Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

nbr (maybe) pick-me-ups

25 posts, 14 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
im having a crappy day - i smashed my phone screen so i am feeling naked like i'm missing a limb, thank goodness for the laptop. its bizarre how much we rely on technology when we dont have it!

so as a pick me up im having a can of coke and a (homemade) chicken burger. and it was delicious! i might even go all out and have one of the treat sized moros i have hidden in the freezer

how do you pick yourself up when you're feeling down, or blue, or just generally in the mood to treat yo self?
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have a bunch of things I do:

- i go for a drive, music blaring
- i go for a walk, music blaring
- i clean things, often while drinking wine
- i drink wine lol
- i lose myself in an anonymous crowd
- i plan a holiday (or book one if i have the funds) 

shazatron101
5112 posts
haha oh a holiday would be lovely trudi! where are we going next ? ;-) 

luckily im feeling better already, it helps she who does not sleep is having a nap!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My pick-me-ups are simple pleasures: 

- I try do 30 mins of yoga (at home) every day if possible, and meditate for at least 5 mins after, it definitely helps keep anxiety under control
- go for a walk (no music, just the sounds of nature and try to be present in the moment - feel the sun, hear the birds, etc)
- lose myself in a few chapters of a book (with a cup of coffee or glass of wine, depending on time of day), if it’s a nice day, preferably barefoot and sitting on the grass or bench in the sun in the garden with my FurKid
- when we lived in a house with a bath, a long, hot bubble bath on a Friday night was a luxury for me (only have a shower now) 
- if it’s raining, light a scented candle and watch a chic flick or read for a while
- one day per week, set aside an hour and a half for “me time”.  It’s usually on a Monday (my day off, I work Saturdays) and spend that time doing one of the above, or pampering myself with a face mask and DIY pedicure. 

They tend to all be things that can take my mind off of what’s currently happening to/around me, and force myself to concentrate on the one task I’m doing.  Practicing mindfulness isn’t easy for me, I often have to remind myself to stop thinking about the things I have no control over, break a bad train of thought or repetitive negative pattern, or try calm the anxiety I’m feeling for some unknown reason, but it does help me pull myself out of those dark places. 

AboutFace
412 posts
Sometimes I go for a walk in the park down the road and listen to the bell birds.

Or I have a wine while reading a good book.

Getting in the garden is good too.

A cuddle from my gorgeous old dog helps pick me up, nothing like an unbiased ear to talk to. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
shaz we impulse booked a trip to Vanuatu for new years :D  we's excited
Sonnies
137 posts
I just add to cart! Hehe
Sonnies
137 posts
And if i cant do that i just go for a walk.. You always make me laugh shaz i like when you say. She who does not sleep hehehe 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I forgot to add my pick-me-up treat in my list above ... Jarrah Salted Caramel hot chocolate with a generous sprinkling of mini marshmallows on top! I always have a tub of that hot choc in the grocery cupboard.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I like to get away from everything and go for a walk in the bush.
Treat myself to something naughty to eat.
Put clean sheets on and my favourite pjs and just blob in bed with netflix and treats.
Hang out with my nephew, hes 3 and says the most funniest things and ALWAYS  makes me smile <3
shazatron101
5112 posts
hmm this "wine" drink has 2 votes - pity i cant stand it bahahahaha bourbons where you at!

i am loving all of these, they give me ideas for easy things i can do with the little mam (like walks!)

and lol sonnies - shes asleep now... bet she wont sleep til some stupid hour later!
Sonnies
137 posts
Lol enjoy it while she sleeps shaz i have 2 that naps maybe once a day and they are crraaazzzzyyyy busy 
MareeB
5241 posts
I like to have the frothy Moccona coffees, the instant ones in the box. And ice creams - usually Magnum almond or choc bars, and then watch tele. Or sometimes go for a walk. The best pick-me-up is lunch with a friend but I sometimes don't want company because it takes too much energy.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh, and you deserve to be kind and gentle to yourself Shaz. Motherhood is really tough especially in the early days and the sleeplessness is a form of torture. I'm certain you're doing an absolutely marvellous job and a little dropping of phones isn't too bad if its the worst thing that happens xxx
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Agree. Nature is healing. Listening to voices of birds happily playing in the bushes are so calming... It's amusing when you see the young ones playing hide and seek hahahaha =D. I love to treat myself with something sweet.. boysenberry icecream.. cheesecake.. mmm... and probably browse the net and do some online shopping ;D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I eat chocolate and hug my cat lol. 
Squiddy
6 posts
There's nothing like going to a movie to completely get yourself out of your own head. You have to focus on the movie, there are no distractions like your mobile or the pile of ironing you have to do.

My ultimate pick-me-up is to go to a morning movie session on my own. Going on my own means I don't have to confer or compromise over which movie to go to, what time to get there, where to sit etc. An early session means that the cinema is lovely and quiet. Bliss.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Squiddy I looooove going to the movies alone! 
MrsO
196 posts
Eat chocolate, hang out with my lovely granddaughter and go into our garden and listen to all the bird sounds.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I love going to the movies by myself too! I haven't been for ages though.
lifeissupa
35 posts
I like to go for a bush walk or finding rocks at the river. No beach here so cant walk the beach.
or a good movie and a peanut slab tee heehee hee
lifeissupa
35 posts
Shaz does suck about your phone tho. Its definitely not a cool thing to happen at all
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Glad it sounds like things have picked up Shaz. My go to is chocolate and a good book.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I like watching Youtube videos and also munching on chips althought the latter I'm only allowed to do on cheat days.
shazatron101
5112 posts
It has, i got my phone back, ive cleaned my frogs tank and i got an amazing trial in the mail, thank you BR :-D *heart eyes* 

I do however love and appreciate all of your pick me ups and im definitely going to try a few - would love to do yoga again but with screamy mimi it might take me a while haha and if i try meditating when im tired ill just fall asleep bahahahahaha

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!