Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

63 posts, 37 members
Macs
5351 posts
How often do you purchase beauty products? I think within this year I've almost brought something every week. I think this is my first week without purchasing something. Lets see how long I last lol
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh at least fortnightly but usually more often - I have tons of antiperspirants, shampoos and conditioners waiting to be used plus skin care products... I don't buy much make up because it lasts for ages! I'd love to try some new perfumes but I already have heaps and need to use them first :) I did take the chance to buy shoes and slippers while I was in Dunedin today though... not that I needed either ...
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was good in January, alright in Feb, lost my mind in March and April was fairly low buy. I'm still paying for March, but I don't regret it haha. I haven't bought anything all of May, seeing as Fiance has bought the eyeliners Trudi so kindly got for me :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I definitely buy something every month as I have a monthly trip to Lush. Today I fell in love with a beautiful coat in Max. They have it on hold for me until tomorrow so I can have a bit of a cooling off period. 
Kimrose
1415 posts
Good thread Macs. I am struggling right now as I have been reading some reviews and I just want to buy the products. I just have so,so much make up and skin care I honestly cant justify buying more at the moment. But I really, really want to!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
This month I've only bought one lippy and one colour corrector, and I bought those because I really wanted a red matte cream lippy and didn't have one, then it was buy one product get one free.  I also bought eyeliners but they weren't for me and I have been paid back for them so it's like shopping but not shopping (although thanks for the Farmers points Shaz :p)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha you're welcome Trudi! I don't shop at Farmers enough to collect the points... So I miss out on whatever they have haha
trudijoy
8375 posts
No post office today sorry babe.  Was an hour later out of school than I planned x  Tomorrow, for sure.
Koni
444 posts
Great thread Macs; I'm interested to see others purchasing habits. I purchase beauty products way too often with very few breaks in between. I'm trying to get it under control by getting rid of everything I haven't looked at since I purchased them and focusing on the things I will use and cherish. Like you it's almost every week but I'm sorting that out. I lugged a recyclable Countdown bag filled with unused blushes/bronzers to work to help my cause so I am trying to knuckle down.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Prior to my no spend it was at least once a fortnight but often more :S it's actually quite embarrassing when I think about how much stuff I bought and how regularly - only because I don't have a massive income and am not a beauty blogger etc (I'm not judging others and how they spend their money). Now that I'm saving it's very rare I buy something unnecessary unless it needs to be replaced. The last expensive thing I bought (aside from boring car rego and repairs), was my Lorac 2 palette for my birthday. I've been using it every time I've worn makeup since so I'm getting my money's worth but maaaaan it's hard to resist buying stuff!
ChristineHoll
152 posts
It's a little hard to guage for me because I was buying stuff from Sephora and getting it sent to my sister in California as she was sending a massive parcel to me. So even though I was buying it spaced out I wasn't actually receiving it straight away.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's fortnightly to coincide with pay day. Monthly at the very minimum!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I used to purchase constantly, at least 2 to 3 orders a fortnight so I was constantly receiving parcels. I started feeling really embaressed about the size of my collection and it was spilling over into everywhere around the house, and I ended up with so many multiples of products it wasn't funny. So now I'm on a no spend for a while. At least until next month, but maybe longer.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I so agree with your post Jessickaxnz! I felt a bit embaressed about it too. Especially when I think about how much money I could save or spend on something bigger. BUT nothing is going to stop me loving beauty products so I'm sure I'll be purchasing for a while to come (but maybe not in such big volumes).
I cut down drastically too. I don't think I've bought much for at least a month now.
isemonger
224 posts
This year being a student has really limited my purchases!! Now however I make smarter choices.... I read up on a product before hand and I look at reviews on here so I usually avoid purchases that were not needed and get great products.... smarter choices.... took me long enough to get here ;)
-Bex-
611 posts
I buy weekly I really need to stop for a while though its kinda getting a wee bit out of control. 
Toni-Lee
503 posts
It's definitely been weekly for me. I had to buy extra storage to hide/store all my purchases in. But my hubby being a male doesn't notice a thing lol :)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I don't get much for ages then I have a big splurg. I think I need to control my spending better and buy small amounts more often. But  must make sure I am using the product, nothing worse than buying a product using it once and leaving it to sit there unloved.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
It's been weekly for me for the last few months and some of them I haven't even opened yet but there's a reason for that. I will be using them all within the next week or so if things go to plan.

