeks and see where I end up. I've been on vitamin supplements to address TSH and had a B12 injection so will see how I feel. This Dr I've been seeing isnt a very good listener, in fact talks more than I do, so i reckon when I'm done reading I'll see a different one for another chat.

Sophia
203 posts
Silvene, I wasn't aware of other products so ill do some reading on that. Thanks

Maree, were you on combined pill when you took progesterone before? 

MareeB
5241 posts
No, I wasn't using any birth control, just the progesterone cream.
Re the mirena, a friend just told me that if you have low iron you can get it for cost at Family Planning - although I don't know what cost is!
courtspace
84 posts
I've just been given Mirena as well. I got it on prescription because my iron was so low.
Haven't paid for it yet - but I'm presuming it will be $5?
Sophia
203 posts
Mirena is subsidised for women with very heavy periods which causes the low iron. You may have to pay for the fitting though - a 'site inspection' and then 'installation'. 
also read that the perforated uterus is usually caused at installation rather than it getting dislodged or whatnot 

Julieal
915 posts
Seriously find a Dr who listens as this is so important to you to feel trust and confidence -Family planning may be a good place to start ?
Sophia
203 posts
I hear ya
the place I go has a number of Drs so I'll be meeting the others to see who I like most

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!