Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR Level 4 lockdown

151 posts, 17 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I made Afghans, savoury muffins, stewed apple and apple crumble on Sunday :) also creamy mushrooms on toast. I'm getting hello fresh (was given a 50% off for woop so will try that too) so I'm cooking diff things a lot; tonight (and last night) is/was chicken with thyme and onion glaze, cheesy fries and salad. 

making another apple crumble tonight coz I love it :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And that's great news lisa! Hope baby stays safe until it's time now 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I also spent far too long just now tidying my nail box lol. Pic on the wall
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've been cooking whatever food bag sends me lol. I've treated myself to a lamb shank ready meal this week though. I'm absolutely hopeless at baking even though I cook everything else from scratch. Too much chemistry involved in baking for me. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's great news, Lisa. You must feel very relieved. I was finally able to get my first covid jab today and there was a huge sense of relief with that. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I love baking but don't do it much anymore.  I have a pre-diabetic hubby who can't have cakes, sweets and puddings, as we control his pre-diabetes with the foods he eats.  I refuse to bake just for myself because I feel mean eating things like that in front of him, knowing he can't have any.  I have been craving a good vanilla cupcake or slice of cake though, but I'll have to wait until after all this lockdown stuff is over and see if our local cafe has any once they reopen (if they reopen). 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Fingers crossed all goes well for the remainder of your pregnancy, Lisa. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh lisa im so pleased to hear that!! Ih hapoy days indeed, you must feel so much weight off your shoulders!! Youve been coming into my head at such random times as well hahaha so im super glad all is well with the mini :D x
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ive made donuts , leggings for the squidlet (not food but im proud of them!) And gingerkisses.

And tonight banana muffins stuffed with a piece of whittakers caramel chocolate bwahahahahaha

And unfortunately its all been delicious so hello any weight i lost hahahaha bugger
shazatron101
5112 posts
Im not sure those links will work now.. bugger it all. But i made them anyway!!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@shaz, all your links work.  Your baking looks amazing and I love the little leggings! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Great news Lisa! All the best for you both.

Not much baking per se. Just one batch of cupcakes. Having to cook more meals though which is a bit weird. Meals so far have included: steak egg and chips, kransky hot dogs, nachos, pizza. My favorite go to lunch being marmite and chip sandwiches. 

Avoiding the big supermarket chains so just been shopping for the bits we need at our local fresh choice. Don't like being around people makes me nervous.
AboutFace
412 posts
That's great Lisa you will be relieved. One of my girls has a birthday on the 6th you never know they could share the same date :-)

Shaz your baking looks yummy and the leggings look great :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
oh they are working? i tried from my phone and it was telling me i needed to sign in to insta, i was like, firstly RUDE secondly... !?!?

thanks ladies <3 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmm everyones food sounds yummy. Shaz everything looks sooooooo good! Love the leggings! I did vegetable soup yesterday and today I am craving a really cheesy scone lol so scones it shall be :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
YAASSS SCONES

come next weekend im going to have a two year old O_O and as we'll be level 3 im opening my bubble to my close friend and her squidlets for a little party :D

Left organizing it a bit late but heyyyyy i also dont have any presents for her so /shrug hahahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sounds fun Shaz! Awwww 2 is a cute age :-)  What sort of cake will you make?
I didn't make scones as I got carried away with organizing the pantry and got the label maker out haha but it looks great. Today is the fridge/freezer.
MareeB
5241 posts
Awww I hope you have fun Shaz. Lots of food and mess lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
One that ill hate making, no doubt hahahahahahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
How is everyone doing?  Change to level 2 for us down here which I am really happy about.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Still stuck in Level 4 up here, although not being able to work is giving me time to catch up on a bunch of craft projects that I've had sitting around and just not had the time to do (two decoupage projects, making a large jewellery display board, and a few knitting projects). 

Unfortunately, the table that I'm decoupaging is half done (all the sanding and paintwork is done), I can't start applying the design yet, as the napkins I ordered can't be couriered until we're in Level 3, and I really want to finish it. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Same same here. Nothing changes. Sick of cake though hahaha

How are you doing lisa? You cant be far off from meeting your mini :D
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Cool Silvene it is great to get to spend time on things we love doing.
Mmmmmmm cake lol. Yes I'm due next week! Eeeekkkk exciting!
MareeB
5241 posts
Sick of cake??? Shaz, it is about time I moved into the house next door ...

