Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

passport photo

60 posts, 30 members
Imoshen
461 posts
I'm sorry to hear about your cat Lisa!  It's heartbreaking having a cat go missing but, and I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, at least you have closure :(.

Our cat went missing years ago and we have never seen him since.  I miss him terribly and would love to know what happened to him.  In my mind I picture him hooking up with a lovely, mature woman that gives him love and cuddles.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Shaz, I'm so sorry to hear your Furbaby has feline aids.  Is he'/she doing okay?  My vet told me about Feline Aids when we moved here (when we moved to NZ, we brought our spoilt kitty with), and asked if we wanted to start with the vaccinations, but they were far too expensive to do every year, so we've taken our chances and we lock our FurKid in at night, to try and reduce the number of cat fights he might get into, and also to protect the nocturnal wildlife. It's inside time for my kitty as soon as the sun starts setting, but all it takes is one bite from an infected cat.  So scary!

I sympathise with you about the meltdown at the Vet though, and the cone and leash ... my FurKid had to have a eye removed 4 weeks ago.  I had taken him to the Vet for recurring cystitis and ended up having the Vet tell me that he needed to have an eye removed.  Totally not what I was expecting, and I just burst into tears right there (and then proceeded to cry all day while I got used to the idea of having to turn him into a little one-eyed ginger pirate).  Same for him, a cone for two weeks, which he wouldn't keep on, not even with a collar, so we had to body harness him and attach the cone to that.  At least I could put a leash on the harness and then take him outside for fresh air and tree scratches as mine's an outside cat, too.  How he hated being locked inside!  Funnily enough, his stitches came out on 4th July (his own little independence day).

Oh, the things we do for our FurKids ... In hindsight, a cat on a leash with a cone has to be one of the funniest sights for passersby.  Yup, he insisted on scratching his favourite tree, which just happens to be near our mailbox!

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks ladies! Imoshen I agree as I kept thinking where is he so I guess I would rather know.
Awwww Shaz that sounds awful! Poor kitty :-(
Lol a kitty on a leash is crack up. I used to have a Flemish giant bunny and thought it would be cool to walk him, I put a leash on him and he would not budge bhahaha. I think he hated me after that lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
an eye!?!?! oh my lord how awful! i can imagine how you'd would've felt and it wouldn't be nice! nawwww. how is the furkid doing now?
i didnt know aids shots were a thing, if i did i would've gotten him one hahaha but never mind. your stritct 'parenting' sounds like mine hahaha if theyre at the door by 5 they're in for the night and they get let out when i stumble down the hallway for my morning tinkle at 730 (when i know it's light enough they won't be looking for a fight lol)

but he is okay for now (every time i say that he gets something wrong with him >:( ). his feet returned to normal size with the drugs pretty quickly which was a relief because 4 days of one of them was $30 and he was on it for a month hooooooooo boy that was an expensive christmas hahahaha.
the pads were about 5 times the size of normal pads (why its a 'pillow' foot) and they must have been annoying him because he was biting them and they were bleeding all over my damn house. i went through a stage of trying to make him shoes for night time so he would stop biting them before the cone came out. they didn't work hahaha.

MareeB
5244 posts
Sorry about your cat Lisa! I'd hate to lose my fluffy, it'd be like losing a decent human!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Aww, your poor kitty, Shaz. That “pillow foot” sounds painfully sore. 

Pringles is fine now, thanks.  He went blind slowly in that eye over a few years/months (all caused by a cat fight that happened 6 years ago), so he didn’t need to adjust to only having one eye, it all happened slowly for him.  I don’t even think he realises is gone, he just doesn’t have migraine-like headaches anymore. Poor little guy.  Yeah, 3 vet visits, 3 different meds, and eye removal surgery all in one week ... it was definitely an expensive month last month!  Crazy how vet visits cost more than us going to the doctor. 

Fingers crossed nothing else happens to your kitty.  Just something I thought I’d share ... my vet recommended putting baby socks on the cat’s paws if we couldn’t get him to keep the cone on.  It might work if you ever need to cover your kitty’s paws again.  Oasis’ Rhino Repair also helps to soothe kitty skin & paws - I’ve used it on my FurKid’s nose and paws in the past and it worked wonders (safe if it gets licked, too).
tabucutie
1811 posts
Sorry to hear about your cat Lisa. It must be devastating.

I had not heard of cat aids before now, nor pillow foot. This is like a kitty forum, it's cool to talk about the furlives in our life. My darling is turning 14 this year. I have been quite lucky, he's been in a couple of scraps but nothing serious. Vets are more expensive than our doctors, but I will always find the money for him to if he should need.
Julieal
915 posts
We took our own photos and used on line application -Horrible photo with minimal makeup, hair off fave and no smile -Passed though -The application confirms photo is ok and we had 3 trys until classified as OK
shazatron101
5112 posts
its kinda weird to think cats can get headaches lol but im glad hes feeling better! plus its always a conversation starter when your pirate cat comes in hahahaha

i did think of baby socks but couldnt get any quick enough so i just made my own hahaha. but yes i did use some rhino repair, i thought it helped but he wanted to just lick it off all the time, but ultimately the drugs worked the best.
i also tried coconut oil, keeping it clean with warm salty water and cannabis oil lol

wow 14!! thats a life well lived indeed. but yes i'm the same, i'll pull money out of my butt for vet bills lmao. unless of course its kinder to let him visit the great catgod in the sky, but until then i'll pay them lol
tabucutie
1811 posts
It is a long life, i'm not ready for him to go but when it's his time it's his time. I will pay too, need to make an appointment for one of the other kitties in the family. But we will need to catch her that should be interesting!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!