Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Old wives tale

14 posts, 9 members
Mimi-Sheen
37 posts
what old wives tale you believe in? Even if you don't, can you name a few?
I believe in having a hair trim before half moon gives your hair growth a boost.
Well I have never noticed any difference but I still try to trim my hair in first 14 lunar days.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Great thread! Welcome to the forum, Mimi :) Great pic too.

i think I've stopped believing in most of them by now.. maybe cucumber slices to de puff eyes is the only one I'm clinging to, but kinda replaced that with eye masks now.

will have a think, keen to read others!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ones I know but don't believe:
 - if you pull out a grey hair two grow in its place
- shaving makes hair grow faster
- toothpaste on pimples

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
You should brush your hair 100 times before bed
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha marsha marsha marsha!

I cant think of any other than those mentioned... but i can think of "dont pull that face, the wind will change and youll be stuck like that" ahahahahahaha
tannygirl
3392 posts
When I was younger we used to put salt on mouth sores as that supposed made them heal quicker. I used to do the full moon hair trim thing too. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
wonder what modern things will become the next generations 'old wives tales'?

-coconut oil is good for everything!

^^ that's probably one lol
MareeB
5241 posts
Putting a hot teabag on cold sores. Try it at your peril.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Don't roll your eyes or they'll roll back in your head and stay there was one I remember.

Eat up your all carrots and you'll be able to see in the dark is another one (Mum's way of trying to get me to eat my vegetables). To this day I still won't eat carrots unless they are raw or in a casserole so I can't taste them lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh man i thought of a really good one before i fell asleep and i bloody well forgot it! Rude!!
Jessicaparkin
13 posts
I'm from the UK originally where we have lots of stinging nettles. One old wives tail which actually worked was to put toothpaste on nettle stings. Apparently the alkaline toothpaste neutralised the acid stings! Really does work. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm hoping the clean beauty "chemicals are toxic" myth goes away soon! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Toothpaste used to be the cult 'remedy' for hickeys too. 

this was a million years ago when I was in uni but still 
Mimi-Sheen
37 posts
Thank you trudijoy you aren’t so kind :)

I am loving all the responses. I recall another, “if you see yourself too much in the mirror, you will lose your innocent look”

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!