Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Postpartum self care routine

13 posts, 5 members
Mimi-Sheen
37 posts
Hi BR fam!
so my baby is here. I am doing good overall but I need some tips and advices related to postpartum self care routine. I have pigmentation, dark circles, pale skin, dry hairs, the list goes on. Please help your sister here.
MareeB
5241 posts
Congratulations Mimi-Sheen. Is your baby doing well? yes everything goes haywire with hormones. Just keep up the healthy food and get some exercise and sleep when you can. Things go back to normal eventually x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hiya...congratulations on your new baby! I am 10 months PP and it did take a good few months for things to settle down. I don't know if you are BF or not but I stuck to more natural products and things that are gentle on your skin. I used Skinfood cleanser, exfoliator and moisturiser. They do a nice coconut oil you could use at night. For you hair you could try something simple like the Garnier Hair Food masks followed by a nice Argan oil or even doing some coconut oil masks. I also take Vitamin C, Iron and Magnesium. I'm sure things will be back to normal in no time.
Mimi-Sheen
37 posts
Thank you ladies I appreciate your kind words <3
AboutFace
412 posts
Congratulations :-) being a mum is awesome. Treat yourself at times as you are important too. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh I like this thread! 

I think the main thing with self care postpartum is food. Make sure you are eating enough and keeping your body fueled. There are a lot of things you can’t control in this time like sleep for example. But making sure you are fed means you can cope as much as possible. I found popcorn a good snack as well as carrots and hummus.

I hate when people say getting a shower is self care as it should just be a basic necessity but honestly sometimes it is self care. But if a shower is the way you can have self care make sure that you treat yourself to something nice while having that time to yourself (and your body to yourself). I bought myself a really nice Pure Fiji body scrub and it just made me feel like I was doing something nice when having a self care shower. If that isn’t in your budget at the moment, as I know babies can play havoc with budgets, then some sugar and coconut or olive oil could do the trick too. Or take some time to give your body a proper moisturise afterwards too.

Hope you are doing well!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Kirsty how is your bubba doing? Mine is a year old in a few weeks and definitely keeping me on my toes lol. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Goodness Lisa - it doesn't seem that long that you told us about your baby. I hope you are both having a wonderful life x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We are doing great thanks Maree! She currently has 2 top teeth cutting through so a bit unsettled. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm so pleased to hear it Lisa. It's a lovely time in life - apart from the teething!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Glad to hear your bub is doing well Lisa-Lou! Isn't it crazy how quickly they grow up. The saying "the days are long but the years are short" couldn't be more true. 
We are doing well - battling some allergies - but otherwise I am a very lucky Mum with a very easy going baby (and I don't know where she got that from!)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Allergies are such a pain! Easy baby sounds good....mine is too :-)
Mimi-Sheen
37 posts
Thank you Aboutface and thank you krstyj for wonderful advice. This is my third baby I hardly get time to comb my hair lol. I try to eat as much as I can :) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!