Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR Life Changes/How Are You?

76 posts, 11 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
I finished my last day at work yesterday after 8 years with the company as we were outbid on the contract. Changes! Didn't think I would be made redundant per se at this young an age. However, have secured new employment and start on Tuesday. Nervously excited to start this new place with a change of scenery and people to work with.

I know everyone is busy with family, work, just life in general. How are you all doing? I hope everyone is well and healthy :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Going through company restructures, buy-outs, outbids and redundancies is never fun.  I went through two in a five year period and it's very stressful!  Congrats on managing to find new employment so fast, wishing you all the best in the new job.  I hope you'll be very happy there. 
MareeB
5242 posts
Oh Tabu I'm sorry to hear that - that's really tough. I hope your new job turns out to be a dream come true xx
Kimrose
1419 posts
8 years is a long time in a role. Your workmates become like family. So happy you have secured another role, congratulations 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I hope you love your new job! Exciting times ahead for you :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks ladies :) It will be different with training and probation period again but feeling optimistic :)
AboutFace
413 posts
All the best :-) You are blessed to get a job so quick in these current times. An exciting new chapter for you. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Agreed AboutFace. Quite fortunate. 
Macs
5351 posts
Lots has changed since last month. I think January was a stressful month. Employees have left us and put strain on us at work . January was horrible work wise everyone was on annual leave and work was busy . Finally it has slowed down . 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Wow big changes tabucutie, all the best with the new job!

I started my year with a mammoth admin task so now that that is fine I'm just kicking in to the new year of  doing my thing :)

this week is special - we were in Queenstown for team meetings, and I've stayed on for the weekend  because I turn 'thirty-ten' on Tuesday. A very close friend from Dunedin is coming through tomorrow for vineyards, swims and celebrating but today I'm half working remotely (in my top floor amazing room the hotel upgraded me to for my birthday with panoramic lake views!) and half sorting stuff out until later, when I'm going on a lake cruise mum got me. 

so yeah, life hard, send help I guess!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've just spent the past two weeks dealing with the massive amount of admin that goes with changing a company name.  It's something I've wanted to do for years, but kept putting it off due to the vast amount of admin and paperwork that goes with it.  It's finally done though and I treated myself to a "me" day today, seeing as I'm working tomorrow ...

It was my birthday last week and hubby spoilt me with a gift voucher to the local spa for a full body massage and a facial. I had both treatments done this morning ... Utter bliss!  I'm now relaxing on the couch watching an episode of Bridgerton.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sounds like a great place to be Trudi, I love Queenstown! Happy Birthday month.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Queenstown looks amazing, I hope to get down there one day sometime soon. Happy Birthday Trudi!

Belated birthday wishes Silvene!
trudijoy
8375 posts
It was an epic trip tabucutie! So so perfect 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I'm desperate to do the onsen but it didn't work out this time. 

I had the most amazing trip though - our work location was Jacks Point, so basically set at the foot of the Remarkables; I could see straight out at them from my bed (and the hot tub!)

for the birthday part, Mercure  Resort gave me an upgrade to a top floor room with 180 degree panoramic lake views- breathtaking and so private that I didn't  even close the curtains so I woke up to sunrise over the lake. 

epic food and drink, especially at Walter Peak (Mum gave me the Earnslaw cruise and meal at WP as part of my birthday present); best pork belly everrrr and the views were just amazing on the lake.

actual birthday celebration day was sat and my best friend and I did a hop on/off wine tour. We went to Arrowtown, Gibbston Valley cheese (who put a sparkler in a cheeseboard as a candle lol, cute), Akarua, Amisfield, Gibbston Valley wines and Mt Rosa wines. 

before flying home yesterday we had an epic brunch (bespoke kitchen, iykyk) and then went sightseeing through the Shotover Gorge/River, uo Coronet Peak and out to Kelvin Heights.

thise are just the highlights! Amazing way to end my thirties 
MareeB
5242 posts
Aw that sounds like a fabulous trip!
shazatron101
5112 posts
You make me want to go to queenstown haha it looks gorgeous! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Ooh what an absolutely epic trip!
trudijoy
8375 posts
so stunning shaz, so stunning! 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Been a busy year here. Your trip sounds amazing Trudi, and I hope the job is working out Tabucutie. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Happy birthday Trudi! I hope you've had a great day!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks soozie! Yep it's been a good one :) 
tabucutie
1811 posts
One week of training and first day on the floor yesterday. Still got a lot to learn but moving with it :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
i am t i r e d. yesterday the squid smacked her face on the edge of the frog tank and split her lip, and mr shaz has been complaining all week because hes got air trapped inside him and hes uncomfortable

and then me, oh me, i wake up at midnight and stay awake til 4 or 5. i just want good sleep haha

so thats how im doing hahahah
tabucutie
1811 posts
I saw that on insta, hope she is doing ok. Hope you get some sleep too Shaz.

