Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR (or is it) - so humid!

15 posts, 9 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm so glad i work from home, i usually do my face etc even if i'm not going out to a client (because i often have to be on videoconference) but with this humidity i'm doing the absolute minimum

Which extends to clothing. Today i wore a bikini top instead of a real bra because it was cooler somehow lol

how are you beating the humidity and heat?
shazatron101
5112 posts
my hair makes my head feel like its on fire - trying to rock plaits but that's still to hot D: gardening in the rain helped!
makeup - not wearing any, or i use setting spray liberally and looooots of powder. otherwise i just stick with a lip and eyes
to control hair frizz, which i have a lot of thanks to bleaching my roots... oils. anything i got gets slapped in (if i'm going out and don't want to look homeless). otherwise i don't give a rats furry behind

as for bras, well. i almost fall over from relief once the girls have been let out of prison lmfao
MareeB
5239 posts
No humidity problems today - it's freezing down here :(
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yesterday was insane, our office is literally a sauna as we are in a temporary building while our new yard is being built and it is frickin crazy. Tiny little USB fans as big fans make all the paperwork blow everywhere. Today though was much better and I wasn't roasting like a chuck lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ugh hate humidity! My face gets so sweaty which is embarrassing. I chuck my hair up in a messy bun and go bare face. I work with machines where there's lots of steam and it is like an oven inside. Roll on winter I say.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It's been impossible to escape the humidity as of late. We open the entire house up in hopes it'll cool down but it never really does. We have the fire lit today because it's so cold!
MareeB
5239 posts
And it rained, and it rained and it rained....
shazatron101
5112 posts
That wind yesterday from Gita was warm! All gone now though and its now a cool breeze.

How'd everyone fair from the storm? My power has been out since roughly 430/5ish yesterday, and the winds blew the roof of my shed off! Thank god the man was home when it happened cos I couldnt string a blimmen sentence together when I rang the emergency dept!
MareeB
5239 posts
We didnt get the wind luckily. Just rain. Lots and lots of rain!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We had to shut work as the wind was insane. My bosses windscreen got smashed and dents all over his car from stuff flying around. Was nice to go home and get into bed. Power went off about 8pm. Beautiful day today and hot.
Macs
5351 posts
My partner has our fan on 24/7 even in bed. At work my foundation is melting specially on the t zone . 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I get hammered by the nor westerlies where I live so it just sounded like a regularly storm to me. So I was surprised to see the damage that it had done at my local beach on the news. Of course my school didn't close at all lol. 
MareeB
5239 posts
The rain was so heavy it woke me at 4am. It's clear outside now but totally freezing cold.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I finally have power!!! 44 hours later! Honestly, I squealed with joy and boiled the jug. My cup of tea has never been sweeter!!!
Kimrose
1412 posts
This heat and menopause, not a good mix for me.  I wear full face make up everyday and oh boy, it is a real test most days.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!