Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR working from home

76 posts, 17 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Macs: wow that's a bit rough. I hope your work place and the public can appreciate you being there to do your job. I hope you get the rest and relaxation you deserve.

It's me, my husband and a cat we adopted today (Rufus) in our household. My husband has taken paid leave for the next two weeks but after that will be required to do 7 days onsite (sleeping and eating as well as work 12 hours  but on call for the rest of the hours), then home for 7 days. Until further notice. It's gonna be really strange and somewhat lonely.  But we all gotta cope in these unique times right. Keeping positive.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh tabu if you get lonely feel free to faceache me, i love chatting with you :-D
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hey Shaz, thanks for that. I enjoy chatting with you too, will keep in mind :)
AboutFace
413 posts
I feel for you Macs I'm in the same situation. We have customers early in the morning and as the crowd builds we only let a certain amount in throughout the day. Cleaning between each customer to keep everyone safe.
Take care ladies and stay safe praying for a good outcome  :-)

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Day 1 of the lockdown started great....my partner made me breakfast in bed lol he's never ever done that so I was shocked to say the least! Hmmmm now I'm thinking what does he want lol. Hope you all are relaxing at home and try enjoy this stressful time with your family or flatmates x
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hhahahahahaha oh lisa that sounds awesome! But suspicious.. but perhaps he just loves you ;-P

My 1st day of lockdown started at 5am when i woke up and had a mild panic about everything, but its going well otherwise. Thursday is and always will be grocery day so i did that and it was.. unnerving to see my local with bare shelves. But otherwise normal!

And annoyingly, the only vegenite available is the bloody gluten free one!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Breakfast in bed sounds lovely!

Day 1 so far has consisted of work. No traffic, rarely any people or cars. It's quiet but nice.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Did he want 'dessert' after breakfast Lisa ? ;) 

im on day 13 I think, not really counting. Days crammed full of helping teachers. 

went for a walk, got mad at parents letting their kids touch everything and play in the playground. 

made a healthy dinner 

also managed to get an online shopping delivery slot so have a countdown top up coming to match the fresh food box and keep me going for a couple weeks 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm studying from home. I think it's great for people who had some DIY projects with the house or garden (and had the materials), some online classes they wanted to take, books they wanted to read or wanted to do some home workouts or learn to cook some new dishes (probably wait a couple weeks till the ingredients they want is back in stock) or organise their home.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahahaha Trudi! Too bad if he did! I stuffed my face then went back to sleep lol!
I've been busy trying to train our new puppy.  Omg the bitey little critter!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol! Love it.

man this has been a weird week. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I didn't go for my usual walk today so I definitely want to get out tomorrow.  I saw a few people out on bikes and getting fresh air. Just hope people don't start taking the mick!
I also made a loaf of bread lol. First attempt and it was a bit flat and heavy.  I love trying new things though so should master it after 4 weeks surely lmao
trudijoy
8375 posts
me and my umbrella went for a walk this morning in some light, misty rain that was keeping others inside.  was great!  no people, really refreshing :) 
MareeB
5244 posts
There's plenty of people out and about around here. I'm wondering if anyone has been watching the news ..
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm about to brave the supermarket for the first time in a week. Haven't left my bubble since Monday.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I saw a few idiots out and about. Cars with more than one person in. The guy who was buying the essentials that consisted of one box of beer. They obviously don't realise that this type of behaviour will mean we're in lock down for more than four weeks. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
So I am at work as usual. They have split us into 2 teams so some of my work friends wont see each other until this lockdown is over. There are people who are really taking the piss. I am super angry. We have to question everyone that enters the pharmacy.  People come in as couples (totally unnecessary!) One lady came to buy perfume, kne for shoes and one for make up and hair dye. And then we had two come to steal perfume. I actually have no words for their stupidity 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh Kim! This makes me so bad too! These people just don't get it! None of those items are necessary. All we need right now is food and medicine. Who really cares what you like right now when peoples lives are at stake? Can you imagine if the govement had allowed the warehouse to stay open?
tabucutie
1811 posts
Oh wow, that's so unnecessary. I had wondered if people would abuse the privilage of Chemist Warehouse staying open. I imagine in some ways its definitely for the best the Warehouse isn't open. You would get all sorts going to get games etc.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hi everyone, hope you're all safe and well xx

I've been working from home since the lockdown and it is so hard to focus when hubby and the 3 kids are around arghhh lol.

Unfortunately its still business as usual for me, end of month blah blah blah but from home and it really does feel weird, almost surreal (think that's the word). 

Starting to go a little stir crazy if I'm honest and have been trying to encourage the kids to get out in the back yard and get some exercise. My little mini me and I were dancing around the house and then outside to our favourite music, should have seen the neighbours amused faces from over the fence lol.
Macs
5351 posts
Hi Kim,

I can relate a lot of our staff have been reduced due to this virus. I'm waiting nervously to find out what will happen to my job . Their making us permenant workers take annual leave .  We've had a lot of theft as well and abuse from customers lately . Stressful time at the moment. Can't wait for it to end. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, that sucks that they're making you take annual leave! It's hardly a holiday. I really feel for everyone who has uncertainty around their jobs at this time.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
It is sad to hear about people being complete idiots during this time and you ladies having to deal with it! I think I would lose my marbles. It will hopefully only been a minor disruption in our lives and a few months down the track lets hope most of it is behind us. Thinking of you all x
Kimrose
1419 posts
Take care Macs, retail staff are so undervalued and we do get abused by trying to keep to the rules and keep everyone safe. Makes me a bit sad and mad.
AboutFace
413 posts
There are definitely a lot of people who don't take it seriously. Honestly is just buying booze and crisps or two bottles of fizzy essential items? Not to mention people who come through twice or even three times a day necessary. They are being selfish and not considering the health of those of us in retail grrr. 
Because a member of my family has a health issue and people aren't taking it seriously I've decided to stay home it's not worth the risk.
Kat555
143 posts
This is a lovely positive place to come and read comments. Thanks ladies. Uncertain times can put a lot of pressure of people.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!