I'm due a Farmers voucher after my next purchase too so that's a help. I'll probably buy a trilogy night cream with the GWP. Been trying to get my skincare sorted and then move on to eye shadows. Looking at Nude by Nature atm too. It's stops me having money for cigarettes, buying beauty products so I see it as a positive ;)

Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have sort of lost my mind the last few months.. okay since December/Novemember of last year and buy maybe twice a week! It is getting a litle out of hand, but i almost have everything iv ever wanted... well for now anyway! Hopefully after a Mac order & a colourpop order, i can cool my spending down a little!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm terrible! I have recently, say the last 5-6 months been buying things every few days.  Last night from Rovie, today I plan to do a Colour Raine order or LASplash order (haven't made up my mind yet, might even get both if money allows) I set myself a budget per month and once it is gone it is gone, but I am pretty good at getting things when they are at the right price so my budget is easily managed throughout the month, well most of the times =)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Oh I need/want to make another colourpop order :) just received email this morning saying you get a free eye shadow with every purchase until Monday :)
Koni
444 posts
Toni-Lee I'm in the same boat as you regarding the free eyeshadow for Colourpop hahaha but I've had a good little pep talk to myself and said NO.  I'll make do with what's already on the way and avoid going on the Colourpop website / instragram until next Tuesday hehe. 

Chikoboo - monthly budget is a great idea; I tried it before and didn't do too well but now I'm back on it again - got to keep trying :-)

chikoboo
3402 posts
Saw that too Toni and after seeing it swatched on youtube I want it!! lol oh no which do I choose now decisions!!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Koni I found it easier with one of those loaded credit cards where I transfer $500 a month into it and that is my makeup/play money for the month.  Once it is gone it is gone =)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Oh chikoboo, can't wait to see your swatches of your colourpop haul on your youtube channel :)
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Does spending reward money from surveys you've done count? LOL I think that was the last time (last week) that I brought anything beauty related. Oh no! I tell a lie, I just remembered I brought a couple of nail polishes from snatch a deal... BUT that was only to bring my total up so I qualified for free shipping lol I got a couple of selfie sticks!
Jesse
745 posts
I don't really have a set spending pattern. I'll purchase more on Farmers double points/15% off/GWP as I purchase my skincare there and Hamilton's MAC is in Farmers so you get points there. On times like those I'll buy skincare even if I'm not out for the GWP as I know I'll use it. Otherwise it's normally if I'm low or have something coming up I want a product for. I just made my first big MAC order as I wanted something LE but since it was at 6am and I was half asleep I ended up buying two of the same lipstick, fail!
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I save up to buy things that I REALLY want. I'm not the type of person to go running out and purchase something just because it's limited edition or some youtuber talked about it. I'm very picky when it comes to makeup so I like to research things and mull it over before I commit to buying it. This has worked out great for me personally as when I get something I have wanted for a while I tend to not have urges to buy random things as I'm too busy enjoying my purchase. 
Macs
5351 posts
Well the struggle is real lol. Interesting seeing what everyones purchasing habits are like.
Koni
444 posts
Thank you for the loaded credit card tip Chikoboo I'm seriously going to look into that :-)

