Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

51 posts, 12 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
so, my not even 2 year old kettle is leaking. I am beyond pissed about it, ive had cheap warehouse ones last double, even triple that life! 

It is a dehlongi, and im more annoyed because it was bought with precious flybuys and i cant replace it with the same color, so yay for mismatched appliances again >:(

So what brand do you have, how long has it lasted, do you love it? Plus anything else that's helpful. I'll be needing it soon!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I have a Brabantia from Briscoes. Had it awhile and it's not the prettiest. I chose it as it was a good price (Briscoes sale lol) and has a five year warranty on it. Toasters are the thing that annoys me. Seems it's impossible to get one that toasts evenly these days. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ok, just looked on Briscoes site. Don't buy the Brabantia. Has terrible reviews and now only has two year warranty. Looks the same as mine but sounds like they've changed it since I bought mine as I don't have any if the issues stated. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have a matching deep metallic  red zip toaster and kettle, and I love them. They're a bit beaten up now but still look and work great 
trudijoy
8375 posts
This kettle

this toaster
trudijoy
8375 posts
The reviews suck for both these too apparently. What do ppl want lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We have that one and it is great. Lol once again it has some bad reviews!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I love how scandalised ppl are that they don't work like brand new at 2-3 years old. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol lots of pretties, thanks!! Ive looked everywhere and if i have to get a new one i think i want either this or this

However i just boiled it again and now its not leaking?? But i think ill get a new one anyway :/
shazatron101
5112 posts
Great linking from harvey norman there /eye roll

RamblingRose
1280 posts
I have a glass Breville one similar to the Sunbeam one you posted, but I don't think they make the model that we have anymore ... we bought the store display one at a discounted price when we got ours about 4 years ago. 

I have a serious aversion to the Sunbeam brand.  Too many faulty Sunbeam appliance experiences in the past all within a few weeks of them going outside of the warranty period.  We'll never buy Sunbeam again. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh that first one with the rose gold is beautiful. Now I want my kettle to break so I can get one but then I'd need a matching toaster bc I'm like that these days lol 
MareeB
5241 posts
I bought a kettle recently from Countdown but I haven't opened the box yet. I had a big spend up at Briscoes sale - a food processor, a spiraliser, and an ice cream machine. The ice cream machine is to make vegan ice cream as per the medical mediums recipe. Can't wait to try it. Good luck with the kettle.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh, and I agree, toasters are pretty shocking these days. I remember when we had to turn the bread over in the toaster (showing my age) but it was toasted to perfection. And some friends had a recent discussion about toasted sandwich machines. My family got one when they had three pie slots in a triangle and the machine had a long handle. It sat on a hot stove element to cook. Seriously, they were the best toasted sandwiches ever. You put a whole egg in as well as cheese, bacon, onion etc. Today's machines are pretty rank in comparison.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah I don't expect things to still be like new after 2 or 3 years but, call me old fashioned, I still expect them to work! I hate this throw away society. That's how I ended up with the Brabantia. My last kettle died just days after the two year warranty expired. Briscoes offered to send it off to get a quote to repair it but the quote alone was almost as much as a new one. So I went for the one with five year warranty in the hope it would last at least five years and one day lol. 

That rose gold trim one sure is pretty! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I want a sausage roll maker.....lol only cause I saw everyone has been going nuts for the Kmart one
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol, Maree. Not only do I remember those toasters, I also remember the iron toasted sandwich maker you put on the element. We had the single sandwich one. Weighed a tonne lol. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I bought my cheapie black kettle from either Kmart or Warehouse to match the rest of my black kitchen appliances. (Microwave, toaster, air fryer) its only been  about 11 months but it's still going strong,
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha silvene that sucks! Its a maybe at this stage, i just liked the colors lol, the hardly normal one has got me heart eyeing haha

Bahahahah trudi i am the same! But im nonot sure i could get both lmao though id love to! Maybe i should break the toaster... hahahahahaha

Hahaha maree our old toastie machine had a massive line through the middle to cut the bread into triangles, our current one has a massive dip and i can have all the egg toasties i want!
writetokellsz
44 posts
Our sunbeam stopped working last week at 11 months, before that we had a Russell hobb for 5 years.

I replaced wwith Kmart one as Smith city is now closed so couldn't get warranty as receipt was held in their system 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ever since I first got a George Foreman grill I tend to make all my toasted sammies in there. I don't like egg or tinned spaghetti or baked beans on them though, I'm 'cheese and' through and through (cheese and meat, cheese and onion, cheese and pineapple, cheese and herb, cheese and relish etc etc) so probably don't need a flash toastie pie maker. I do have one somewhere but it's like a $10 one. 