Ooh exciting lisa! All the very best for the safe delivery of your beautiful bundle x
shazatron101
5112 posts
NEXT WEEK EEEEEEE thats pretty exciting lisa :D 

haha be my guest maree you can take over where the annoying bogans are living lmao
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol swap you the bogans for a crazy cat lady with 18 cats!
I made raspberry and white chocolate muffins yesterday......mmmmmm so good
shazatron101
5112 posts
Unfortunately i have one of those as well.. someone up the street has threatened to take them out herself and someone new across the street already has O_O
MareeB
5241 posts
I'd love to Shaz but I love cats so you may not be any better off lol
tabucutie
1811 posts
Still level 4. Been working from home just over 3 weeks. While it has its perks, I miss the office environment. I miss my team. Think  I will still be working from home in level 3 but it's a step towards level 2 so I welcome that.
MareeB
5241 posts
Has anyone seen Macs? last lockdown she said people were very rude to her in her job and I thought of her earlier when they said on the news that people are getting abused by customers again this time. Horrible!
AboutFace
412 posts
I was thinking too haven't seen Mac's on here for a while.

Yes customers are worse this time, impatient, pushy and try to argue with you when all we are trying to do is our job :-(
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm sorry to hear that AboutFace. One person can have such a huge negative impact by their behaviour. I guess we all need to make an extra effort to be kind when we know everyone else is stressed.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Haven't seen Macs in awhile
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I contacted Macs as I realised I hadn't seen her on social media for a while either. She's all good. Just taking a social media break and busy working. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I get my second vax tomorrow  and holding a lot of anxiety about it. Auckland cases doubling overnight didn't help and bc I reacted to the first I'm nervous. Ive taken a couple days off work to rest and let whatever happens happen.... vaccines are a must and there's no question about it, I need to do it. Still scary tho. 

Other than that works been flat out. While I'm not an essential worker I'm supporting my team and hundreds, if not thousands of teachers around the country and it's pretty exhausting. Still managing to deliver what I need to at mahi (including a training session attended by a BR babe!) but out of work I'm concentrating on cooking good food, keeping my living space clean and enjoyable, and little self care things like a fresh tan, a nuface machine session, hair treatments etc. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
we were supposed to get our second vax today but after waiting nearly an hour 30 for the first one i went NOPE and booked them in at the chemist. its next month now but meh, least we are getting them. 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hope the second vax is not too rough on you Trudi.
I have enjoyed being at home. I made ambrosia today......mmmmm so good.
I swear I am half baby half food baby right now lmao.
shazatron101
5112 posts
oOooOoOoh we love ambrosia in this house haha how do you make yours?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I did a super simple one. Whipped some cream, chucked in 3 pottles of berry yoghurt, cut up heaps of marshmallows, a can of boysenberries and then chopped up some dairy milk chocolate and stirred it all together.  It was delicious but quite sickly lol I had to roll off the couch.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bahahahahahahahaha naw well enjoy that while it lasts lol

Ive never tried putting boysenberries in mine. Syrup and all or drained? I use pineapple lumps as my chocolate haha 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh yum I haven't had ambrosia in years and years. So good. 

I cooked this week and have a WOOP box arriving tomorrow to keep things interesting 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And thanks Lisa, ive freaked myself into thinking the worst but maybe it'll be okay 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I drained them. I couldn't get fresh strawberries that's why I used canned boysenberries but it worked well. Pineapple lumps sounds good too!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hope it all goes smoothly for you trudi. Are you using a drive through clinic or a walk in clinic? I've got my second appointment booked but still me me about it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Neither, tabu - I booked about 7 weeks ago and this was my second vaccine. So it was a vaccination centre.

im doing okay. I have started reacting  already and am expecting it to get worse but I can stop worrying about it so much now it's happening I guess. Took some time off work so will just ride it out now 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Guess who just had a lockdown baby!
Beautiful Jessie was born at 3.08am. A healthy wee girl weighing 7lb 10. She is absolutely gorgeous.....so in love x
AboutFace
412 posts
Congratulations Lisa and welcome little Jessie :-)
AboutFace
412 posts
Thanks Maree :-)

I don't know about any of you but my 2nd vaccination left me ill, it was horrible glad it's over.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yay Lisa!!!!! Welcome mini beauty babe, Miss Jessie x 

That's such good news hon! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
AboutFace I got my second yesterday and started to feel it an hour later. My arm woke me up like 4x last night. I have time off work this week so all I have to do is ride it out, and I'm not sorry I got it, but so far it's not super fun 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!