Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR Level 4 lockdown

151 posts, 17 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Stay safe, everyone x 
MareeB
5241 posts
Same from me. I hope you all have good support x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes please everyone stay safe! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Most definitely stay safe! 

K8D
59 posts
It's all got very real. I was supposed to take my Mum to get her first dose of the vaccine today but she had to reschedule. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I agree. My workplace was talking about trialing work from home on Tuesday (before news broke of 1st delta case) IT didn't want to do the work on all the computers. Come Wednesday morning at 7am in the office (we are an essential service) they wanted us all out the office. Working from home from 11am same day. Fast changes.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Did the groceries as well with a mask, kiddo with no mask, that was.. fun. Muppet in the deli wasnt wearing gloves so i returned the ham i was going to buy. 

Honestly 

MareeB
5241 posts
Its really quiet here this time. I've been going to work but doing overnight shifts and I haven't tried to go anywhere else.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Gorgeous day here so just waddling around doing random things around the house. I'm in lockdown by myself so decided to cook myself something delicious tonight and have a pamper session.  I hope everyone is doing ok.
MissDilly
229 posts
I'm sitting outside waiting for my slot for vaccination. Really errie as the location is also in a mall that's a location of interest - but thankful I'm getting my first vaccination all the same as lots have been cancelled 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Had a super busy first few days working from home. Today enjoying the quiet. Trying to go for a couple of walks a day since I live in a little apartment.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I got my 1pm jab yesterday.. at 210pm o_O but mr shaz got his 2pm one on time by finding me in line hahaha 

Hehehe lisa i bet you waddle cute!! Hows lil lisa going? Enjoy your pamper sesh, it sounds wonderful!!
K8D
59 posts
I went nuts in the garden yesterday, feeling it a bit this morning.  First jab booked for a couple of weeks.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Pamper session sounds amazing. 
Susilia
484 posts
I'll be doing a pamper session tonight for sure! :)
I started deep cleaning and de-cluttering the house bit by bit, it's looking great. Still have the bedroom to do, but the biggest part is done, which was the office with all my beauty products crammed in that room, but all tidied up now and sorted as to what to use first! :)
Kimrose
1416 posts
As I am an essential worker it is just the same for me. We are super busy with prescriptions.
I have had both of the vaccinations so feel reasonably safe, mask wearing is a must. Stay safe
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Well, I returned a negative covid test today so I am celebrating that! It's been a long 48 hours waiting. I'm still waiting to get my first vaccine as I've been unwell. Hopefully I'll be ok to get it next weekend. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I've just been working a lot so it's making it easier to get through the days.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thank goodness for a negative test Soozie! I would be celebrating too :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks, Lisa. I was pretty sure I didn't have it but it's still a relief. And I know I'm safe at home now. It all happened so fast too. I rang and asked my GP if I needed a test and it was done 15 minutes later! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That's good they were so onto it!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, especially when you see the crazy queues for tests on the news. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Glad you dont have the scary, soozie!! Im glad none of us have it actually ahaha bugger that
RamblingRose
1280 posts
What's everyone doing to keep themselves busy during lockdown?  Other than daily walks and a bit of extra Netflix when it's been raining, I've been knitting myself a jumper ...

I thought it was going really well. I got as far as the armpits before I realised I'd misread the pattern and had to unpick the entire thing! Two and a half weeks of work all gone in half a hour. Now to start again. At least it'll keep me busy for a few more weeks, although I was hoping to wear it this winter. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
How annoying Silvene!
I've been taking it easy....napping and pottering around. I've actually been looking at starting a cross stitch, it's been years since I've done one. I've not left the house since lockdown began but I really need to get milk and bread so will pop to 4 square a bit later.
AboutFace
412 posts
As an essential worker I'm working as normal but on my days off I'm revamping a dresser :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Online teaching is keeping me very busy. It's really hard to plan ahead too with lockdown only being extended by days at a time. My free time is spent just relaxing with music or tv. I don't really have the energy for decluttimg or learning new skills right now. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
extra free time? What's that?

We have a new manager who was on day 2 when lockdown was announced so I've been organising nationwide support for thousands of teachers.  I spend my days coordinating, presenting, writing emails, and making sure my team are okay, among other things.

When the pandemic is over and I can look back and know that I helped it will all be worth it.

