Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR #dinnerchat

1072 posts, 18 members
Macs
5351 posts
Wow some awesome meal ideas.I haven't been domesticated since I had my week off from work. I cooked for a full week.  My partner has been cooking soups, rissoles and steak meals . I finish work too late to cook.

I love dumplings. I had some teriyaki wasabi mayo dumplings over the weekend in botany downs best I've had . I had to sign in there to takeaway my order.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Made two dinners last night I was feeling so organised. It's soul food tonight with mac'n'cheese.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i have the next five days off, so it's my friday and i'm getting pizza and onion rings :D
RamblingRose
1280 posts
It's been comfort food week for us this week, Lol. ... Beef Stew, Butter Chicken with garlic naan, and it's Mac 'n Cheese night for us tonight, too. I've tried a new recipe off MindFood's website, I'm hoping it's good. 

I'll be making a homemade pizza tomorrow night. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Mmmmm Mac'N'cheese!! Tonight was a banana and a pear covered with homemade coconut yogurt (good) then a bag of milk shake lollies (bad) just can't seem to stick to the programme ...
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've just checked Netflix and Longmire is definitely still on there (it's showing up on my list). 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Feesh and cheeps tonight, homemade and y u m. I only started making fish the last year or 2 cos when i was younger my mother would tell me the brown bits were rotten to stop me eating her crayfish, rude

Anyway, warble warble, the man missed fresh fish so i made it for him and when i make it, i like it haha. Panko crunchy deliciousness :-p
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Lol Maree you make me feel better. I can't stick to the programme either.
MareeB
5241 posts
LOL itsclearascrystal last night was chicken flavoured potato chips and Macintoshs toffees, so tonight was an improvement. My head is not in the right place for successful dieting right now.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Aw Maree. 

I'm trying to eat healthy but also eat food that makes me happy and that I don't have to muck around preparing. It's a wonder I manage to eat at all :P
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have a roast on the meal plan.. what didn't i take out and defrost... hnnnn muppet girl strikes again

Chicken chips sound good right now! Love them on bread hahaha 
Susilia
484 posts
Hey guys, I'm late to the party yet again, love food chats, I love cooking, chopping veggies up relaxes me after work, on my day off I plan next week's menu and stick it on the side of the fridge, my partner goes shopping with a nice shopping list for all the ingredients. We steer away from the menu from time to time, for example when we don't feel all that hungry for a big dinner, but the plan is handy for when I get home from work and I am too tired to think of what to cook, look in the fridge for ingredients etc.

I read cookbooks fo ideas and then just incorporate them into my usual recipes, or think of something completely new with one little trick/ingredient.
I'm most proud of my vegetarian lasagna that is made with red lentils instead of mince. Yumm!

trudijoy
8375 posts
I've just churned our a roast chicken dinner and now I have leftovers for days lol. Roast chicken, stuffing, roast veges- potato, kumara, carrot, onion, and sautéed mushrooms and courgette, with gravy and garlic bread. 

im very full now 
MareeB
5241 posts
Mmmm a roast dinner would be divine!!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yum I love roasts! Especially when it's a chilly night. I made lamb burgers and fries, quick and easy tonight.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yyuuuuummmm roast and burgers delicious! We had moroccan chicken... without a lot of ingredients so im not sure how Moroccan it was in the end hahaha but it was nice!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Your roast sounds amazing trudi!

Just had a kebab from a local takeaways, but the customer service was the best. He was all smiles and looked happy to be there. It's really nice to see a smiling face when buying food out. Some of the service from the food places have been shocking though I understand it's probably due to circumstances.
trudijoy
8375 posts
The roast was amazing, and the leftovers  just got upcycled into Moroccan couscous for tonight :)

I personally don't feel that there's any valid excuse for poor customer service. There are companies I have gone right off because they're using the current situation as a reason to not try hard enough and I won't have a bar of it. you can be busy and still be customer focused. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mac n cheese here, all the talk of it made me want it

Fully agree trudi. Emailed Oricom about the faulty baby monitor and for the entire lockdown+2 weeks they dicked me around, only got somewhere when i sent them a snarky email demanding my money back! Ridiculous 
MareeB
5241 posts
I had my first visit with my son and daughter-in-law since lockdown (it was awesome). Just got home from work and polished off the remaining pavlova from our lunch ..mmmmm
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmmm everything sounds so good! We did homemade pizzas. My friend gave me 30 eggs yesterday as mine have stopped laying so might do some baking today.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Does breakfast count? We're having guests over (that i actually like!! And like having in my house!) And im making pancakes, bacon, crumpets and eggs (last 2 are maybes at this stage) with bananas, whipped butter, cream, jam and maple syrup on the side, and hot drinks of course! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooooh i love homemade pizza!!! YUM. I used to love dominoes but a local joint does waaay better pizza lol

Also yes bake aaallll the things!!
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Mmmmm pancakes, banana, bacon and maple syrup *drooool*
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Pizza, pancakes, yum. I need to make things like that more often.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Wow shaz, first class brekkie, those are some lucky guests!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha well i thought so, forgot one is sensitive to certain smells so i hope the bacon scent didn't upset them! 

