Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Nbr the idiot hours

77 posts, 19 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
It is raining. I am trying to burp she who does not sleep. I have just finished Peaky Blinders and I'm mourning because nothing seems good in comparison or perhaps I'm just tired lol

I only have netflix so if anything is worth watching please let me know! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hope you both got some sleep! Great thread I watch soooh much netflix. I binged Daybreaker series this weekend  it's a quirky comedy really enjoyed it. The A List is a teen thriller series, slow start but strong finish. Ooh the I Land thriller series that was good. Marianne French horror series. Forensic Files real crime investigations. Extreme engagement series. The wave Norwegian disaster film with English subtitles. Slasher solstice horror series. Tell me who I am bio documentary was really good. Fractured movie psychological thriller. Insatiable series. The Last Czars biographical history series. You me her series. Ooh Mind Hunter crime detective series.

Probably more than you were wanting. But let me know what genres your interested in and I'll what else I can  recommend. 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Do you like American or Asian, modern/ Historical, comedy or romance? Detective/ Mystery? Drama series or short movies? ;D. I usually do a google for the top movies on net flix and choose from there hahahaha =D. I enjoy Asian historical and modern romance or detective/ mystery dramas so my recommendation list would probably be a little different to your liking hahahaha =D
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
You poor thing! I hope she settles into a sleep routine soon. I watched The Santa Clarita Diet which I really liked.  Bates Motel. Insatiable. Shameless. Kath and Kim lol. It can take me a few episodes to really get into something. The new Breaking Bad movie is on there now. I'm not a doco fan so can't recommend any. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
No sleep for the wicked my friends lmao. So many recommendations yaaay!! Ive put a few on my list to try in tonight's.. tomorrows? Idiot hours haha

So as mentioned i watched (And loved) peaky blinders, i was watching suits but i got bored of it. Orange is the new black i liked but glad it ended. I tried Vikings and Spartacus but neither caught my attention for long enough. I watched paul rudds new show but it was a bit meh. 

Absolutely loved Santa clarita diet, im so gutted theyve ended it!!

First Lady
957 posts
I'm still overcoming the Peaky Blinder void!  TWD helps.  Once a week sigh.  I want to BINGE.

If you can find Fleabag, that'll get you through 2 nights haha.

I used to watch QI episodes on Youtube through the nightfeeds, I'd feel like I was learning something while crushing hard on Alan Davies.
xx
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I got over Suits too. Netflix seems to have so much but so little at times. May you get some better sleep soon.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I’ve just finished watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, and I’m currently watching:

What If (with Renee Zellweger)
Touch
The I-Land (is still on my to-watch list)
The OA
Godless
Shameless
Trollhunters (and the sequel 3 Below) are aimed at kids, but great if you’re looking for something you don’t have to think about while watching, and they’re only 30 minute episodes. I don’t have kids, but loved the Trollhunters series. 

I’m patiently waiting for more seasons of: 

Mindhunters
The Crown 
Reign 
Offspring 
Anne with an E

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Silvene, at this stage there won't be any more seasons of Offspring. It may come back though. It was cancelled at the end of season 5 and then came back fir two more. 

Shaz, do you have TVNZ on demand? There's a lot of there these days. I'm rewatching Stella, a Welsh comedy drama. It's set in the valleys where my dad is from so I makes me laugh so much. All the funny sayings that my grandparents used to use that I never here anymore. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Urg there's very little on. I'm going to look for Stella - is it a bit like Derry Girls? I LOVED Afterlife  - and I'm not particularly a Ricky Gervais fan (netflix) and I liked the Good Place, until it went on..and on.. and on.... and Black Books is on netflix if you haven't seen it Shaz. It's quite funny.
MareeB
5241 posts
On demand has Grand Hotel and Emergence. They're both good.I'm awaiting episode 5 of Emergence, not sure what the hold-up is.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, I've not watched Derry Girls (I must!) but it sounds like it might be. It's written by and stars Ruth Jones who plays Nessa in Gavin and Stacey. Completely different character from Nessa though. 

I always have my tv on in the background so it tends to just be on 'normal tv' I don't have to give my attention span too. I agree there tends to be too much and not enough to watch on Netflix. I do love a good documentary though. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I love Ruth Jones! I loved Nessa - so funny. I can't wait to watch Stella :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I forgot about Derry Girls, Sex Education and GLOW. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha Nat twd fills a small void bit im getting over that too - gasp!! I never thought id see the day!

Yep crystal thats my issue with netflix as well, so much yet so little. Looking forward to disney+ though!!

I do have on demand but im not sure if i need the app or not.. if not ill give it a whirl, i can watch taskmaster haha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, you'll absolutely love it then!  And there's six seasons! I've only seen the first three so I'm rewatching those before I watch the rest. I can't watch it too late at night though as it keeps me awake as I laugh too much lol. Can't wait to see what you think of it! Aunty Brendas my favourite but she's not in it until season 2. I swear she's channeling my grandma sometimes lol. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shaz, I gave up on TWD several seasons ago. It just seems to be the same thing all the time. Surely all the zombies have taken over by now? Lol. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have to agree, I can spend ages trying to find something to watch and it can be frustrating! I haven't watched twd for such a long time. I watch taskmaster on demand and things like Family Guy, The Simpsons and American Dad lol. I was gutted when I finished watching The Santa Clarita Diet. I binged that hard!
siouxsannah
261 posts
If anyone is into zombies or the supernatural, and doesn't mind foreign language shows, then I recommend checking out these shows on Netflix:

Kingdom (Korean. Set in medieval Korea. The crown prince fights to take his rightful place on the throne, while a mysterious undead plague threatens the land). Also check out Black Summer, which is an American zombie show. It is really gripping. 