In the meantime, it's just about making sure I look after myself while looking after everyone else. And it's hard.  It's REALLY hard. I'm immunocompromised, half vaxed and living in COVID central.

shazatron101
5112 posts
Considering this is my normal life the majority of the time.. i havent been doing anything special. 

Oh. I guess ive been sewing. I may have another leggings pattern for me but well. I dunno yet lmao

Trudi, soozie, kim, aboutface, tabu, any other essential worker i missed, thank you! Your jobs are hard enough without a pandemic and often times thankless. So dont be disheartened when a dickhead comes along and makes your day bad, cos theres people like me that appreciate everything youre doing :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks, Shaz! Hmmm teachers aren't even classified as essential workers! Well at least not when it comes to being vaccinated. Just went out for thr first time since I got tested on Friday to collect my groceries. So many people about! Police had set up a road block into my suburb by the time I came back checking people were actually on essential business. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
naw thanks shaz.

I'm not technically essential but teacher feedback for my team this week would indicate otherwise!
AboutFace
412 posts
Aww thanks Shaz :-) You are essential too bringing up a little girl ;-)
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm two workers. I can do one job from home but the other I have to go to.
Many thanks to all of you who are keeping on keeping on. Our country will continue to thrive because of you.
Shaz you have the 24 hour per day job, you are more than essential - you and all other mums and dads who do 20 roles all day every day no matter what the conditions. At least people like me can finish work and do nothing without any interruptions!!
K8D
59 posts
I work from home a lot anyway so I am working like usual. I really feel for people trying to work and care for small children. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
My friends sick of her kids already lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dont see myself as essential, not as much as anyone else that actually IS... but i mean. Its easy when i have such a sweet kid* hahaha.

I just went to turn off her star lights and my heart melted, she has a sleep sack on but still tried to put herself under her blankets. Bless. My little sweet lump o love :)

*most of the time 
trudijoy
8375 posts
You essential to me, shaz. If I didn't have you as a mate I'd have to just only spend my own money on things :p
BeautyGirl
162 posts
Lock down sure has been interesting! Haven't worn make up at all ! I have an exemption for wearing a mask and it didn't go well at the supermarket so hopeful after getting dpa email I can start going to the supermarket again. Otherwise card games and walks have been a thing in my house :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I tried going grocery shopping yesterday, but most of the shelves were empty.  I managed to get what I needed, or substitutes / creative swaps for what I needed for meals for the next week.  I don't plan on going near the store again unless it's for bread and milk. 

Unfortunately, I'm one of those who is not allowed to work in levels 3 & 4, and have to close my business and wait patiently for level 2.  It sucks, but it needs to be done to help get this under control. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have an ultrasound tomorrow in the city so will do a grocery shop. Not looking forward to it really but needs to be done. Am hoping there are not crowds of people as that will shoot my anxiety up!
AboutFace
412 posts
When are you due Lisa? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hiya. I'm 37 weeks today but will find out Friday if she will be coming early! 
Kimrose
1416 posts
Thanks Shaz, lockdown is pretty much the same for us, this time compared to last year has, so far been a bit better. People seem to be less stressed and cranky! Thank goodness because last year it was terrible. People were very nasty. We have had to tell a few people to wear their masks but that's about it so far, thank heavens. Stay safe everyone xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Your girls birthday will not be far off from my squidlets!! Freaky but also very cool haha. 

Im glad i was told i was getting induced hahaha. I hope if she does have to come early she behaves x
MareeB
5241 posts
That's true Kim. People are a lot less nasty this time. Down here no one is too bothered about it at all. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
What date is her bday Shaz? I'm nervous but trying not to worry.  My partner is at sea but I have mum thankfully 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Shes the 4th but she was early as well

its scary and i don't blame you BUT your body will tell you exactly what to do. And theyve got the gas :D its my faaaave. Oh i miss it lol
tabucutie
1811 posts
Aww thanks Shaz! Lucky to be able to do my part.

Between my shifts working from home, i'd say my lockdown is a mixture of washing and cleaning, naps,  eating and watching tele. Nothing overly interesting. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Shaz the complication I had seems to have sorted itself out, ultrasound came back all good.  Huge relief! So now it's just a waiting game :-)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
What is everyone cooking/baking this lockdown?  I have lamb shanks in the slow cooker and just made the best batch of blueberry muffins......mmmmm

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!