Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

'Not available in NZ' products that you stock up on when overseas (regardless of need!)

15 posts, 12 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm obsessed with Victoria's Secret Fresh Face Brightening Gel Cream and make sure I buy that.  I also wear their Bombshell perfume.

I have my second trip this year to Sydney (Third to Aussie this year)  coming up so will be stocking up at Sephora and also checking out what's new with Face of Australia.

I'm in Japan next month (via HK) so that'll be Victoria's Secret again, and also a few things I love from Japan (their tools, like tweezers, are amazing!).  Things from Japan include different colours of makeup (like Korean brands, Japanese ones are a bit different), and things like Lush with Japanese labelling hehe.  Also soaps etc scented with incense, green tea, cherry blossom etc.
For me it is always BB creams and nose strips. I cannot live without nose strips ever. I don't usually focus a lot on skincare but this will always be the exception.
Lutece
1849 posts
I really like the Sephora brand, they have some awesome products, also in Dubai there is this soap I loooooooooove, I get family to bring bags of that home with them :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
I don't get to go abroad but there is items that I must restock from here online that I can't be without, especially the it cosmetics bye bye undereye concealer
Pifithrin
1243 posts
In Stockholm and Copenhagen last year I stocked up on cult products including Nuxe Reve de Miel and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. This year I'm going to France and the UK so more French skincare will be in order!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Kirsty let me know when you order it. Maybe a good few months out if 8 need to save mega pennies. I'd love to wave bye bye under eye
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I havent really gone over seas much in the past... well forever haha but when i went to australia, i went to the discount chemist and stocked up on everything. They were having a mid year sale, which was epic so that was awesome! 
Macs
5351 posts
When I went to the gold coast last year I had no knowledge about make up. Im hoping we go again this year. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs I''d been to Oz twice and Japan/HK a few times as a grown up before I clicked about makeup properly and I'm making up for lost time now :p Work keep sending me away for free so I figure that is a good reason to buy pretties.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I used to spend hours in Japanese drug stores, looking at stuff but not buying much due to not having a clue what most of it was! I loved all the big boxes of bathsalts and still have a few of those left.
jaybeejack
116 posts
I dont get overseas often but when I get to Aussy I spend hours scrolling through the aisles at Priceline (good thing there is always a beer close for the waiting hubby). God I love that place! I always pick up a bunch of new things to try. Bring Priceline to NZ!

The one thing I do always pick up though is the Soap and Glory Breakfast Smooth Scrub (smells sweet and delicious like maple) and its amazeballs. It has oat, sugar & shea and I LOVE it! You get it at Mecca.
jalb88
121 posts
I have a friend going to america very soon so would love to know what brands are  cheaper over there? Shes offered to get me some beauty products so I'd love to know what you gals would reccomend!! xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
My friend brought me some Urban Decay from the States - eye pencils, and they are amazing, but I believe their palettes are also epic.
janini9
341 posts
I haven't been overseas for some time, but I have bought so many makeup items from outside NZ from info supplied by BR enablers without even going to the airport. 
Just had a haul of lippys and glosses from Anastasia Beverley Hills arrive on the doorstep yesterday, so being flightless isn't a barrier to accumulating stashes from over the yonder. 
However, I am rather envious of all the lucky ones who are traipsing around in foreign shops - that experience would be so much fun.
chikoboo
3402 posts
jalb88 it is not so much that certain brands are cheaper more that they are more exclusive to the States and are harder to get here in NZ without ordering off of a US site =) My suggestions for you would be to look at Urban Decay, Too Faced and Sephora brand (they have amazing products in their house brand like eye pencils, lipsticks, etc that rival or compare on par with the higher priced counterparts) Checking out Ulta stores would be high on my list too as they have exclusive items that they won't ship via Youshop or directly to NZ so can only be purchased whilst over there, carrying brands at cheaper prices.  Check out Sephora and Ulta websites to get a feel of the products you can get and use xe.com to convert against prices here in NZ to see what is actually cheaper over there. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!