Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

nbr hiding cry face

17 posts, 11 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
not that you can really hide it, there's always something that will give it away. blood shot eyes, still red nose, nasally voice. i was just wondering how you ladies hide yours? i either dont go out as planned or just slap on some mascara and bb cream and hope i don't look as crap as i usually feel :-P
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Eyedrops...hoodie and sunnies lol I like to hide! I hope you are all good Shaz :-)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I pop in some contacts since my glasses magnify things like blood shot eyes, or I just stumble around blind.
shazatron101
5112 posts
ahhh yes the ol hoody and sunnies ;-) usually thats what i do too but it's getting to hot for big sweaters lol. and i only have eyedrops for the cats so i don't think i'll be using them anytime soon lmfao. but yes, thank you i am okay. i'll come right in a few days :-)

if i wore glasses that'd be a brilliant tip froggy! i luff it.
MareeB
5239 posts
I heat my whole face with a hot flannel so everything is red, then it looks more like illness or allergy - or thats what I tell myself anyway!

I hope all's good with you sweetie xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
ooh maree that could work! it'd make the rest of my face look red and not splotchy bahahaha, i'm going to try it next time i'm having a meltdown :-p thank you xxx
Julieal
915 posts
I always look terrible after a cry -blotchy with swollen eyes -I try not to be seen, Some people can cry without looking aweful but not me.
trudijoy
8375 posts
shaz hug yourself bc i can't come hug you and...yeah <3

i cried all over my keyboard this morning. Have had a terrible week. I've perfected the art of crying with makeup on and not really smudging it but this morning i had no makeup on and pretty much cried my real face off.

My top tips:

When you're done, wash your face. hot water then cold, then a face spray and a really nice lotion. Spritz your eyes with the Optrex mist stuff; i always have that around for eye dramas. Icecube - not on your face but on the back of your neck, sides of your throat and insides of your wrist. Cools your blood and makes it leave your face.

illuminating primer/foundation and popping eye and lip makeup. I tend towards things that seem to soften red (purple is my go to) and stay from too much black as it worsens it

paste a fake smile on - fake it until you make it.

and look after you <3
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I would put some ice and cold water a dump my face in it for a while. Helps with reducing redness and gets of the groggy feeling. Also looking at some funny videos I've saved or photos of cute animals to cheer me up and put on a smile.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Awwww Shaz, have been a bit MIA but I hope everything is okay babe xxx As for hiding crying face, I wish I could help, but I'm not very good at hiding spotchy red faces. I'm still trying to master a winged eyeliner ha ha ha 

Hugs babe and hope everything comes right xxxx I'll flick you a message a little later xxxx
shazatron101
5112 posts
i'm the same julieal. its like just woken up from nap face too. i cant rock it lol

those are some excellent tips trudi. i think they'll be stored in the memory bank for a while, especially the ice one. i will look after myself the best way i know how :-) hope youre feeling better today yourself, madam!

i usually look at my cat, Charmmy, but atm hes not cheering me up at all and making me feel worse. poor boy has his cone on and is under house arrest :-/ but i do agree funny videos are good, if not for cheering up then taking your mind off of the issues.

baahahahah sarah i am in the same boat with eyeliner. some days i get it right but other days i end up using the liner to draw a moustache and whiskers on my face. if it's already ruined go big or go home right? :P

thanks for all your tips you wonderful humans. i know i'll feel better when its out of my system but all your replies have made me smile regardless :-)
Macs
5351 posts
When I do cry a lot  normally at Funerals back home. I have a bottle of clear eyes or eye wash  because my eyes go bloodshot from crying too much . Hide the redness around my eyes and nose with foundation . 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
A cooling flannel and reading or watching something funny. Sounds like these ladies are a good cheer up too. Hope you're more cheerful now :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
today i didnt even bother hiding my face. i was even wearing mascara - not anymore. the vets must think im insane the way i carried on, but to be fair, finding out your fur baby has a rare disease (on top of bloody feline aids) that can't be cured cos it's not well known isn't the best news. even worse, the drugs may not work so quality of life has to be considered and well, i did not appreciate hearing that in my state lmfao

thanks for all your tips though, next time i have to go out after having a cry ill remember them and do them, cos i know theyll work, or at least make me look more human. xxxxx
MareeB
5239 posts
I love that you love your pets so much Shaz. I wish everyone felt that way about animals!!!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Aw, Shaz, my thoughts are with you and your fur baby. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
hehe maree i do love my pets! theyre like me kids but hairier... tho the man is giving them a run for their money bahahahahahah ;-P

thank you silvene <3

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!