Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR Power Cuts!

10 posts, 7 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Just started getting my roast ready when the power went out. Supposedly not on til 8pm either /criez . What do you ladies do when the power goes out?
trudijoy
8375 posts
light a candle if it's dark, charge my phone on whatever power is left in my laptop, read a book if it's daylight, and lie about listening to the rain in the dark if it's raining, which it currently is. I have power, though <3

oh and eat the chocolate/drink the wine in case it goes off :p
Macs
5351 posts
When the power cuts normally light a candle and read a magazine.
shazatron101
5112 posts
hahaha! I do have chocolate but its not stuff I like, I used it in cheesecake last so... wish I had a mag! candles going though but now the power has come back on so hallleelluujaaahhh :D 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Depends on whether it was planned or not. The unplanned outages, I normally look at my man as he's making calls & throwing on his onesie (overalls) if he's needed to go out. Then I mostly pace or embroider until he comes home or let's me know everything is ok. he's a lineman. If it's night, we have a flash light which goes on when the power goes out.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha Karen I was half expecting mine to get a call out as well! Thankfully not but theres still night time to come, when the calls usually come at 3am lmfao. 

Funnily enough the power is on but I still feel bored! 
Kimrose
1416 posts
Its been years since I have been in a power cut, But now I would light a candle if it was dark, probably have a shower and curl up in bed.
MissQT
1547 posts
We have had as well as electricity. So if we get a power cut we can still use the stove. Like others, I light candles when the power is out, plus it gives your room a lovely smell and you forget about the power. I put my phone on power saver too, just in case as you never know when it's coming back on. Card games are good too if you have someone to play with.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
We have played board games by candlelight. Or I just read an ebook on my tablet and wait for the light to come back on. The worst time was coming home from a holiday to a power cut. Very inconvenient when you're wanting dinner after travelling for hours.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ahh see this is where a kindle would come in handy if I wanted to read - especially at night time cos by candle light its not so fun!

I didn't even think of cards, I'm gunna remember that for next time! I have spongebob uno and about 3 decks of cards of different kinds lying around haha :P 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!