Oh no Jesse!! I can only assume you're talking about the MAC Wash and Dry? Atleast you got some sleep I was a bit of a nutter and stayed until it launched at 1.30am NZ time :-S
Lutece
1849 posts
YOU GO GIRL!!! I was like you at the start, so keen to expand my makeup collection until I did the April low spend, now I have totally gone off buying beauty related things unless they are like essentials, The last beauty item I brought were 2 EOH eyebrow pencils last month, unless you count candles are beauty items? LOL
Mila
1209 posts
I kind of go up and down sometimes I get on a real roll and want to try everything and anything and end up with all these little parcels coming my way which i love !! but I am trying to be much more careful with money now that we will be down to one income its not all mine to spend how I please.  There'll always be some room for the pretty things :)
Ringy
825 posts
I need to stop buying stuff. I think I have enough beauty and hair products to last me the rest of the year- possibly next year as well! Yesterday I bought a huge bottle of nail polish remover- even though I have 3 bottles each with about 1/3 left! I have litres of shampoo and conditioner under the bathroom sink, but still bought more this week. There is no where to store all my extra bits and pieces. My daughter asked me to but her a can of impulse spray so I bought 5 ( different smells). I'm thinking I may have a problem.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
well depending on my mood,
if im a happy camper I don't tend to buy to much in the way of anything
but when things get on top of me, I guess it's retail therapy I buy things and stuff
so needless to say I spend lots x my bad
shazatron101
5112 posts
Fiance just told me I could buy the palette - oh be still my beating heart. But I won't, I shall wait until my tax refund comes like I planned :-) I'm being such a good girl lol
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
shazatron101 yahoo to exciting 
your good waiting xx 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm definitely a retail therapy kind of girl and with my depression getting so bad lately with so much drama in my life I'm definitely more inclined to buy things... lately I've been leaning more towards clothing instead of make up, which is good really because I'm definitely developing a new style and I enjoy finding clothes that suit my new "image". 

I just bought a new eyeshadow palette, purely because I've wanted it for months and I wasn't sure when it would be available from the seller again. I love it as much as I expected I would, but that will be my only beauty purchase for the next week or so. I have a hair curler on layby, slowly paying off $220 for it. Then on Sunday I wanna go out and buy some Shopkins because I've started collecting them. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
WannabeMUA I so agree with the clothes shopping. I think if I'm in the wrong mood it can be bad. But if I'm in the right mood it makes me feel so much better about myself, like I'm enhancing my personality... maybe thats why I like buying makeup too :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I succumbed today to the coat I fell in love with yesterday. I hardly ever find clothes I like, never mind love. I just felt so good in it, and I reckon that alone is worth the purchase price. 

Too bad I lost my Mac rebel lipstick somewhere along the way today. Waaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!
janini9
341 posts
I kinda go on spending jags then rest for a bit (run outta disposable spendies). I was thinking that I had been rather restrained lately, then I remembered my random panic purchase of Jeffrey Star Lippys the other day.
shazatron101
5112 posts
-sigh- it's sold out on beautybay. So I couldn't buy it now even if I wanted to (my dreams are becoming incredibly obsessive)
Macs
5351 posts
Oh you were going to purchase it aye Shaz. That has to be the cutest pallette I've seen though!
MareeB
5239 posts
Good to see you WMUA. What is your new image? sounds intriguing...
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
My spending habits definitely come in ebbs and flows. I have times, like atm, where there are so many things I want, and other times I'll go weeks/months without the desire to purchase anything.

I think this comes down to whether I'm completely happy with the products I'm using at the time. Currently I'm not digging my foundation, the previous base that I was loving is just not sitting right anymore so I'm on the hunt for a new one. I picked up 6 new foundations in Hawaii and an slowly working my way through trying them out so hopefully I'll find a gem and my desire to purchase will cease shortly!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I often seem to buy quite a bit then nothing for a while. I'm in a bit of a spend period at the moment actually.
Macs
5351 posts
I can proudly say I made it through the week without buying. Im tempted by Jefree Star, La Splash and Bossy Cosmetics. This obsession is no good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yay! Good for you Macs. Although I too am tempted to buy all the Bossy stuff... patience... I have it some times haha 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Okay well unlike you Toni-Lee, when i saw that colourpop email, i knew it was time! I could no longer push my colour pop order to next month, or the month after, i was finally going to do it! And i did.. and things may have gotten out of hand! Lets just say i got a little bit of everything! Now the wait :D, for those of you who buy from colourpop, do you get a shipment email? Just out of curiousity, since i have a package coming from youshop in the next week of two aswell.
charly
456 posts
I buy a lot less now I don't have to walk past Lush on my way to and from work every day! 

I've been trying hard to finish up products because my beauty product collection is out of control, but I seem to acquire them faster than I can use them up, thanks to free samples, Black Box, BRBB, BR vault, gifts, etc! But I think it has been a month or two since I bought myself products - yay! Been feeding the need by shopping for others instead. Mum and mother-in-law both got goodies from Black Robin for Mother's Day, my sister is getting a sample pack from Tailor for her birthday, etc. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!