Diablero (Mexican. It is like a Mexican version of Supernatural. It is about a team of people who band together to fight demons.)

Black Spot (French. A police procedural, set in a small French village. Mysterious deaths and and a spooky forest plague the town.)

Dark (German. It is like a German version of Stranger Things. Odd things happen in a small German town. Includes time travel.)

-LIANA-
4 posts
Omg thanks, I was debating whether to start watching that series or not, will start now since I have just put my little man to sleep (yay)...For myself I enjoyed watching The Blacklist! Definitely a must watch!! 

Sonnies
137 posts
We just finished watching stranger thing
And it was awsume and i also liked good girls
shazatron101
5112 posts
No soozie they're still there, the zombies are being controlled by other zombies but its actually humans in zombie skin suits lmfao

i started daybreak, im halfway through episode 2 so i count that as a win!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Seriously, Shaz? Lol. Sounds like they're scrapping the bottom of the zombie barrel now. Which season are they on? My theory is even the best shows should do no more six seasons - seven max. I absolutely loved Dexter (even named my cat after him because all cats are serial killers, right?) but the eighth and last season of that was terrible! Especially the finale - I still haven't forgiven them for that!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Daybreak! Yay, I hope there is season 2 of that.

I never finished watching Suits so will probably get around to that eventually. Not sure if anyone remembers the tv series POPULAR a teen drama series from like 2000? But i'm currently watching these. Finished season 1 onto season 2, I never finished watching it when I was like 10 lol. In times when there was like 1 tv in the house and you had to share tv time haha. How things have changed.
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Silvene: Mindhunters S2 released a couple of weeks ago. The Crown S3 will be released in November cant remember the specific date but it's coming. Reign was cancelled after S4.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha soozie yep seriously. I wanna say season 9... i think i read they had beem confirmed for 10. Its like the Supernatural tv show, thats been going for donkies as well lol

It is good TabuCutie so thanks for the rec! Itll get me through a few nights yet lol. Honestly if worst comes to worst ill just rewatch peaky blinders lmao

On another note, has anyone on mobile noticed that typing back in the forum reply boxes, it adds extra letters? Sometimes a whole word lol. Its v annoying lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Tabucutie, thanks.  We watched season two of Mindhunters the week it was released.  Lol!

It’s disappointing when good shows get cancelled ... or when stuff is removed from Netflix without warning.  I wish Netflix would add a note on shows that have been cancelled, so that you know there will be no more seasons, and a feature (like TVNZ On Demand) that says you have xx number of days left to watch this before it’s removed. 

RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Siouxsannah, I forgot about Dark ... it was good, definitely similar to Stanger Things, but with a different twist. I usually dislike things with subtitles, but got used to them pretty quickly. 

MareeB
5241 posts
I watched one episode of Stella last night and loved it!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Glad you enjoyed it, Maree!  Isn't it great?!
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Silvene  I know right! If they marked things with cancelled though probably wouldn't get as many people watching. I gave up on tvnz when I thought the episodes would be avaliable for some time and then they had disappeared. I only use it now if I'm actively keeping track of a series weekly release date.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got into a group on Facebook who paste links from torrents so I'm watching survivor 39 among other survivors haha.
shazatron101
5112 posts
We slept for 7 hours yaaaaaaay no idiot hours for meeeeee
tabucutie
1811 posts
Winning!!!!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Shaz, Woohoo!  Fingers crossed it’s the start of a good routine.
MareeB
5241 posts
Congratulations Shaz!!! I hope this is the beginning of many wonderful sleeps!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Woohoo! Sleep goooooooooood
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Wow... My netflix to watch list is huge now thanks to all these recommendations hahahaha.. For sure i'm not going to run out of things to watch now ;D
shazatron101
5112 posts
2 nights in a row!! Sure its 4am but its still the best sleeps ive had haha. Just waiting for the shoe to drop and for our sleeps to be terribke again hahahahahahacry
Sonnies
137 posts
When theething start you wont sleep ever again hehe or it feels like it at least lol 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thats what rum is for!... lmao kidding :-P.. or am i? Hahahahahahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Glad you got some sleep Shaz!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Rum for everything!  Lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Rum, heehee ... There’s always the non-alcoholic washcloth trick that works for teething.  I know you won’t need this for a few months yet (and may already know this one), but a damp, clean washcloth put in the freezer for a while does wonders.  The cold helps numb the pain, and the rough washcloth is good for chewing on and it also absorbs the excess drool that comes with teething.  :)  
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh silvene i didnt know that! Stored to the memory bank now though haha thabk you! I usually do that trick for me when i get too hot in the kitchen hahahaha
MareeB
5241 posts
Good for you Shaz, long may it last!
shazatron101
5112 posts
My last 2 nights I've had no power and let me tell you, with a baby it sucks 10x harder!! It makes the idiot hours so much worse, i was using my partners headlamp for work to see lmao
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's not great, I hope it gets resolved soon Shaz. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh no Shaz. I hope it's sorted now xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
The power is sorted thank goodness! but we discovered that the outage blew our heatpump, hrv and shed door.  Luckily (unluckily?) Its happened to other people on the street so its looking more and more likely insurance will cover it, as we werent sure they would, and the electrical work done to the house is definitely not going to be less than 2k :-O

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!