Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Plans for the weekend?!

614 posts, 23 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol I actually did it differently the other night. I just oiled and salted all the pork belly strips then roasted them until crispy. Then tipped the sticky rib marinade on and cooked a little bit longer but not much. Then I sliced them up. It was way better than doing it in the frypan like I was doing.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha! Well then. Ive decided im going to buy the strips, cut off the skin, slow cook until tender and then make a sticky sauce to glaze them in and then broil for that caramellll burn - i want smoked burnt pork ends but i dont have a smoker and thats probably as close as ill get hahahaha
tabucutie
1811 posts
Oh that food sounds amazing.

chilly day in Auckland today. Glad for the hot shower, heat pump, warm fluffy blanket, sweatshirt and hoodie. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sounds good Shaz! Let me know how it turns out. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It was -2 when I was driving to work tabucutie. I didn't want to get out of my toasty warm bed lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
i think itll work quite well - the videos ive watched slow cook them in the oven anyway sooooo yeah lol .and now im watching masterchef and hungry for this steak! yum
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh yummy, I love pork belly. Unfortunately I have braces and unable to eat anything chewy or large ahhhh. It basically has to melt in your mouth or come in liquified form lol.

I bought an instant pot awhile back and its been sitting in its box as for some reason this big hunk of metal scares the hejeebies out of me (don't ask why as I have no idea lol). So my mission this weekend is to get it out of its box (thats a great start right there huh) and figure it out. I've watched a few videos but they always make it look easy.

Anyone here have one and can keep me tips. I stupidly got rid of my slow cooker and I have a chicken sitting in the freezer waiting for me to cook it. So really need to learn this thing. I got the big 8L Duo Nova if that helps?

Hope you feel better soon Trudi - your hair is looking so amazing. Been watching your hair journey on facebook and I'm almost tempted to do it myself as my hair looks like crap lol.
tabucutie
1811 posts
And I was packing a bit of a sad at 4 degrees. Sorry bout it! Ooh -2 wow! It's taking awhile to get accustomed to this chillyness.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I weeeeeded both my vege boxes, ones got potatoes in it that i never harvested from 2 years ago, and the other has strawberries lol but yes they're weeded now and im a happy lamb :D
shazatron101
5112 posts
Is br slow for anyone else or just me? Lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol good job Shaz. I had good intentions to get outside and do something productive......but it was -4 here and once I lit the fire I didn't really go far apart from to the fridge lol oops
shazatron101
5112 posts
Brrr bugger that, too cold hahaha. Id stay near the fridge and fire too haha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It's not much better today but I have motivation so already got lots done. About to put pumpkin soup in the slow cooker. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yaaaaaay!!! Thats awesome. Its icy butthole here and its not even raining :'(
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oops I thought today was Sunday and I have been blobbing out on the couch still in my pjs :-) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dont think its the weekend... ??? But i destroyed more weeds today. And found a pipe! Stopped digging then haha.

Aaannnddd i absolutely obliterated a wily little agapanthus (aka a WEED. All flax/decorative grass are weeds in my eyes)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I had a brilliant baby shower last weekend....felt very spoilt. My maternity shoot turned out amazing too. I look like a big pumpkin lol but still happy! Can't believe it is Friday already. Beautiful day here :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yay, glad your shower and shoot were lovely and I'm sure you looked gorgeous, Lisa x
MareeB
5244 posts
Aw thats awesome Lisa. Wonderful times and wonderful memories.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lisa that sounds awesome. I bet youre a cute pumpkin!! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I baked a cake for a friends kiddos birthday party.. 6 layers, its definitely the biggest cake I've ever made haha. Needless to say i never want to see cake or icing again hahahaha
tabucutie
1811 posts
Sounds delicious though nom nom
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmmm cake! Snow on the mountains behind us today.....thought it might actually snow here in town but no just lots of rain.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah friends in Dunedin sent me snaps of snow falling late last week!  Winter always has a last couple surges before it starts to give up :)

