Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR #dinnerchat

1072 posts, 18 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hello Fresh cheesy beef enchiladas. Never made enchiladas before but its soo tasty. I've missed proper cooking.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yaaassss it was legit the best crumble ive ever made hahahaha even squidlet liked it!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I LOVE enchiladas! I started adding a bit of rice and sour cream to the filling... my goodness. I used to make like 8 and now i made 4 or 5 max cos theyre so damn filling
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yummmm. I've put the recipe I e been using in my handwritten recipe file bc it's so good, I don't wanna lose it 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've been handwriting a few recipes lately. Reading the recipe off the computer drives me crazy so I've started writing them into a book.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmmm enchiladas are so good! It's chilly today so I'm thinking about making pumpkin soup.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Yum enchiladas I use to love them! I was lazy and just got the Old El Paso kits though hehe. I use to make a mean fish taco with a pineapple salsa too ... Ahhh how I miss you *sigh*
tabucutie
1811 posts
Putting rice in them reminds of the Mexicali Fresh burrito's! I think their rice is cilantro rice or something, tastes great. Ugh I love them so much but definitely can't afford to get them all the time. Is there a Mexicali Fresh down your ways Shaz?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yummmm mexicalifresh. Maybe that's what I want for dinner! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Yass get the mexi!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got the mexicali  :D
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have no idea what mexicali fresh is hahahahaha so ill say no lmao
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's like subway for Mexican food... well Tex-mex. I get Mexicali cravings seperate to my Mexican cravings lol. 

I had a naked burrito (ie no wrap) with refried beans, chicken, lettuce, cheese, chipotle, guacamole and mango salsa - left out the rice and black beans. Hit the spot. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Haha separate cravings. Crack up. I had tortillas last night and am tempted for a repeat. But will probably go for pasta tonight.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol, Trudi did you add that it's Texmex for my benefit? (Mexican food purist here). 
trudijoy
8375 posts
No no, I know the difference.

you appreciating it is a bonus lol 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Never heard of it either! Sounds yummy though! I had venison steaks with kumera chips.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ahh i see haha faux Mexican lmfao
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup but it's tasty lol. 

ive just realised Mexico is in UberEats though!!!!!!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ohhhh mexico!! I absolutely adored their fresh pineapple juice it was sooo gooood. And even better with alcohol!! Y u m
tabucutie
1811 posts
Awesome, bet the Mex was every bit as delicious!

Cooked another hello fresh meal last night. Jerk chicken & roast vege w/ tomato salad & lime mayo. Filling but not heavy, jerk seasoning is soo flavorful. Leftovers for today's work lunch winning.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
We have Mexicali fresh here but never tried it. Sounds very similar to Pepe's which is really yum!

Incidentally my cats name is Pepe Lopez :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
speaking of chain mexican i really really want Guzman y Gomez to open here.  I go there when I'm in Aus and it's the besssssssst!

I'm just going for chicken and veges tonight i think, we'll see.  Haven't had breakfast yet so haven't thought about dinner lol. 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Just whipped up a quick lasagna so it's ready for the oven later. Feeling like a cider so might wander down to 4 square soon. The suns just come out but boy it's chilly!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wish i liked cider! It just tastes so wine-y and its never yum and sweet like sparkling grape juice hahahahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Rekorderlig is really sweet, the berry one is yummy! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I find most ciders very sweet too but I quite like the feijoa and lime one (orchard thieves I think) and the rekorderlig passion fruit one. Monteiths and Macs ciders are okay too. Often if I'm drinking cider I cut it with soda water and make a refreshing semi alcoholic drink. Over ice, bit of fruit etc, lovely in summer 
Macs
5351 posts
I used to drink ciders all the time . Always Somersbys or Orchard thieves . I haven't now for a while now. Just drinking smirnoff black or Long Whites .  
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Yum cider, now I'm thirsty. I like a more bitter strong one like scrumpy. That fejoa one is yum though! Don't really like berry ones though cause really sweet
trudijoy
8375 posts
Bit o’ dinner inspo .... Nadia Lim cookbook from her TV show, $19 + shipping and all profits to Youthline and Women’s Refuge (both of whom REALLY need some support post-COVID) 

Make a wee donation to charity and then make some yummy food :) Just ordered mine. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ohhhh its sucha good cause.. but i dunno what it is about nadia lim but i just dont vibe with her or her recipes :/ ill just donate $19 instead, still a win right?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Most definitely a good cause x Not everyone will vibe with every chef and I'm only on a Nadia high coz her savoury pinwheel recipe is life lol. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Such a great cause! Omg yessss don't get me started about her savoury pinwheels! I made so many in lockdown I nearly turned into one! :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I may need to churn out a batch this weekend Lisa :D. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha! Those pinwheels did look pretty amazing. I tried watching her cookery show while it was on but i just could not get on board with it
tabucutie
1811 posts
Guzman y Gomez? Never heard of it but will have to give it a try next time im in auz.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup! 

SUPER good.  Check it out here
trudijoy
8375 posts
She doesn't engage me as a personality shaz, but I figure it's a charity donation and if I don't end up using the book someone will want it :) 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks for the link, looks delicious. Can't go wrong with mexican food.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ah yeah thats true as well Trudi. Someone will love it. Perhaps i could get it and then chuck it in the parcel i do for the foodbank at the end of the year.. now thats not a silly idea ;-p 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Did my chicken tacos tonight, so so tasty! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Loaded wedges, bratwurst sausages and corn fritters for us tonight. So good!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh loaded wedges sound amazing! 
MareeB
5241 posts
Ooops Lisa - after reading about your wedges I've put some chips in a pot of oil ....mmmm
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
So good! Loaded up with bacon and cheese then sour cream and sweet chilli. Nom nom nom!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lmao Maree! Mmmmm hot chips are so good too!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thats the best way to have wedges!!!!! I freakin love them with sour cream and sweet chilli /drooling YUM
MareeB
5241 posts
Mmmmm those wedges sound divine. The chips were great - medicine to salve a horrible day!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Chips really are a medicine i reckon, im definitelymajing some this week with dinner. I want to know how/where one of our bakeries gets their chicken salt, its so bloody good!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Yass for chips and loaded wedges, both are great options and soul healing foods.

I did another Hello Fresh meal. Miso chicken w/seasame chips and a pear salad topped with garlic aioli. Hadn't had miso before but it is deliciously different. Love seasame chips too but for the life of me can't find the seasame seeds at the supermarket.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!