Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Online shopping

22 posts, 18 members
tarawr158
119 posts
What is your favourite online shopping store(s) to buy clothing and make up from? :)
funbeea
114 posts
This is one I have just found and it looks good.http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/index.jsp 
Maimy
76 posts
Revolve Clothing is quite good - you receive 30% off your first order if you email them after you've placed your order.

Asos has free shipping, as does Choies.

Solestruck has some awesome sales - just recently they've had 30,40,50% off all their sale stock.

itskaz_xo
199 posts
I'm a big fan of boohoo.com :) I also love the dresses Chiffon Boutique have on their page (their facebook page) but they are so over priced. And I can't justify $90 on a dress. I would rather spend that money on clothes for my little girl. But if you're interested, and haven't heard of them already, definitely check them out. Though I have found that they buy their clothing from like likes of aliexpress.com and up the price to make a profit. So definitely check out wholesale sites also. But please, please do some research before you purchase something (if you do). xx
I'm giving my perspective as someone who is on the other side of 35 and hurtling towards 40 (and my foot is STUCK ON THE ACCELERATOR!).    I try to walk into a clothing store with an open mind but sometimes I've felt so disheartened,  in the past I've been close to tears.    

It's because I'm a little "closer to the ground" than I'd like to be, coupled with a few dangerous curves - can make shopping a little difficult.  For example, I don't buy bootleg trousers because by the time I've had them hemmed, the bootleg has mysteriously vanished. 

Don't get me wrong, I've embraced the "good bits" and pay less attention to the not so favoured.   It's just I've had difficulty in finding clothes that help my body "reach it's full potential"!!   Heh heh

That's when I discovered some fantastic overseas websites made with ALL shapes and sizes in mind, but with more universally flattering dress-types.    My top four are as follows:

1. Pinupgirlclothing.com

Pin up clothing focuses on beautiful flattering pieces inspired from the 40's, 50's & 60's that look good on ALL shapes and sizes.   I have complete strangers compliment me on my dresses and shoes that I've purchased from here.

2.  Modcloth.com  you can literally spend hours on this website from dresses of all types (mainly with a pin-up twist) to cool kitsch for your kitchen!!!    One of the best things about this site is they give all the clothing "Punny names" and I'm a sucker for a pun.

3.  Shabby apple.com   Pretty and unique vintage inspired dresses to bring out the lady in us all.

eBay.com.   I've left this one until last because so long as you know what to search for, it can be a lot kinder on your purse.  The above fashions can be pricey and my credit card has taken some beatings from going mad on these sites in the past (lesson learned..... Only buy for special occasions and remember to convert to NZ $$ so you know exactly how much you're paying!!!!!)

EBay is a virtual treasure trove of woman's clothing.  You can even search for the labels from some of the sites above and they may have it cheaper or used (but in good condition).  Search key words like:   Vintage Dress, Pin up clothing, Rockabilly etc and you'll find some great matches.

Finally, other "googleworthy"  brands are:   Stop Staring, Bettie Page, Iron Fist, Sour Puss,  or simply typing "Vintage Dresses" into Google image search.

The great thing about the above sites is, they arent ageist or sizeist.   Vintage doesn't mean old fashioned, it means flattering, timeless and being an individual.  I don't know about you, but if there's one thing that makes you feel good about yourself, it's someone asking where you got that dress/those shoes and knowing you stand out from everyone.

I hope my wee novel helps you find something your looking for.  

Best of luck!!!!

jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Defintely aliexpress.com and dhgate.com - SUPER cheap clothes and makeup AND free shipping on most items.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I also wanted to add that I had a really bad experience with boohoo.com - I bought a dress off there (which I have now seen on aliexpress, as the above girl mentioned), and it was 2 sizes too small and it had a giant rip down the side seam.