Had to kick them out in the end so the man and child could sleep but it was so lovely to see them again :-)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@shaz, your breakfast sounds really yummy!   It's lasagne & salad for us tonight.  The hard work kind of lasagne (not a "cheat" version), the proper one that takes 2.5 hours to cook, but it's sooo worth it! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Leftover roast chicken became pizza tonight on my fave crispy stone baked bases (Romano's, I get them at Countdown). 

Toppings: pizza paste, mushroom, red onion, roast chicken, basil, Italian parsley, almonds, mozzarella and noble cheddar

what is a cheats lasagne? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also shaz wanna come cook me brunch tomorrow? Bring bebe and I'll entertain her :D
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yum Silvene, I nearly made lasagna but decided to be lazy and we had nachos lol I eat terribly when my man is home!
Never had almonds on pizza before! Sounds interesting!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lisa I use slivered almonds in lieu of pinenuts, they work kinda the same :) 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@trudijoy, a cheat lasagne is basically a pasta and mince bake.  Cooked noodles layered with mince, topped with cheese and baked. We were invited to dinner somewhere once, and we're told we'd be getting lasagne ... it was a mince and noodle bake, definitely not lasagne! 

I use Gordon Ramsay's Focaccia bread recipe as the base for my homemade pizzas. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ah right. I guess mines somewhere between. I don't make the pasta, I use the fresh pasta sheets cut to size. Then I make a thicker bolognese style sauce, usually with chicken mince and mushrooms bc I don't really eat red meat, and a cheese sauce, layer them all together and cook, with some extra grated cheese on top. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Lisa I did nachos last night too. I'm all about really simple but reasonably healthy meals at the moment.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Also love the almond idea Trudi. I do pumpkin and sunflower seeds on top of my pizza. Might have to tried almonds next time.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I had the day off so SUPER lazy... pre made pumpkin and feta lasagne from the supermarket and some garlic bread. 

:D
trudijoy
8375 posts
I love the almonds, I have them in everything. The slivered ones work best because they're still small but they keep their crunch and flavour, whereas the sliced ones aren't as successful. 

there's a GoodFor opening close to me this week so looking forward to hopefully getting them there soon 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I did pork belly and it came out so good! Roast potatoes and corn with gravy. Mmmm great on a cold night!
Lol I think that I make cheats lasagna then!
MareeB
5241 posts
Home made pumpkin and carrot soup and garlic bread tonight. Very nice!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I love that pre-made pumpkin and feta lasagne from the supermarket! I usually have one in the freezer. The ultimate cheats lasagne as I cba making a proper one for just one person. I also couldn't make it for the price of the premade one. And it's actually really tasty. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Pumpkin and feta lasagna sounds amazing! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Friiied rice here, and i have granny smith apples in the fridge and i couldn't remember why til just before.. trudi! And your bloody crumbles lol maybe tomorrow after pork tonkatsu(?) My style lol

As for lasagne, 1. Y u m, 2. I make the pasta myself and the white sauce but i dont grow the cow (i wish!) Lol 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yesssss apple crumble! Tonkatsu! (Ton = pork so you can say tonkatsu or pork katsu; katsu means 'cutlet')
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yay glad other people are eating that pumpkin and feta lasagne! It's so tasty and you're right soozie - can't make it for that price 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Out of curiosity, I just sat and calculated how much it costs me to make a lasagne (using the Diamond pasta sheets, onion, celery, carrot, tomato, butter, stock powder, garlic, and homemade white sauce). It works out to $8.90 for 6 generous portions.  Hubby and I usually eat the first batch straight out the oven and I freeze the other 4 portions for nights when I have to work late and don't have time to cook. 

$1.50 per portion is really not bad (plus the cost of a few cherry tomatoes and rocket from our garden for a salad).  I have no idea how much a store bought lasagne portion costs ... we have bought that pumpkin & feta lasagne before (about 2 years ago, while on holiday) - I remember it was good! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I do that when I make pasta sauce silvene but I hate pasta that's been frozen and reheated so usually only make lasagne if I'm cooking for a crowd and it'll get eaten over 1-2 days 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Silvene does that include mince or is it a vegetarian lasagne? The supermarket one is $5-$6 depending on specials. I still cba to make one from scratch lol. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Anyone else tried Puhoi Valley authentic caramel yoghurt? My basic dinner tonight but it's the best type of Greek yoghurt I've tried yet.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhh I've not tried caramel but I love Puhoi yoghurt! So good!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!