Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

one face, 5 products!

24 posts, 16 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
if you were only allowed 5 products TOTAL to pull off a face, what would you go for?

I think for me I'd opt for:

- a really good foundation
- an eyeshadow that could also be used to highlight, and potentially dusted under foundation
- black eye pencil
- black mascara
- a statement lippy
Koni
444 posts
5 products!?!  This was tough but I'll go with the following:

Strobe Cream
Benetint (Blush/Lips)
Rich brown eyeshadow
Highlighter
Mascara

trudijoy
8375 posts
i know, i'm evil :p
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Haha I'm the opposite, I was like woah 5 products is a lot, I usually use 2 but if I was wanting something for a big night then:
Foundation
Mascara
Eyeliner
Eye shadow
Powder
trudijoy
8375 posts
what are your two go to things lIsa? I had a 'meh, not leaving the house' day today and did my basic-est face.... illuminating tinted primer, bronzer, highlighter, eyeliner, one shadow shade, brow mascara and pencil, lash mascara and lipgloss
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
BB cream and mascara. My skin is really great right now and I really love a more natural look. I guess I am a bit boring when it comes to make up.
trudijoy
8375 posts
fair! i used to just use bb or foundation, liner, mascara and gloss, but then i got into makeup and now i have all these things i may as well use :p
MareeB
5244 posts
A 5 mixture of botox and surgery!! but cleanser, toner, moisturiser, cc cream, foundation/tinted moisturiser/BB cream and eyeliner are sufficient (just!) for me to leave the house!
tabucutie
1811 posts
5 products seems like a lot but I would probably go with...
-BB/CC cream
-Mascara
-Eyshadow
-Lipstick/Liquid Lipstick
Actually I only need 4. I think I have a more natural look, although I really admire full glam.
shazatron101
5112 posts
depends what for but honestly, just mascara and lipstick. i dont care what my skin looks like, its usually in good enough condition lol and if not well i dont care, i dont have to look at me lmfao
if i had to have a proper full face i'd go bb cream, powder, mascara, lipstick and and eye brow pencil
tannygirl
3392 posts
 I have left the house bare faced many a time. But if I had to do a face of makeup and only had 5 products. I'd pick 

- a good full coverage foundation that self sets/BB cream
- eye primer
- an all in one face palette that has eyeshadows, blush, bronzer and highlight (I actually have one of these it's the In the Balm of Your Hand Volume 2 or I'd pick my Becca Apres Face Palette that has bronzers, blush and highlighters that can double as eyeshadow)
- eyeliner
- lippy

Luckily I wake up with brows that are dark and not sparse and so I'd probably just brush those into place with a spoolie.
thirtywinks
60 posts
That's a pretty good and valid question! This happened to me once when I was in a rush and had like 10minutes to spare.

- a good concealer. I cover my dark bags and make sure I blend them out to look more natural. I like skipping foundation when I can.
- loose powder
- eyebrow pencil w/ sponge applicator
- curlash
- lipstick
Macs
5351 posts
Foundation ,Brow promade ,Mascara, Liquid Lipstick , Eye liner and I’m good to go. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
thats totally cheating, tannygirl!

interesting that some people think 5 is a lot and some people think it's quite hard; 5 seemed like a doable-but-low number to me!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
- foundation
- black eyeliner (I'd also use it to tint my lashes)
- pink lipstick (doubled as blush)
- a natural eyeshadow palette (that could provide a little contouring, highlighting and brow filling)
- setting powder

That's my travelling light make up bag.
Julieal
915 posts
Mine would be cleanser,moisuriser cream.lipstick, mascara,night cream
EliseMM
120 posts
Great question...

Cleanser
Moisturiser
Loreal Pro Glow (I can use it as concealer + foundation)
A shimmery eye shadow that could also be a highlight
My favourite mascara which is currently Lash Princess by Essence
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm going to assume we are talking about five makeup products as I would have used five skincare products already, before putting my face on. So....

foundation or BB cream
eyebrow pencil 
eyeshadow
mascara
lipstick
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yep soozie  I def meant makeup not skincare
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh - in that case it's CC cream, tinted foundation/foundation, natural glow, eye liner and lip gloss.
KiwiLass
174 posts
In order of importance:
Mascara
Eyebrow gel
BB (or CC or light foundation depending on the day)
Eyeshadow (does primer before the shadow count?)
Blush or highlighter (depending on mood)

I rarely use more than the above (and often a lot less), but somestimes a lippy, and if it's a night out I'll do primer then foundation, and layer highlighter over blush plus do a bit of a smokey eye.

siouxsannah
261 posts
Oh, such a tough decision! I would choose:

- Eyebrow pencil
- Foundation
- Eyeshadow
- Lipstick
- Highlighter, or luminising powder
kirstyj
1732 posts
See I don’t mind five products! My weekend face is usually pretty basic.

I’m going;
Concealer - used buffed in all over the face but a bit more layered under my eyes.
Eye liner - because if I don’t my eyes look like they’re sinking into my face.
Mascara - ditto.
Blush - to make me look alive and less flat faced.
Lip product - usually just go for a balm in the weekend but sometimes a colour.

I must admit my weekday face is probably closer to 10-ish!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Also to add that I somewhat cheat at this because my eyebrows are tinted and shaped so they don’t need products if I’m going natural looking.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!