Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Night routine

12 posts, 10 members
Hi, does everyone have a night routine you follow daily? i:e remove make up, cleanse, night cream etc...  And do you find your routine different during winter versus summer?
Kimrose
1419 posts
I pretty much follow the same routine but on a Sunday if time permits I will do the extra things like hair removal and masks. Nothing really changes between seasons for me
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have the same routine at home and if I’m away for work: oil cleanse (body shop, ZA or clinique) followed by gel cleanser, Mario spray and a moisturiser. Moisturisers are either the clinique hydration gel (I’m obsessed with this) or Nivea soft which is my perfect face cream and costs practically nothing! I use an eye cream and a couple times a week I use a serum, sleeping mask, oil or sheet mask depending, and maybe once a week I do gel eye packs. 

Away  from home it depends. In Asia was largely the same. At the moment in Fiji today’s the first day I’ve worn makeup at all since I got here so ..... just a good gel cleanse at night followed by the mario spray and Nivea soft is enough 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My routine is the same all year round, but I do switch to a lighter night cream or use serum only in summer, and then use both serum and a richer night cream in winter.  

My routine consists of: 
- oil cleanse (with Palmers Facial Cleansing Oil) to remove make-up
- 2nd cleanse with foaming cleanser to remove oily residue
- apply serum
- apply night cream

On Monday’s and Friday’s I skip the serum and night cream and use an overnight mask instead, and I exfoliate once a week, usually on a day when I haven’t been wearing make-up to avoid triple cleansing. 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I get dry, spotty skin and it is definitely worse in the winter. I just switch things up depending on how my skin is on the day. But my routine usually consists of:

La Roche Posay effaclar foaming cleanser or garnier charcoal face wash followed by La Roche Posay serozinc toner, La Roche Posay effaclar duo if I have spots, then if I need a boost Linden Leaves facial oil, always use clean and clear essentials moisturiser.
On sunday I do a mask, either clay or sheet mask. Also use st ives apricot scrub a couple times a week.
Have been going make up free a lot lately and my face is loving it. 

Macs
5351 posts
I try my best to do skincare . Get lazy some days and just cleanse and face product lol 

My routine is : 

Clarins Cleanser, Evolu Toner, Clarins Day or night cream . Sunscreen over the top for day. Serum at night . 

My skin is super dry in winter . I’m needing a Trilogy Rosehip oil in addition. Swap in between that and Eco Store Face oil . 

Im adding a face scrub once a week for that excess dry skin I have . 

I do a face mask once a week. This week I did Tony Moly Tomatox last week was Queen Helene Mint Julep . 

I also once a week give my face a massage with facial oil . 

Looking forward to reading the latest trial reviews for skincare. 

tabucutie
1811 posts
My night routine is usually the same. Remove makeup, cleanse, tone, oil (i'm loving the Evolu Rosehip & Friends i'm using at the moment) followed by night cream.

I have noticed I prefer a heavier moisturising cream in the winter, not that my skin gets that dry I just find it gives me better results.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I purchased the skinfood bundle last night when I couldn't sleep. So will incorporate that into the mix now. $25 for cleanser, light moisturiser and a serum. Haven't tried the serum  before but it has a few great reviews:-)
MareeB
5244 posts
I love Skinfood but I'm not liking the serum. I prefer oily serums.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've been loving the Eco Tan by Sonya Driver at the moment. 

My routine is to have a shower, really opens up the pores, and use the Citrus cleanser first. Then I apply the exfoliating scrub - either the Himalayan Salt Scrub or the Super Acai Exfoliator. I spray the Toner on when I'm out the shower while I'm drying myself off so it can soak into my skin. Then I use the Super Fruit Hydrator followed by the Glory Oil which is amazing. Nearly finished my first bottle. Before bedtime I apply the Eye Compost. 

Once or twice a week at night, I use the Mask. Full of seaweed, kale, anti-oxidants that leave my skin feeling super smooth. 

I love this range so much. Just repurchased the Glory Oil, Acai Exfoliator and also purchased The Hemp Tan Oil and Glory Lips lipbalm.

Sorry that post was a bit long winded lol 
tamaraxo
12 posts
I've been removing my makeup first, then cleansing (one night I use a gentler cleanser, the next a more deeper one), toning, using a serum or oil if I feel like it lol, and then a night cream and eye cream.

Once a week I use a mask and once a week I do a face scrub.

In Winter my skin usually gets pretty dry and I use more hydrating, heavier products, especially moisturisers and night creams. In Summer I always find myself being more lax with my skincare routine.

MareeB
5244 posts
I remove any make up then cleanse, then tone sometimes, and during the night I apply and reapply eye cream and an oily serum. I was using the Skinfood serum but it doesn't work as well for me as oily serums or oils. I've used some great ones since being on BR - the latest being Oasis serum and Linden Leaves aromatherapy oil. Both are delicious.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!