Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR: Walking Shoe Suggestions?

25 posts, 8 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Walking my current shoes into the ground, can anyone recommend any good walking shoe brands or styles? I am heavier set. Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thank you :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Heya. I wear Skechers arch fit and find them very comfortable.  They don't have laces which I love, easy to slip on and off :-)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Sketchers are super lightweight and very comfortable, but I found the soles on mine wore out very quickly.  I now have a pair of ASICS GT-Duomax, and they're the best walking shoes I've ever owned.  Great arch support, nice cushioned sole with plenty of grip, and a breathable mesh fabric upper that helps keep my feet cool. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I had a couple of pairs of those muscle toning sneakers with kind of a rolling sole (you can't run in them). I found them very comfortable for walking. I don't think you can buy them now, but they were great. I like Asics brand for sneakers as well - every pair I've had has fitted properly around my whole foot and has good arch support.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I've got Asics gels and they're still going strong nearly 5 years on.

They are more expensive but if you've got a Shoe Clinic near you, I've found them really good for getting long lasting, supportive sneakers.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I killed my New Balance fuelcell ones I loved and had to blind buy in lockdown so went these

they're really comfy but a little narrow at the top so take a bit if getting on. 

i also ordered Skechers cheap on Onceit but they're yet to arrive. 

ASICS was the other brand I considered but I found the NB ones on clearance for $90 so...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I only just discovered onceit Trudi. I ordered some Havaianas from there and they arrived so quickly! Skechers are a good price so I grabbed another pair. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Awesome suggestions I'll check em all out. Thank you!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I only recently discovered them too Lisa - they had a top I wanted from Aim'n that was out of stock on the Aim'n site, and I got a Kathmandu singlet and two paids of Skechers too.  The skechers should arrive today with any luck 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks for mentioning Onceit. Picked up 2 pairs of Skechers but I really like all the styles, want to buy more shoes.
siouxsannah
261 posts
Yes, thanks for the tip about Skechers on Onecit. I use Onecit quite a lot, but I didn't realise they had Skechers on there - and at such a good price! My favourite pair of walking shoes have started to wear out, so I need some new ones.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I feel like we'll  all have matching skechers soon!

i got the black lace up ones with mint and pink detail, and the blue pull on ones with rainbow detail 
tabucutie
1811 posts
It's like a 2 for one purpose. Nice walking shoes and then looks good with my casual outfits. Seriously tempted to pick up a couple more pairs.

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I always go for the ones with no laces, they slip on and off easily. I hate laces lol. Always great to have a few pairs :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
I saw the no laces ones. I think I got a pair, it looked really nice. Generally prefer laces though.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yea mine have like elastic threaded through.  I ain't got no time for laces lol.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Awesome!

Mines on its way, got shipping dets today, yay!
siouxsannah
261 posts
I ordered an all-black pair with no laces too. They don't even have elastic criss-crossed on the front, just stretchy fabric I think. Yes, we will all have matching pairs of Skechers soon!
MareeB
5239 posts
I just bought some white sneakers from The Warehouse to wear with my jeggings. I need to get cooler like you ladies!!
Kimrose
1415 posts
I really like New Balance because like you I am heavy set. These shoes also have a width size so I find them super comfy and really well fitting
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've now written a list of shoes to try, Thanks all for commenting.  :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
These are soo comfy! And great for all day wear. Many compliments on the styles too. Perfect for casual, dressy casual wear. Keen to get a couple more pairs when next on sale.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
What shoes did you end up getting?
Kimrose
1415 posts
I carry some extra weight and I find New Balance shoes are amazing because the come in different widths as well as length
tabucutie
1811 posts
Skechers Dynamo 2.0 and another pair of Skeechers but I threw out the box, can't remember style name.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!