I took it slow this weekend after a heavy week finishing with something a little traumatic on Friday - facial and pedi yesterday and just a couch day today 
MareeB
5244 posts
I worked all weekend, and it was too cold to do anything else anyway. It's super freezing here today.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Its been hailing here all day!! So i made chicken stock after i cleaned out the freezer, how productive of me. I wish i was smarter to actually learn how to can it properly though haha 
K8D
59 posts
Can you freeze the chicken stock? 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yup! Thats what im gunna do. I chill it to skim the top layer of fat off cos nobody wants that, and then reheat just to be able to ladle it easier into the containers lol
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thought it would be awesome to go to the movies to see Muder on The Mile. Then I remembered I would have to wear a mask for 2 hours straight. Think I will wait until it comes out on streaming.

First and probably last summer swim which was magic. About an hour and a half of existing in the water. So cleansing. 

Normal house hold chores and cleaning, nice and clean ready for the work week ahead. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I'm avoiding the movies atm as well tabu. I'm used to masks now, especially because I have to wear them when I'm presenting in schools etc, but apart from work I'm trying to avoid places where lots of people might be if those places dont have airflow 
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm avoiding crowded places too. Just a precaution and it saves time and money as well!
MareeB
5244 posts
Laziest weekend ever. I watched the whole season of Deadwater Fell (I enjoyed it), the 3 available episodes of RuPaul UK vs The World (looooved it), and the whole series of The 4400, which I also loved. I'm working overnight shifts which leaves plenty of time for napping on the sofa and watching tele - bliss! Oh and I also watched tonights MAFS - loved it too. I have Into the Storm on now, until work at 10.45pm.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I think I would be more comfortable going to a day movie session as chances are there would be next to no one and I would feel safer to be there. Even with the mask requirement the whole time. Unfortunately, started back at work today so probably won't be able to make it.

Sounds like  a wonderful weekend Maree.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I had a nice quiet weekend at home too. Managed to clock up a few kms walking as we have a huge section thankfully so got some good exercise in. I am avoiding going anywhere from now on....fortunately I don't have any appointments until April and I will just buy online. Interested to see what todays numbers are. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I haven't been to the cinema since before the pandemic started. It just doesn't appeal right now. I wear a mask all day anyway but yeah, not keen on confined spaces with strangers. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Fair enough Soozie, times have changed.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Huge jump in numbers today. We are definitely hunkering down now. Stay safe x
tabucutie
1811 posts
Yup those numbers keep rising. Working tomorrow, day off Sunday. Probably end up staying home. Just Like most other days, lol.
AboutFace
413 posts
Same Tabu working tomorrow and who wants to go out with the numbers now rising. Can't wait for it all to pass. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Pretty much. As long as it takes.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Staying home all weekend is my idea of a good time anyway lol. 
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm off today and working tomorrow. I'm not bothered to stay at home every day to be honest.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Gorgeous day here. Been up since 5.30 so just relaxing a bit now. Fish n chips for tea so am looking forward to that :-)
Kimrose
1419 posts
We are both working as usual as we are both essential workers. Our house is on the market so we have had open homes lately, our agents are great, hand sanitizer and masks on hand and we have our very own QR code!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm home-bubble-ing at the weekend atm and wfh during the week. 

Lately making afghans is my solution to most things so luckily I'm good at making afghans lol. 

focusing on resilience and feeling the feelings instead of ignoring the feelings and then crashing. So far, so good. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Ooh afghans!! Tried to make em a couple times but doesn't turn out like my mums or nana's. My husband's work colleague's mum does baking for us and we got a small container of afghans last week. Decked them in one sitting. Something about home baking that tastes extra delicious.
Norawa
5 posts
I think I'm gonna draw or paint a picture. I've also been coloring recently, it helps to ease the stress and relax a bit. This page is full of great coloring sheets, both for kids and adults. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
How's everyone doing?  Anyone had the c word yet? I hope you are all well!
MareeB
5244 posts
I am surrounded by the c word but dodged it myself so far. Just got my booster today - so far no ill effects, long may it last!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That's great Maree! Just got my booster last week.....felt cruddy for a day or so but all good now.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!