I was really pissed, and sent them an email, They were nice about it but told me that I would have to pay for the courier to send it back so they could replace the dress. I was not happy as I had spent $70 on a dress I couldn't wear. I thought they should at least absorb the cost of the courier since it was their mistake. I won't ever buy from there again.
nicola_w11
21 posts
When they have a clearance sale, Victoria's secret is worth trying out. I've bought a few bras from them and occasionally they will ahve 7 pairs of undies for $26 or so which are really pretty and comfy. I find the bras a much better fit than any I get in NZ for some reason. The shipping is what kills it though, I usually wait until the exchange rate is good. They have good service-once my order didn't show up and I emailed them and they credited my account straight away.
rockchick_123
15 posts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nicolas-Boutique/431252213643518 Its quite a new boutique but they have some cute clothes on there, I know they have a lot of stock the same as Chiffon Boutique but sell it at a much cheaper price. They also do a lot of pre orders so you can ask them for something specific and they will order it in for you! I think all of there clothes are branded too so you know you arnt getting bad quality! I ordered a really pretty playsuit off there was amazing quality, overnight shipping and I saved $30 buying it off there instead of Chiffon Boutique. I linked them above :) Also for make up I use feelunique.com 
itskaz_xo
199 posts
Thanks heaps for sharing that link! I love Chiffon Boutique, but it's abit too pricey for me. I'm guessing your outfit has already arrived form the boutique you mentioned? I'm always a little unsure of buying things online now as the last time I purchased a couple things (off two different sites), I lost over $100 (they never sent my stuff) =( So a little feedback would be so appreciated :)
rockchick_123
15 posts
No problem :) I love Chiffon Boutique as well but I find myself not wanting to pay $89 for a dress (which seemes to be the price of most of there things) My friend gave me the link to there facebook site, which she had ordered off so I think I wasn't as hesitant to buy off there (as I have also ordered off of a website once and never recieved my purchase :( ) I bought a playsuit off of there and it arrived fast and was great quality. (When i bought the playsuit they also gave 20% off if you shared with your friends so I think I ended up paying around $45 for it, which was a resonable price I thought :) Helped that I saw the same playsuit but a differnt colour on Chiffon boutique for $89 haha) The lady I dealt with through email when I purchased was really friendly and helped me on choosing the right size. So I can definatly say they are 100% genuine :) Hope this helps :)
itskaz_xo
199 posts
It's crazy to think how many people actually get ripped off aye. Grrr! Lol. That page sounds awesome! And I know what you mean about the price comparison. And I happen to know the cost price of most of theses boutiques dresses etc, and they're no higher than $30 US with free shipping, and because they buy in bulk, they'd get quite a nice little discount. So it's so cool to hear that someone actually has pretty much the same things, but with a better looking price tag. Thanks so much for sharing that, and thanks heaps for your reply. x
NatsR
61 posts
I am a little wary of buying clothing online as I always receive it and it looks different or I buy the wrong size haha! For makeup I have shopped from all of the following and would highly reccommend:Beauty Bay: http://www.beautybay.com/Beauty Joint: http://beautyjoint.com/Kiss and Makeup NY: http://www.kissandmakeupny.com/ x 
Eloursnz
45 posts
I'm an ASOS girl, especially the Curve range as I'm a plussie!
ieseon
67 posts
I love love online shopping so I have few favourite and reliable online shops.  I particulary shop at:

ASOS - for clothes, shoes, accessories and some makeup for they normally have sales all the time. I regularly check their beauty section to see what is on special - they had 20% off all Rimmel products at one time.  Their service is amazing! One time my parcel was delayed so they sent me an email explaining about the delay and gave me a 10% discount code for it! They ship for free as well - only takes about 1-2 weeks to get to me.

SHOPBOP - online designer brands such as Marc by Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Alexander Wang etc. They have sale items at all times and sometimes they have a special event to get discount.  If you spend more than $100USD then it is free shipping - very very quick arrives within 5 days.

BEAUTY BAY - for makeup.  They ship for free but sometimes it can take a very long time, so you just have to be patient.

iHERB - for makeup and vitamins etc.  They sell ecotools makeup brushes and real techniques makeup brushes for a cheaper price.  Not a free shipping but pretty affordable shipping like upto $8USD for 8 pounds.  Items arrive quickly as well, about 1-2weeks. (if you want to order use code ERO956 to get $5-$10 off)

BEAUTY JOINT -  for makeup such as revlon, rimmel, milani etc at cheap price.  Shipping is not free but quick 1-2 weeks

Just some advice: I use to shop at strawberrynet all the time but unfortunately, I have read they sell products that are not authentic, I have compared the products I bought there from the same brand that I bought in the shops here and there are subtle differences but proves that the products I have bought from them is not authentic.

Xtinastar
165 posts
Beauty Bay for Makeup, MAC website for makeup using you shop to get it here, Shakuhachi for clothing is my weakness and what kills my bank account :(
Kylenefs
68 posts
Any sites that are good that stock bigger sizes that aren't mega expensive?? Got chronic pain in legs so over last two years have gained weight and finding it hard to find nice clothes these days that don't cost the earth..any ideas ladies?
henrymarkly
1 posts
There are currently too many shopping websites whose service is so reliable and satisfy. I don't prefer stores in particular. I Just go through the online stores depending on my product need and discounts.

irish turf distributors
guinness clothing Ireland
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I use Yoursclothing, I use the size chart from here eg the warehouse and match it with theirs to mark sure I get the right size using the measurements not the size as sometimes they change the size a little like a large being a size 14 instead of a 16. I get the items in 8 days with no issues so far. And for big girls they do plus size.
The sites for make up are Nordstroms, Dillards, and Macys. I always check what bonus offers are on to get extra bang for my buck.
alikat
423 posts
Nordstrom, Sephora, Amazon, Beauty Bay and Beautylish are my drugs! I never buy clothes online. I prefer to visit stores for that. Unless its something that I've bought before and I'm buying the same style/size again (like my Jeans from Target in the USA!). 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
This is a subject matter that i know alot of!

BeautyLish: This site is awesome and stocks too faced, Z palettes, chartlotte tilbury and other amazing brands. First order you ger $10 usd off (when you spend of 125), and free shipping over $100. and there shipping is so fast.

Beautybay: This site has an awesome range of products. and does offer free shipping.

FeelUnique: Full of goodies such as Bourjois etc etc, free shipping over $20 (aud i think)

For clothes, i 100% support the Iconic. There sales are epic, and i recently picked up a top for $6 and it is amazing. Free shipping and returns over $50 aud.

Hmmm,... where else!! I'll think some more and get back to you
Rezee
1964 posts
I think I did my beautylish order cause I saw you mention it binary!  They are great, I've been wanting it cosmetics forever but I couldn't find a place that shipped straight here. I ordered on a saturday morning and received it on the next tuesday. Our exchange rate sucks but it was still well worth it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!