Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

New Mecca Store in Christchurch

22 posts, 13 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   So I was scrolling through fb last night and there's going to be a new Mecca store in Christchurch. I'm going to go because I've never been to a Mecca Store opening and there's bound to be some good deals which rarely happens at Mecca. So from those who've gone to Mecca store openings what was your experience and do you have any advice for me? Also anyone in Christchurch planning on coming to the opening event tomorrow?
Sonnies
137 posts
Is meccas like sephora? 
Helibabi
101 posts
I’m going to go check it out Monday after my hospital visit there’s an eyeshadow I want. If you make it in keep me posted if the store was worth the visit or if I should just go online. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’ve been to two Mecca opening days. The prices are no different but there’s usually a lucky dip GWP, and a goodie bag for the first people in on the morning - how many goodie bags seems to change door to door. 

One lucky dip I got was a sheet mask, the other was a full sized Urban Decay primer. There are often a few extra samples knocking around too. 

Btw Mecca do amazing sales at least once a year and constantly give away free stuff :) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I’ve been to one opening. I went later in the day so didn’t have to queue to get in. They gave out drinks and chocolates, had a claw machine with Meccamax goodies in and gave out deluxe minis of their sunscreen with purchases. I also spent enough to qualify for the lucky dip. I got a Mecca cosmetica lip balm (I have so many of these now lol) and my friend got a Bumble and Bumble mini. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yes Sonnies - very similar concepts. Sephora is French, Mecca is Australian 
tamaraxo
12 posts
Oooh exciting! Wish I lived in Christchurch lol
I’ll try and get there at the weekend  :-)
Sonnies
137 posts
Thank you trudi hehe im new to all this stuff
MareeB
5244 posts
Lucky Christchurch! I wonder if Dunedin will ever get one ..
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Okay I just got back from the new Mecca store. Whoever can make it should totally make the trip. There's lucky dip bags if you spend $85 or more in store and it's all fullsized products from different brands Mecca sells. It could be anything! I first got a gift card to try and qualify but it didn't you have to buy products so I splurged on that Dr Dennis Gross Retinol and Ferulic Eye Serum I had been wanting for ages. There was also free coffee or hot chocolate or whatever Baristas make in a takeaway cup and donuts to munch on. Honestly, I arrived for the opening but I could've come later and still enjoyed everything just the same, although I did grab the only Dr Dennis Gross Eye Serum on the shelf. 

I waited till I got home to check what I got in my lucky dip and I squealed when I unwrapped the Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes palette. Omg I talked myself out of buying it multiple times! I'm so thrilled I got it as a freebie. I just love boring matte brown gradient palettes because I love transition shades! 
Susilia
484 posts
How lucky, tannygirl! :)

I have had today off, but I live 2.5 hrs away from Christchurch sadly, I would’ve loved to go.

I was considering sending a friend of mine to shop for me and send the goodies in the post, but I decided not to inconvenience anyone with my mecca addiction, lol! :D 
Helibabi
101 posts
What a score tannygirl. 
I will definitely be paying it a visit on Monday.. I want to see some items in person. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That’s amazing tannygirl! I don’t know how you waited to get home to open it. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, I wouldn’t be surprised if they opened in Dunedin. They always seem to be opening new stores. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ahhhh you lovelies are so lucky to have a Mecca. I can't see one opening in Whangarei but it would be amazing if they did. For now I'll just have to keep shopping online lol.
MareeB
5244 posts
It wouldn't surprise me either. The populations have exploded everywhere down here in the south - everywhere's a city (well, city in the making...)
Macs
5351 posts
I never went to openings . Only because they would fall within work hours :(   

Cant wait to see haul pics . 
MareeB
5244 posts
I agree! I reckon Dunedin could accommodate at least one of those shops now :)
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I’m coming down to Christchurch in a couple of weeks, where is the Mecca store? 
KLO24
6 posts
I'm another vote for Dunedin to get a Mecca.  I'm also wondering if Sephora will try and complete elsewhere now it has a foot in the door in Auckland...  I'm super jealous of your haul tannygirl!!  I'll have to wait until the new year before I can get there! :(
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I finally get to go to Sephora in October but I’m still hoping for a Wellington one. I’m not keen to order online from them at all. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!