Totally forgot about this thread. Have been in my current job for 5 months now. Out of probation and still here. Settled in super well and feeling really confident in my ability to do the job. Stoked, it seemed stressful at the time but its just adjusting to the change.
shazatron101
5112 posts
She is fine. Little jerk. Nothing holds her down for long lol

And sleep, pffft whats that hahaahahasadface
shazatron101
5112 posts
And also yay!!! Im glad youre loving your new job. Takes a bit but its usually worth it :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Little ones are so resilient, definitely a good thing they can get back up and keep going on.

Talking about sleep, absolutely coma'd on the couch for a 2 hr nap once I got home from work. Still went to sleep for the night at 10.30!

And thanks Shaz :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I love naps! Lol. Lifes definitely changing for me. 11 weeks until my little girl is here......it still feels so surreal and don't think it will sink in until I hold her. So excited:-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ee 11 weeks!!! Is that September? I cant count hahahaha how exciting! It does feel surreal though,  and then they arrive and you cant imagine life without them :D

Ohhhh love a nap. Takes me too long to fall asleep, by the time i do, the squids already awake :'(
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yep September! A Spring bubba :-)
I seem to wake up around 3am and just can't get back to sleep....sooooo I online shop lol. Currently waiting for my new steam mop to arrive bhahaha.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yay!! I think itll be a couple weeks after my squids bday, how frikkin cuuuutttteeee. Im excited for you haha

Hahahahaha that sucks, i feel that. But omg steam mop !!! I wish i still had one. I hate mopping lol
MareeB
5242 posts
I was in Timaru today so went to Briscoes to buy a steam mop Shaz. Even half price they're $100 so I didn't buy one. I'm hopeless at shopping.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was just looking at briscoes and forgot to have a look at them lol useless as. Ill have a look now!

Ill spend your money for you maree,  im pretty good at it hahahahah
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I got mine from Godfreys. It was on sale for about $130 I think. You can get cheaper ones but I didn't think they would be grunty enough. They do have one for $48 I saw :-)
MareeB
5242 posts
One of my friends took me clothes shopping Shaz. She eventually gave up and left me in the changing room surrounded by clothes that I didn't like hahahaha
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've had 3 steam mops. None of them broke, it's just i buy it thinking i will use it. Never use it, sell it. And after time passes i buy another that doesn't get used. I have stopped buying them now lol.

Aww that doesn't sound like the best experience Maree!
MareeB
5242 posts
Thanks Tabucutie - it wasn't. Clothes shopping gives me PTSD. I absolutely hate it and suffer from so much anxiety I usually walk out with nothing except sweating and shaking. My friend loves shopping and doesn't understand that I genuinely feel the way I say I do.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thats really challenging, I'm sorry that your friend doesn't understand what it's like for you.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I am feeling run down, currently. Sleep only happens to refuel the body, it doesnt feel very rested. I wake sore and achy and just generally blah. Food is boring and im not excited to make anything atm, even though ive been trying to find new recipes. 

The days seem to be the same and its just. Ugh. A drag, to be honest. 

At least it was sunny today and more weeds were annihilated, right!? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I think we all go through times like this Shaz. Take some time out for yourself.....treat yourself to something nice :-) 
When I'm feeling blah I like to get out in nature, cook my favourite meal or just blob out with some cheesy movies and junk food. I hope you feel better soon x
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was going to buy something haha but with all the dentist work this month i got no spare coinz sadly

Early night for everyone tonight, no naps for the squid, hes had a tooth removed and my eyes feel like theyve got glass in them :'(
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
An early night sounds good! Shaz I had a growth scan last week.....she is currently positioned head down but she has her legs over her head bhahaha got a good pic. They assured me it was normal lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thank you lisa :)

Hahahahaha well positioning is good but lol, was her rear end on full display? Theyre so weird in their little hidey holes haha i mean they're out of it too but yknow lol

And, just to nag, did you decide about the boba wrap? Lol
MareeB
5242 posts
Urg Seasonal Affective Disorder. I've been doing yoga meditations with utube at nights and that helps me sleep deeply at least. Its cold here. I'm dressed like a bear and have my heat pump on 26 degrees but I can still feel a draught.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes! She was so cute. Now I know why she is kicking me so low lol. I don't have a wrap yet. I'm pretty unco is it as complicated as it looks!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha! Little punk. Thats very cute though. Im excited for you :)

I was too, but theyve got fairly easy instructions to follow and there was a video i watched that made it even easier for my brain to work out. But yeah. Its yours if you want it!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yoga sounds good. I feel too worn out to even try it.

Ive been trying the this works(?) Sleep stuff, it does not work, for me at least lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Yoga by Kassandra (on YouTube) has a 30 days of Bedtime Yoga. It's a lovely, slow, relaxing, Yin Yoga - more like stretching and unwinding than actual flow yoga. 
MareeB
5242 posts
I just do meditation yogas at night. Just watch if you do a yoga nidra at night - one hour is equal to 4 hours sleep and you may struggle to fall asleep afterwards. Denise Linn does some nice relaxation meditations and they're only 10 to 15 minutes long..

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!