Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Online Shopping GST?

12 posts, 7 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
I just bought  a $3 nail polish stand off ebay and got charged 40 cents gst with an Asterix next to it that says the nz government imposes gst on taxable goods. Did a law pass that I'm not aware of that kicked in on the 1st of Jan?  I do know the check your duty calculator which I do use when buying from overseas. Anyone else having similar experiences?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yea it's a new thing that come in around December I think. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I got the notification that Youshop would be doing that too not just just on goods but also on the shipping costs as well. The good news is if you get a gift with purchase you don't need to pay GST on that (guess unless you want to), as GST is charged on how much you paid for something. When I did my order from Origins from Black Friday I just sent the Paypal invoice of how much I paid and that was it. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yes unfortunately they brought into effect in December I think it was. I purchase from Wish and they have now added GST onto their prices now. Unfortunately this bumps up their prices so not always a bargain like it used to be. 
Sonnies
137 posts
Yes it got implimented on the 1st of dec. Seems like everything is a lot nore expensive now 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Oh bugger. I did online shopping in December and never saw any additional but this was the first I got charged. Definitely something to keep in mind. Thanks ladies for advising.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just did an iHerb order and noticed the items I normally order have gone up in price by $3 to $5 per item. It now says that tax is included in the price. These items are still much cheaper than they are in NZ (unfortunately they're not stocked by Chemist Warehouse) and shipping was free. 
Sonnies
137 posts
Oh thats nice soozi so some places online will still be cheaper 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
IHerb is hard to beat. For example, the Pixi mist I always repurchase is now $26 on iHerb. But it's $46 on Sephora! Nope. 
Sonnies
137 posts
Oh wow thats amazing 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
And I just got an email to say it's been shipped already. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Its a shame. I'll miss Wish! oh well, I guess its better for NZ if we shop locally. Theres not as much to pick from though.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!