Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

New Years Celebrations

26 posts, 11 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I know we are all still getting over Christmas but keen to know how you are all spending New Years.

We're having a bit of a party out at Mum and Dad's as we didnt see them at Christmas. Will be catching up with all my family and we tend to get a little crazy, so karaoke, dancing and games will be all happening lol.

What are all your plans?
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm off to Vanuatu tomorrow to see in the new year, easily the most exciting NY plans I've had in years lol 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hopefully in bed early asleep hahahaha oh sleep i miss you
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
My partner is at sea so this year I will be by myself. Maybe a pamper night and movies with munchie food. @Mumof3 that sounds like a fun family night! @Trudi omg amazing! I look forward to hearing all about it and seeing what goodies you buy! @Shaz I love sleep...I hope bubs blesses you with some soon x
trudijoy
8375 posts
Probably not so much with the shopping on this trip Lisa :) 

we'll see though lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Hubby and I have a New Years Eve tradition that started a few years back ... Every year on NYE, we buy the Gold Class Date Night Movie package and go to see the latest Star Wars movie. It’s probably the only time we actually go to a cinema, haha. 

These past few few years they’ve stopped doing a late show, our tickets are for 5pm this year, so we’ll be stopping off at one of the local beaches on our way home for a stroll along the beach at sunset (I think we walked Big Manly last year).  Then it’s home to watch TV and make sure that the FurKid is tucked up safe under a blanket and locked inside, hiding away from the fireworks, before we crack the sparkling wine and sneak outside without the FurKid noticing, so that we can watch the neighbourhood firework displays and wish our neighbours a Happy New Year before heading off to sleep.

I do wish they’d make a noiseless version of fireworks, but I doubt that it’s possible. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm working every day/night until 10 January so any time not at work is in bed!!! I finish work at 9pm New Years eve so I'll be in bed by 9.30.....
Helibabi
101 posts
I’m boring and hopefully will be sleeping zzz... I have a 3 month old so l take any chance I can get for some extra zzzs. But hopefully I won’t have to cook dinner that would be a nice way to finish off the year and welcome in the new one with no dishes to be done. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Shouldnt complain, she actually sleeps really well. I dont, but that's cos the sleep is broken but i get enough to be a functioning member of society hahahahahahahahaha

So my actual plans will be to watch whatever movies are on until i can smash my face into the pillow :-D

I cant remember if its this thread but lol trudi, you? Not shopping? On holiday!? Hahahahahahaha tui ad ;-P
trudijoy
8375 posts
i don't think it's a huge shopping destination lol 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Sounds like everyone has some great plans!

My husband works every NYE and NYDAY. I'll be dropping my husband in the city for work and waiting for the countdown to the fireworks. Our whole relationship so far the last 7 years we always watch the fireworks together, it's nice.
Kimrose
1416 posts
I am working NYD so it will be a quiet night for us. Husband has 1st and 2nd off so he has to amuse himself.  I like to work the public holidays as I can get the day in lieu. We usually manage to take a break together in February or March.

Whatever you all are up to stay safe and wishing you all the best new year ever xxx
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm doing a very slow road trip through the North Island which will see me in Auckland for New Years. Just taking my time and catching up with people along the way, stopping at quirky cafes and landmarks. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Trudi I hope you arrived in Vanuatu safely :-) Looks like it's going to be glorious weather here this week.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Lisa, here relaxing. The resort is stunning!
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Wow...lot's of great holiday ideas... Wish that would be me next year hahahaha =D
trudijoy
8375 posts
For those of you (SHAZ) who didn't believe me, I bought very little in Vanuatu!

- local chocolate (Aelan brand, which means 'island' in Bislama, and the variants are named for each of the islands in Vanuatu)
- local coffee, Tanna brand 
- coconut soap
- a cute little dish that looks a bit like Paua shell, probs just plastic 
- magnets for my 'been there' board
- ridiculously cheap duty free booze (seriously, 3 x 1L bottles... Absolut Mango vodka, Johnnie Walker, Gordon's Pink Gin = $52 NZ)
- 'extra cheesy' twisties (probably imports from Aus like most of the non local food)
- two hair flowers, bc I have them from everywhere in the islands I've been
- three postcards which I'll get around to framing for display one day 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahahahahahaha ;-P
tabucutie
1811 posts
Local chocolate! Does it taste good trudi? It's one thing I'm guaranteed to buy wherever I go lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
haven't actually tried it yet lol - will give you my thoughts when i do :D 
Kimrose
1416 posts
I love that you have magnets! We have them on our fridge.  Sounds like a lovely place to relax Trudi.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I had mine on the fridge until I bought a chrome fridge, then I bought an A3 magnet board in Kmart. It's full, I need another!

such a cheap and easy way to mark my travels in a visible way :) 

I also try and buy Christmas tree decorations wherever possible, especially in local images or languages  
trudijoy
8375 posts
And yup Kim, it was lovely! 

the resort is called Iririki - totally recommend it
Kimrose
1416 posts
Trudi, we were looking at Hawaii this year because we haven't been there but we have decided to spend some money on our new house and get the outside to how we want it. Have you been to Hawaii? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup! Once as a kid and once in 2018.

i stayed at a hotel a block back off Waikiki instead of a resort, and did heaps just in Waikiki. If I go back I'd love to check out the other islands 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Went to Hawaii just over a year and a half ago. Also stayed in Waikiki, Hawaii is a great place to visit. I hope to go back again in a couple of years.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!