Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Permanent change or gremlin glitch?

16 posts, 8 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Idk when it happened but my inbox notifications no longer appear in the top bar, I have to click into the menu.

just me or is this a thing now? 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think its always been like that, or since the change anyway. The only thing i see at the top is me name lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
ah.... i haven't had a trial since about July so that might explain why I haven't been as aware of it?  I just found a whole pile of pic notifications after i clicked on the bubble and was like hey what?
Sophia
203 posts
I hope it's the reason for no trials as I haven't had one since Oct 2017 despite putting my hand up for lots of them. (Yes, grumbling, sorry)
trudijoy
8375 posts
nah i don't think it's the reason Sophia but it would make them easy to miss, for sure.  I've only had two since the expert panel was chosen and none since the site was updated (yet in the same time I've encouraged other people to join up and they've had half a dozen or more).  I don't understand the algorithms at all now, they seem really unfair, when some are chosen rarely and some, when you look at their profile, are getting on multiple trials in a short time frame.

Don't get me wrong, I've been very fortunate over the years to have been on a number of great trials, but it's sad to think that might have stopped, and not know the reason why.
Susilia
484 posts
I haven’t had a trial for years now and I’m not even being accepted as an expert, I’ve put my application through twice already, half a year ago and a month ago again and it’s just being ignored.
also I was commenting on some articles lately, yet my points aren’t going up, so not sure what’s wrong with the system at the moment. :/ 
Sophia
203 posts
Well it could be an unlucky coincidence but I'd have thought there was a clever tool that could be used to ensure even distribution of trials among willing participants. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Even if you put your hand up for a trial, it won’t guarantee you an invite, it just shows that you may be interested.  The trial invite algorithms seem to be based on profile details, eg: hair type, skin type, etc, and are matched to those individuals who match or suit the product best versus just sending out invites to candidates who the product wouldn’t really suit, so maybe check and make sure that your profile is updated and contains all relevant details (whether you dye your hair or not, etc.).  

There are thousands of members on BR now, unlike 3 years ago when there was a lot less, so Trial invites will be fewer and further between, as there are more ‘suitable’ people in the database who now match with products than there were before.  
triffid
151 posts
I think sophia that you will get your reviews but often it seems you need to open your email more often as when I first started I was always to late to accept an invite.Keep an eye on Facebook etc too because sometimes they mention sending out invites soon.
heres hoping invites arrive this year
bronjenks
253 posts
@trudijoy I love how you keep things real.  I've noticed this too and like Susilia I've applied a couple times for expert panel and not received any kind of notification that those applications have even been recieved so maybe there is a glitch in there somewhere?  Anyhow, it does make me feel less encouraged to contribute, which is a shame.  With you sayng about not being on any trials since last July, that really surprises me but I guess with all the new members coming on board, maybe they are wanting some more varied perspectives?

The new format of the website is pretty good although, I'd like there to be a feature where we can track which trial teams we have applied for... unless there is one and I just havent found it, which is also possible, lol! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
thank you Bron!  I'm always scared of saying things like that on here because of the kickback i've had in the past (not from the BR girls, but just some of the nastier ones who used to frequent the forums) Theres a difference between entitlement or complaining and asking a question because something doesn't make sense to us, imo, and despite the explanation Silvene gave above, which the BR girls have given as well, I'm still confused as to how I used to match so many and now don't match at all, but they're advertising for new members.  Did I age out of a demographic or something? 

I'm overstocked with many things atm and with a holiday in Asia coming up (plus two more to plan) it's all good.  Just confusing.
Susilia
484 posts
We’ve just both been upgraded to experts, yayyy! :)

I feel like not getting trials that often it’s just the case of having a lot of members now and so trials are more spread out I think?

I was a member from very early on and I have received a lot of trials at the start, also due to being a review hero for a while and lots of free goodies from the vaults. I shop a lot of new products anyway, so not that bad that others are getting the trials.

I steered away from beauty review for a long time though, at the time they first upgraded/changed their site, years ago, I’m not good with changes, it wasn’t a small change, it was a big one, so I came back when I forgot how the old site was working, I’m sooooo bad with changes, it’s terrible! :D 

trudijoy
8375 posts
Also Bron...

i agree that that it would be great to have a feature that showed what you had applied for and whether the trial invitations had gone out; I’m never sure whether it’s not happened or if I wasn’t selected. 
bronjenks
253 posts
That would be such a great feature Trudijoy.  I sometimes forget what i have applied for... oopsie! 

Sophia
203 posts
Today's message telling us to check our invites for the face mask review was helpful, so now my wondering can cease . 
 That or even a post in the forum would be useful for future trials.
thanks
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oooooh the latest trial looks like a real goodie! Fingers crossed for that one!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!