Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Olaplex Products - Worth the Hype?

10 posts, 6 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Wondering if anyone has used or is using Olaplex products.

There is a lot of hype in the media about how it fixes your hair. 

Are they as good as they make out they are?
Lisaanne
72 posts
I'll let you know, the products are not cheap! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've heard of the brand and the hype, but at that price point it's something I'm unlikely to purchase..maybe if it was ever on sale though
Lisaanne
72 posts
Mumof4munchkins I can confirm the hype is justified, best hair product I have ever used! I have the No 6 which is a leave in conditioner. I was concerned about the small bottle, which is only 100ml and $55, I have thick dyed hair which requires lots of conditioner to make it non frizzy and smooth. Olaplex claim if you use this No 6 you will need no other hair products, I think they are right.  

It's truly amazing. Directions say to use a tiny amount, it's am extremely thick cream consistency and I only need a pea sized amount, then I rubbed it between my fingertips and that was enough to cover my mid lengths to ends on my shoulder length hair, so the 100ml bottle will last me ages...yay! 

I then blow dried my hair, it is so super soft and incredibly shiny and frizz free it honestly looks like my hairdresser has done it. And...the claims are right I didn't need to apply Moroccanoil once it was dry. 

This No 6 can also be applied to dry hair according to the directions. 

It  isn't cheap but considering how amazing my hair feels after only one use I will never be without this product from now on. 

I won't be splurging on the shampoo and condition, there's lot of good ones around that aren't as expensive but the No 6 leave in is worth every dollar. 

I got mine from Rrodney Wayne, I notice there are sellers on Trade Me selling Olaplex a bit cheaper. 
Sonnies
137 posts
Wow this sounds amazing. I really wanna try it now (-:
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I’d been wondering about Olaplex also. I’ve been using NAK, as my hair had really bad breakage, and it’s worked really well, but now I’ve come to the end of my NAK conditioner (still have loads of the shampoo smh) I might try the Olaplex also. Pretty sure Onceit sell it for a great price.
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I've been using Olaplex for the last 4 weeks - wondering why I left it so long! Best product ever, and well worth the $$$ - shop around, I got mine from Adore Beauty (they have Afterpay) and just ordered some more from Onceit ($1 shipping and Afterpay).

i first got 3, 4, 5 (3 is a treatment, 4 is shampoo m, 5 is the conditioner). I've just ordered #6, a leave in product, but it hasn't arrived yet. I've used salon only products for years, but this product is defs next level! I could feel a difference in my hair after just one treatment and wash, and now a month later, just using it once a week - I've already noticed less breakage in my hair and I actually feel like I've noticed the it's grown in that time (due to less breakage). 

I highly recommend giving these products a try if you have damaged hair!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooh that is so good to hear. I've been sitting on the fence with this waiting to read more reviews on it. 

Definitely going to purchase and try it for myself now.

Thanks so much for sharing your results x
Tattooprincess
68 posts
An update to my last comment, I’ve been using #6, a leave in conditioner, and love it! I see there’s now an oil, not sure that I’ll rush to buy that, am happy with #3, #4, #5, #6 and will continue with them.
lifeissupa
35 posts
Im going to have to purchase me some of this product. After reading all about it i so badly want it now

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!