Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR What Do You Miss About Lockdown?

21 posts, 12 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Don't know if this is too soon but just another thought for today. We have 3 teams in our office and the last team  is back at work today and it's noticeably noisier. It's a bit irritating as I have enjoyed the quietness (they are a particularly chatty, laugh a lot bunch). I did not miss them. It got me thinking what have you missed about lockdown being over? 

I miss the no traffic, less cars on the road, no road noise or any noise for that matter. It was really quiet in the suburbs. I miss the families and couples walking everyday, it was nice to see people actually spending time together without their phones. I miss cooking and baking more. However in saying that, it is something I have slightly retained as I did enjoy home made food and treats.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
It's not a massive diff for me as not working but I'm not a hugely confident driver so I loved the quiet roads so much. I use to do the groceries at 8am on a Saturday but over lockdown it was mental atsat thisIthis time so I moved to a Friday night about 6pm. Now we're on level 1 Friday evening traffic is quite busy which I struggle with ...
shazatron101
5112 posts
It wasnt a huge difference for me to be honest but i also miss the silence (close to main road, and train track but i like the trains so.. yeah haha)

I miss people actually keeping their feckin distance and if i had to take the kid with me to market theyd back the eff away but now its a damn free for all and ooh touchy touchy and mummy gets stabby stabby and grouchy grumpy hahaha

I miss having the excuse of lockdown not to see people as well bahaha

trudijoy
8375 posts
i've been working from home right through so day-to-day not THAT much changes except for I no longer need to coordinate myself to book online groceries, and i'm walking less (need to fix that).

I miss the lack of expectation to do things.

I feel like i have to 'use my weekends' again, and during lockdown i really really really just was able to feel okay about holing up at home reading and didn't feel like I 'should' be doing things.  I'm feeling 'should-y' again and it's not great. 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I definitely miss the quiet roads! I liked knowing that nobody was going to just turn up lol I really hate that especially when I've put my fat pants on and chilling out with a bag of chips lmao.

shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh yeah trudi thats a huge one for us as well, my partner feels like we SHOULD be going out to do things im like ? No??? Hahahahaha. Its okay if its just a park walk in which we sneakily feed the ducks, apparently youre not allowed to anymore! but yeah im like who are u and what have you done with the real man!!?? Hahahaha 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I don't miss it at all. For me it just made working more stressful. Looking forward to the Christmas holidays though.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
We live on a busy main road and during lockdown there was hardly any traffic, which meant my house was literally dust-free.  I was only cleaning & dusting once a week during lockdown.  Now that the traffic is back to its usual craziness, I'm back to dusting certain rooms 2-3 times a week (and it's not something I enjoy doing, but I can't have clients seeing dusty surfaces). 
AboutFace
412 posts
I miss the neighbours dogs not barking, now things are back to normal there are a couple of neighbours whose dogs continually bark more than ever. I dont miss the grumpy impatient people who complained as if it's our fault. Now that we're at level 1 people are more relaxed and happier and I'm just fine with that.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol I forgot about that one! We have 2 dogs constantly barking while the owner is at work.....it was bliss not listening to them during lockdown 
MareeB
5239 posts
I loved the lack of traffic and lack of noise, and I loved being able to see more birds and hear their beautiful singing. A couple of less friendly colleagues went on leave and are now back too, so actually I quite enjoyed the lockdown in a lot of ways.
Macs
5351 posts
I do miss the quiet roads. I do miss family time . I don't miss the workload or stressful customers I faced on a daily during covid. 

Oh I can relate to you Maree in regards to the colleagues at work. 

Big redundancies in the pipeline due to covid in all departments at work . Everyone is feeling anxious about jobs . That's all everyone is talking about on breaks . 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I agree Maree, definitely some pros.

I know the thread started with me being ranty about my colleagues but after the initial excitement it all calmed down. Yes, the snack spread table was a nice touch.

siouxsannah
261 posts
I miss being able to walk in the sunshine each afternoon. I also liked having the seat free next to me on the bus because of social distancing. It was nice that the roads were so quiet too.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Thinking again, being able to get a park right outside work all day and ignore any time limits and parking payments was quite nice. But now the city is alive again I can walk home more comfortably which is probably better for my waistline.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Agree on the parking! Right outside my work, free parking, guaranteed spots. Even though I cant do that anymore have been able to use my cousins carpark as she is still working from home. Saving me money,  so grateful.

As the days go on, i feel like I'm adjusting well. Still sad about the evening rush hour traffic, uh well.
Kimrose
1415 posts
I worked through being essential, Hunband worked from home. That saved us 100$a week in his petrol, winning! I saved petrol as there was no other traffic on the roads. There was something quite eerie in the morning's being the only one out. I feel we were busier than we should have been, considering we were at level 4 lockdown.  So much hair dye and hair removal creams were sold. That begs the question, define essential purchases
There is a couple of hohouses being built acacross the road from us anand the Saturday mornings were nice and quiet during lockdown.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I know it's a typo, but hohouses gave me the lols 
tabucutie
1811 posts
We saved about $100 on gas per week plus an extra $20 per week in parking. However got swallowed up with extra stocking up the pantry bits and pieces to avoid supermarkets, dairies and gas stations.

"Essential" definitely has a different definition to each person. I bought hair dye but it was while I was af the supermarket not a special trip.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Hahahaha always gotta build more hohouses in the community 
Kimrose
1415 posts
Haha...omg!!! I didn't realize what I wrote. But yes, there are never enough hohouses!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!