Got me a corkscrew today so I can drink the wine I bought that has corks in it lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol I'm all about the cheese toasties too and I actually cook mine in George. I'm weird and like cheese with leftover lasagna mince mmmmmm.
trudijoy
8375 posts
It'd have to be chicken mince for me but that sounds yum! 
Kimrose
1416 posts
I just popped a picture of my kettle on the photo wall cause I am not smart enough to do a link or anything like that! I have the matching toaster...in love!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I like that Kim! It's funky 
Macs
5351 posts
After 10 years of using my Delongi Kettle and toaster they both finally stopped working . 

I recently purchased MorphyRichards rose gold duo set from Harvey Norman lol only to find my kettle was navy blue . So I have two mismatched appliances. But I'm liking them being mismatched for a change.

I wouldn't be able to recommend any brands as I'm  winging it with this new brand . Hope you find something that lasts .
Kimrose
1416 posts
Trudi, I saw it ages ago but Husband said no because the one we had was ok. So about 3 months later the one we had started leaking, we had had it for about 9 years and so I raced out and bought this one. It comes as a jug as well. I got the matching toaster for my birthday 
trudijoy
8375 posts
All meant to be, Kim!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I love your kettle Kim!  My nana had one of those cool whistling kettles and she used to always forget about it and it would whistle hard out lol! When she got sick she asked me what I wanted and I said the kettle because it would remind me of her so much <3 I absolutely adore it :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
That's so sweet lisa! 

I have my nanas rose bowl, it's the most beautiful sage green and silver. She used to keep colouring pencils and crayons in it for the grandkids but it's far too pretty for that! It was what I asked for :) I also asked for (and was given) her post-war champagne glasses (they're wide brimmed and unusual) and a couple of other things I connected with her, and I was given her promise ring when she died and her engagement ring when dad died - I'm the only daughter of the only daughter and the rings stay in our line. if I don't have a daughter they'll go to my older niece. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Awwwww that is so special <3

tabucutie
1811 posts
That's so lovely lisa and trudi! 

I would have liked something out of my nans kitchen but my grandad didn't cope well at the time and threw it all out. Really glad that my aunty managed to save a piece of cross stitching work. My nan was  prolific at cross stitching and did many beautiful big pieces.

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oh I also got her really old egg beater that she got as a wedding gift! It's still in immaculate condition and is nearly 70 years old! :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh that's cool Lisa,bet it still works like if always has too.

thats sad tabucutie, we actually were given the chance to request things years before nana died as she moved in with my  uncle and then back out by herself before she went
Kimrose
1416 posts
I love getting things that we have loved from relatives.  I was so lucky to receive my grandmothers engagement ring,  she helped my Dad bring us up after my mother left. I spent a lot of time with her, she was more a kother to me than my actual mother.  I also got a lot of advice and some great recipes 
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's so cool Lisa to have a piece like that.

Yup it wasn't great trudi. But it is what it is. That's such a good idea how everything was arranged ahead of time. I don't have much of anything but I've mostly already got it sorted if I should unexpectedly pass. 

shazatron101
5112 posts
so my jug is working again/not leaking now ?? I dunno what its issue is /eyeroll no new jug for me now, rude

Im also super glad this thread went all sweet with family heirlooms, its cute as heck
trudijoy
8375 posts
Booooooo shaz. Stoopid jug 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol ugh I just blew the toaster up! But yay shopping time.
trudijoy
8375 posts
August is the mo th for it apparently lol. I'm still waiting for my Kmart one to arrive. Bloody lockdown postage 
SandieNZ
424 posts
I used to have the most beautiful brushed chrome 360 degree cordless teapot style kettle that looked stunning and cost an absolute bomb - but it was sooooo loud and ended up one day about 12mths into it, it just stopped working.
I bought an $18 PaknSave kettle to replace it temporarily but 2 years down the track it's still going strong and is the quietest kettle I've ever had!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Trudi did your toaster arrive? I ended up getting a cheapo from kmart too, should arrive tomorrow. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup! About a week after o ordered it and it's actually really great. I'm considering the matching jug after all lol 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I was quite surprised when I looked, they had a great selection to pick from!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah def, mine was $39 I think and it's great, looks awesome, cooks things properly etc. very happy!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I couldn't get that one as it was out of stock so I got the $19 one. It looks great in black and chrome! Impressed.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah mine is the matte black and chrome one, it actually looks so much more expensive than it was, love that !
shazatron101
5112 posts
Now i really do need a new one, the water level has snapped off >:(
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Shaz I've had my Kensington Kettle from the warehouse for about 4 years now and it's only just on it's way out now. And when I say on it's way out I mean it's just looking old lol. It was part of their diamond range I'll be sad when I need to replace it because it's the longest kettle I've had that's not needed to be replaced every year! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!