Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR/BR - New Years Resolutions

13 posts, 9 members
kirstyj
1732 posts
Absolutely love Nats article on NY's resolutions. Some gems in there about goal setting that I think are awesome.

Personally my goal for the next year is to read more. I have set myself a minimum of 12 books in the year (one a month). I like to make things measurable so you know when you have hit them, or if you are on target.

What I'm having trouble with is my beauty goal (and yes I already SPF every single day! :P ). I want to continue to clear out my collection, which I'm doing really well with. But it is quite hard to make that measurable! Maybe a one in one out rule this year?

So what are your goals for the coming year? Would love to hear them whether BR or NBR.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mines mines pretty much to enjoy life. Save a bit more and travel a bit more, buy a bit less but buy amazing things, drop the ten kg that's been hovering ( I can do it I've just been in the wrong headspace) and get back to feeling attractive and worthy by making sure I'm looking after myself physically and emotinally
kirstyj
1732 posts
Love it Trudi! Especially the bit about looking after yourself physically and emotionally. That is what the reading more is about for me - getting that emotional balance right.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I have yet to set any goals, but I know as the year was heading towards Christmas I stated alot about the new year being about continuing to move forward.
2016 has been such a hectic year, & yes I know I'm not the only one that's had alot going on but with me taking in extra children, being a single parent having no whanau in immediate access & starting up work part time teaching in 2 schools doing 9 classes each day for me has been hectic and felt like my own personal goal of returning to work & creating a career for my kids future was a little threatened by having the extra tamariki (don't get me wrong I love my neices that's why I have then with me, it is quite a strain on one adult) but now with good insight & wisdom given to me I know that I've been given this privledge of being a whangai mum /aunty because we need to be stretched to grow. My neices have had a awesome year & next year all 5 kids will be at school.

Although my physical body has grown somewhat wider I do know my resilience & other skills have developed more.
So my main goal is to keep moving forward. Another which is cliche is to loose weight because I've become the size of an all black prop but not in the muscle way just straight fat. One good thing out of being overweight is that my blood pressure is great, I usually have low blood pressure , I have no pre diabetes, my cholesterol is fine & I'm other wise healthy. Also I want to be more grateful for things instead being sorry being thankful. So I guess I do have resolutions after writing all this. :)

BR I just want to keep on track with my needs & wants & eventually own am Alex drawer in 2017 to fill .
Macs
5351 posts
2016 had a bad start for me . But I managed to pick myself up. This year I hope to study nursing. Been pondering about it all year.  If I do well this year it will be a full year smoke free in october . I'm hoping to commit to loosing all this weight I put on since I quit smoking.  Im at my heaviest I've been in a long time. I freaked out when I saw the number.

My BR goal is to hit 600 reviews this year. Ultimate dream would be a thousand reviews in two to three years time. Also would be to do a wing liner effortlessly and have no bad wing days lol 

I wish everyone here a happy new year. I look forward to seeing what the new year will bring to Beauty Review and my own life. 

MareeB
5244 posts
2016 was pretty negative for me too, especially the last few months.

I haven't really got any resolutions per se, but I am aiming to keep improving my health, keep working to make my section more easy to maintain, and I'd like to say no to the things I don't want to do and the people I don't want to be around, and, this may surprise anyone who knows me, but to speak up more. I'm pretty outspoken already but sometimes I fall down on letting people get away with putting me down and I need to be sharper at responding to that.

For BR, I'll like to keep slogging towards 400 :) and continue to enjoy BBBE, which has been a very big feature of 2016!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Sorry to hear that this year has been so tough on so many. Onwards and upwards!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Mine can be summed up to have more balance in my life. I want to balance things out rather than be an all or nothing type of person because all work and no play isn't fun and lazing around after getting burnt out trying to do everything is not good either. On the beauty side of things I would like to paint my nails more often.
Mine is to stop buying so much and use up what I have. I got a bunch of stuff decluttered already and told myself I can get rid of any of my cheaper palettes as soon as I hit major pan on three shades.
Koni
444 posts
I agree Kirsty! After reading Nat's article I took out a notepad and started recording my beauty inventory this morning. Within half an hour I regretted starting it haha but I pushed on until I took the last pic. 

I've decided on the rule that for every beauty product I buy in 2017 that I must remove 2 of the same product type from my collection which will force me to really think about whether I love the item that much.  I've excluded those that I find easy to pan (i.e. perfumes, foundations, face powders, moisturisers, makeup wipes and mascaras).

Big virtual hugs to those who had a not-so-great start to 2016 - here's hoping that you all had an incredible start to 2017!!

Happy belated new year BR lovelies xx
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Considering the main 2 on my list are eat better and move more. I think it will go ok till it gets cold and then will fall off completely but if I see some results I should keep it up. I should make the effort to go to bed at a reasonable hour as well.
Getting my wardrobe ripped out and replaced is needed so I can put stuff away properly and figure out what I use and what I don't for a small clean out, there is some saving needed for that first. Clearing off any debt and getting a savings plan in place generally.
MareeB
5244 posts
That's a good plan Koni. You've inspired me to unpack all of my products out of their gift boxes today, at least that way I can throw out the plastic and cardboard that are taking up so much space!
trudijoy
8375 posts
NY resolutions on point... just booked myself a tropical break for Easter.

Side note - super proud of myself, been putting this off for way too long, first because I didn't feel like I could book with how dad was then because i just couldn't deal with planning for any time in the future.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!